Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558672 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3810 on: December 18, 2011, 01:16:56 am »

So I was doing the last quest for the Thieves Guild, and

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's the little things...

That's fantastic. If there's two things I love, it's fus-ro-dah-ing enemies into dangerous situations (the most common one being lethally high in the air), and using traps against enemies.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: December 18, 2011, 01:18:28 am »

That's fantastic. If there's two things I love, it's fus-ro-dah-ing enemies into dangerous situations (the most common one being lethally high in the air), and using traps against enemies.

Along those lines, did anyone actuallly fight the

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: December 18, 2011, 03:22:30 am »

I just saw Sven get knocked upwards by a giant (at a rather high speed), and land a minute later about 50 ft from where he took off..

Funny part is, he survived.  O.o I figured I'd get the chance to loot what was left of his corpse.. but nope.  He was standing around like "WTF just happened?"
thats nothing. on some random encounter ive met a stray dog. he was runing around randomly. i aproched him and clicked and he turned and started following me. shame is that when he could solo tiger he had near to none survival instinct. So yeah, he also attacked dragons, bears, mamoths and... giants. we've found one gigant in a rather unexpected place so before i could react the dog charged the giant. this is when i though "there goes my dog =(" and the giant used his infamous opener with the club bash. so the doggy skyrocked in direction of one of moons. i killed the giant alone and continiued my adventure just to be scared to death by that dog suddenly jumping from bushes.
i dont know WTF but i decided to keep that dog lol.
Reminds me a bit Dogmeat from Fallout.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: December 18, 2011, 03:31:47 am »

Ohoho... got two of the same staff from a dragon priest in a College of Winterhold specific quest.

I have since used both staves as my weapons.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: December 18, 2011, 04:16:47 am »

Along those lines, did anyone actuallly fight the
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: December 18, 2011, 04:18:52 am »

Double Staff of Magnus is a bug that can break the conclusion of the Mage Guild's main quest line, New Guy, so make sure you get right on that before you make too much other progress.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: December 18, 2011, 07:37:09 am »

Or having enemies use traps against themselves...

I had a random forsworn woman guarding the end of a hallway of deactivated swinging blade traps when she heard me sneaking around. She called out 'who's there!', triggered the trap with a lever right beside her, promptly walked into the corridor full of swinging axe blades searching for me and died.

AI at it's finest!
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: December 18, 2011, 07:43:31 am »

Double Staff of Magnus is a bug that can break the conclusion of the Mage Guild's main quest line, New Guy, so make sure you get right on that before you make too much other progress.

Well, I've already completed the mages' guild without problems, and I haven't been glitched by the duped staves. Still, I read about that glitch beforehand (actually before starting the mages' guild questline), so I was wary about it.

I guess I'm lucky that my save file didn't glitch itself to make finishing the mages' questline impossible.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: December 18, 2011, 08:55:22 am »

Hmmm.
So i finaly hit expert destruction with my new altmer girl and i am wondering.
Expert level spells. All of them are like a step backward in terms of everything but damage compared to their previous adept versions.
Fireball vs Incinerate. Incinerate has a rather small range, is slower then slowpoke and is somehow hard to aim with. oh and it doesnt have any considerable AOF, i wont even mention the charge time. it feels and works more like a buffed version of Firebolt. Fireball in the other hand has a huge AOF, "okey" speed, is easy to aim.

Thunder vs Chain Lightining. It has higher dmg sure, but hits just one target. Just like with previous spells this one is more like a lightining on steroids.

Dont know about frost spells as i dont use them almost at all. I belive that dead enemy is better then wounded and slowed enemy, and almost all of the frost spells are projectiles.

As for "Wall of [element]" spells - i dont know. Never really used them. They are like the starting spells but with stationary AOF + DOT. In theory - great. But the problem is - enemies arent rocks, they tend to move, alot.

I would get all of them anyway because of my "collector" personality but i am quite low on cash (about 8k) and i dont want to dump money on stuff i wont use.

Whats your expirience with this spells? any advices? its kind a depressing to run around useing the same spells for another 25 destruction...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:02:51 am by irbis »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: December 18, 2011, 09:03:38 am »

Text
Destruction seemed rather feeble overall so i just went with conjuration and let summons do the work.
Also. AOF= Area of F... what? Common term is Area of effect i.e. AOE.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: December 18, 2011, 09:35:44 am »

Text
Destruction seemed rather feeble overall so i just went with conjuration and let summons do the work.
Also. AOF= Area of F... what? Common term is Area of effect i.e. AOE.
Area of fuck obviously.
lol just kidding.
sorry, meant AOE ofcourse. Some brain cells in my head must have died when writing that sentence heh :P

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: December 18, 2011, 09:39:47 am »

sorry, meant AOE ofcourse. Some brain cells in my head must have died when writing that sentence heh :P
I did consider that, but you did it three times so... yeah.
Also, according to heresay, destruction isn't strong enough when you get close to max level.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: December 18, 2011, 09:52:51 am »

I did consider that, but you did it three times so... yeah.
Also, according to heresay, destruction isn't strong enough when you get close to max level.
by that time ill switch to something better.
and with sick enchantments + master spells ill be fine.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: December 18, 2011, 10:05:15 am »

Enchantments will only reduce mana cost i seem to recall, so there's no way to increase the damage.

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: December 18, 2011, 10:08:22 am »

Enchantments will only reduce mana cost i seem to recall, so there's no way to increase the damage.
you can make potions that buffs the spells damage.
and well, godly cost reduction + master lightning spell will fry anything

EDIT:
em i the only one who couldnt access this forums for past 24h? O.o
EDIT2
oh and this
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/585375
and this
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/585765
and this
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/585885
and that
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/584512