Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550206 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3765 on: December 15, 2011, 10:44:47 pm »

I found out that you can have your cake and eat it too when Escaping the Silvermine in Markarth.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's not what happened to me...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: December 15, 2011, 10:58:54 pm »

I was on my way to Bleak Falls Barrow (FINALLY) and was level 20. I stumbled across a Frost Troll blocking my way, Being WAY WAY WAY underpowered due to leveling non combat skills, he was to be Yo'yoed as I dashed up and down the mountain rocks into and out of his Pathing where he couldn't reach me, after tickling him down with a few hundred arrows I pull out some magics which have never been used, showering him with flames. Finally the beast falls and I find an item on him that looks weird, its graphic didn't line straight and it had a damage amount as a sword. I equip it and I discovered I had found a Mini Artifact weapon added by this mod.
Needless to say that this is going up on my wall when I get a home (currently Twohanding.)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: December 15, 2011, 11:31:01 pm »

Heh, I remember sequence-breaking by way of rockclimbing that troll; I ended up going down the path after talking to the Greybeards and stealth-killed it.

Also, killing that evil matron of the orphanage was one of the most gratifying experiences I've ever had in a game. Even more so after I saw the closet/latrine/solitary confinement cell. I'm keeping a savefile from the second after I entered the building, just for old time's sake.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #3768 on: December 15, 2011, 11:51:09 pm »

I was on my way to Bleak Falls Barrow (FINALLY) and was level 20. I stumbled across a Frost Troll blocking my way, Being WAY WAY WAY underpowered due to leveling non combat skills, he was to be Yo'yoed as I dashed up and down the mountain rocks into and out of his Pathing where he couldn't reach me, after tickling him down with a few hundred arrows I pull out some magics which have never been used, showering him with flames. Finally the beast falls and I find an item on him that looks weird, its graphic didn't line straight and it had a damage amount as a sword. I equip it and I discovered I had found a Mini Artifact weapon added by this mod.
Needless to say that this is going up on my wall when I get a home (currently Twohanding.)

How can that mod do all that it claims? I thought we needed the kit to have anything good.
I got nothing

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: December 15, 2011, 11:58:04 pm »

Dunno, but it must be difficult.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: December 16, 2011, 12:13:18 am »

Heh, I remember sequence-breaking by way of rockclimbing that troll; I ended up going down the path after talking to the Greybeards and stealth-killed it.

I was having a lot of trouble with the thing, so I ended up just running up the mountain and hoping it would de-aggro. It didn't. "Oh shit," I thought. "Well, it probably can't go through doors, at least." Wrong again.

Cue ten monks sprinting in and shouting fireballs at a yeti, then walking away from its charred corpse like nothing happened. WELCOME TO SKYRIM

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: December 16, 2011, 12:16:36 am »

The first law of Bethsoft combat:

"When you run into something you can't kill, jump up onto a rock and shoot at it until it dies. Repeat as necessary."

3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: December 16, 2011, 12:29:49 am »

How can that mod do all that it claims? I thought we needed the kit to have anything good.
I don't know how he has done it, but I can confirm at least 60% of the promised actions are there. Haven't seen the other 40% yet of what is Prepatched to the current copy but he has done it. Basicly its a lot of his stuff and incorperating (with permission, Minecraft Modders need to follow Skyrim Modder's methods) other mods to make it even grander in one simple installtion. You can break down a ton of things to basic materials, make things that you shouldn't normally be able to make, make different foodstuffs and different alchemy methods of collection (produce it other then collect it). There is these Mini Artifacts that have unique images, this Sword I have is like a Golden or Bronze hilt with quilion with an ICE BLADE... I'll get screenshot... One moment...

EDIT::
Here is the Steam Screenshots...
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024493161/screenshots/
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:34:03 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: December 16, 2011, 12:45:40 am »

Holy crap that is awesome.

Cue more 360-tears.

3. Run Resize Enable

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3774 on: December 16, 2011, 12:51:15 am »

WELCOME TO FUCKING SKYRIM, HOPE YOU FUS RO DAH!

Fix'd.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: December 16, 2011, 02:02:40 am »

Doing a Companion quest. The Silver Hand are really really tough. Like, they kill me in 3 hits tough. It takes me 6 to kill them. This is bad.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: December 16, 2011, 02:27:34 am »

Doing a Companion quest. The Silver Hand are really really tough. Like, they kill me in 3 hits tough. It takes me 6 to kill them. This is bad.
I found that the Silver Hand were the only enemy that really challenged me consistently. Takes a bit of a real fight to kill them, rather than the same old run of the mill run up, shieldbash them to death for lulz or just powerhit with my daedra sword.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: December 16, 2011, 02:33:42 am »

From what I've heard/seen, half of it is editing hex values and other raw data directly. Not easy, but doable if you know what to look for.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: December 16, 2011, 03:21:41 am »

I found that the Silver Hand were the only enemy that really challenged me consistently. Takes a bit of a real fight to kill them, rather than the same old run of the mill run up, shieldbash them to death for lulz or just powerhit with my daedra sword.
The Silver hand, for me, are either annoyingly easy or absurdly hard. I remember cutting through the SH, only to pop into a room with several Daedric-arrow shooting archers that HURT THE HELL OUT OF ME, and one guy with a two-handed sword who was so high level that he instakilled me with a special finishing attack, and his standard attacks cut large amounts of health out of me.

It was painful, to say the least.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: December 16, 2011, 03:52:29 am »

I just use the beast form's magic "1HK anyone in the world" attack.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 896