Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550203 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3780 on: December 16, 2011, 04:05:52 am »

But wouldn't that drop your armor extremely low, removing all damage reduction, and simultaneously make you weaker to both Silver and Daedric weapons/arrows? I could see that going really badly, considering a single Daedric arrow dropped my health by 1/3 in ~200 HP and ~400 armor if I didn't have my shield up.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: December 16, 2011, 05:04:57 am »

Some pictures from my time in Skyrim.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: December 16, 2011, 05:08:12 am »

That courier one was absolutely hilarious. I might've fallen to the ground... if I wasn't on my bed, chillaxing.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: December 16, 2011, 05:08:23 am »

You too, huh? Damn nudists :P
Love, scriver~

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: December 16, 2011, 05:09:49 am »

But wouldn't that drop your armor extremely low, removing all damage reduction, and simultaneously make you weaker to both Silver and Daedric weapons/arrows? I could see that going really badly, considering a single Daedric arrow dropped my health by 1/3 in ~200 HP and ~400 armor if I didn't have my shield up.
If you use your roar to make them shit their pantaloons and run, you can usually kill them all before they realize they can 1shot you.
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: December 16, 2011, 05:19:24 am »

Good god that Courier is badass. Only a badass could run around Winterhold with no clothes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #3786 on: December 16, 2011, 06:10:36 am »

Oh hells yes, an Ordinator.

I'm loving all these throwbacks Skyrim has to Morrowind, seriously. Imperial Guard armor's similar to what it was in Morrowind (plus of course, you can finally join them again), there's Dwemer ruins, hell there's even part of one of Morrowind's music tracks in one of Skyrim's tracks (far as i can tell it's exactly the same music from Morrowind, it's not like redone or anything, they simply took it and slotted it into the Skyrim track :)). I'll see if i can find the track).
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: December 16, 2011, 06:11:06 am »

Well, as long as the SH are this hard for everyone else, I guess I'll go redo the dungeon. I was afraid for a bit that I had done something horribly wrong in developing my character and everything past level 20 was going to 2-hit me.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: December 16, 2011, 06:14:53 am »

If the game's getting too hard, turn the difficulty down :P
I see no point in playing on a high difficulty and dying repeatedly rather than just turning it down a bit.
*Hugs*

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: December 16, 2011, 06:23:01 am »

If the game's getting too hard, turn the difficulty down :P
I see no point in playing on a high difficulty and dying repeatedly rather than just turning it down a bit.

Eh, I prefer the varying difficulty the game provides. That's one of the main improvements over oblivion. When I fight an enemy that's more powerful than me, it's extra satisfying to be able to kill it. Like this level 14 blood dragon. It destroyed me the first time, so the second time I lured it over to a giant and his mammoths and they killed it for me.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: December 16, 2011, 06:47:24 am »

Doing a Companion quest. The Silver Hand are really really tough. Like, they kill me in 3 hits tough. It takes me 6 to kill them. This is bad.
I found that the Silver Hand were the only enemy that really challenged me consistently. Takes a bit of a real fight to kill them, rather than the same old run of the mill run up, shieldbash them to death for lulz or just powerhit with my daedra sword.
The Silver hand, for me, are either annoyingly easy or absurdly hard. I remember cutting through the SH, only to pop into a room with several Daedric-arrow shooting archers that HURT THE HELL OUT OF ME, and one guy with a two-handed sword who was so high level that he instakilled me with a special finishing attack, and his standard attacks cut large amounts of health out of me.

It was painful, to say the least.

Same here. I kill around 7 Silver Hands with only one or two slashes and another one cracks my skull with a giant warhammer with one smash. Too bad high level SHs don't have a "BEWARE! I'M HIGH LEVEL" sign.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: December 16, 2011, 07:30:19 am »

Doing a Companion quest. The Silver Hand are really really tough. Like, they kill me in 3 hits tough. It takes me 6 to kill them. This is bad.
I found that the Silver Hand were the only enemy that really challenged me consistently. Takes a bit of a real fight to kill them, rather than the same old run of the mill run up, shieldbash them to death for lulz or just powerhit with my daedra sword.
The Silver hand, for me, are either annoyingly easy or absurdly hard. I remember cutting through the SH, only to pop into a room with several Daedric-arrow shooting archers that HURT THE HELL OUT OF ME, and one guy with a two-handed sword who was so high level that he instakilled me with a special finishing attack, and his standard attacks cut large amounts of health out of me.

It was painful, to say the least.

Same here. I kill around 7 Silver Hands with only one or two slashes and another one cracks my skull with a giant warhammer with one smash. Too bad high level SHs don't have a "BEWARE! I'M HIGH LEVEL" sign.
Its on the end of their weapons. You just need to get REALLLLLYYYYY Close to see it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3792 on: December 16, 2011, 08:09:22 am »

How can that mod do all that it claims? I thought we needed the kit to have anything good.
I don't know how he has done it, but I can confirm at least 60% of the promised actions are there. Haven't seen the other 40% yet of what is Prepatched to the current copy but he has done it. Basicly its a lot of his stuff and incorperating (with permission, Minecraft Modders need to follow Skyrim Modder's methods) other mods to make it even grander in one simple installtion. You can break down a ton of things to basic materials, make things that you shouldn't normally be able to make, make different foodstuffs and different alchemy methods of collection (produce it other then collect it). There is these Mini Artifacts that have unique images, this Sword I have is like a Golden or Bronze hilt with quilion with an ICE BLADE... I'll get screenshot... One moment...

EDIT::
Here is the Steam Screenshots...
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024493161/screenshots/
That's a glass sword with the gamma on the blade cranked way up and a frost effect painted on. Looks a lot like chillrend.

eggrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: December 16, 2011, 09:16:54 am »

Not a huge deal since the only faction quest I've completed has been the College of Winterfell, and since I play as a mage it fits.
It's Winterhold. You've clearly been reading too much.

Damn it Ned, stop correcting me like that!

I've read through the series four or five times, so yeah... too much.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3794 on: December 16, 2011, 09:53:10 am »

Winter is come-diddly-oming, neighborino.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 896