Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550218 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #3975 on: December 23, 2011, 04:57:44 pm »

In a world where there exists untold millions of these little magic weightless coins where you can't even go on a hike without finding a box, urn, barrel, or chest with a few inside - I don't think it's all that far fetched that a bear or horker wound up accidentally eating one.

Or maybe a giant smashed someone and caused the coins in his purse to become kinetic missiles, sticking into random animals across the realm.
That makes the most sense, one of those theories must be right.

Or someone crossed over the interuniversal boundary from the FO verse, and those are actually Legion denarii from their coinshot.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: December 23, 2011, 05:12:37 pm »

I never picked up the one in Elenwen's solar. Does that mean if I picked any others up the quest would be uncompletable?
No. You can collect them in any order.

Also, to collect that one you missed:

This location cannot be revisited through normal means. If you would like to return here, it is possible for a horse to jump straight up the tree and into the courtyard.

Alternatively if you don't mind minor cheating, open up the console, type "tcl", and you'll be able to fly up to the location. To turn it off, type "tcl" again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: December 23, 2011, 07:26:15 pm »

Obviously you're the only one who thinks to loot bodies. I presume the dead were cremated with a few baubles still on them, and their remains put in these urns.

In my imagination I like to explain the coins on Draugr and in urns with a practice similar to Greek mythology: Relatives place coins in the mouth of their deceased, to help pay the toll for the ferry across the Styx river, which would lead one to the entrance of Sovngarde.

I just wonder where the gold coins come from when I kill a bear or horker. Like, are they swallowing adventurers whole?

Is it so far fetched, that bears will not only swallow tender adventurer meat, but also some indigestible valuables he had on him? To the business of getting those coins out of the bear again: We have no disgust skinning, grinding bone, ripping out eyes and hearts, so let's go some deeper down the digestive tract! =D

Btw, I never harvest spider eggs, out of rollplayed disgust.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:28:09 pm by Spitfire »
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: December 23, 2011, 07:43:46 pm »

Take a look at this list: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs_%28Skyrim%29

Mostly they are funny.

I laughed when I saw the macro RPGCodex came up with for "Bethesda ignoring obvious bugs"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and in .gif form
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: December 23, 2011, 07:45:31 pm »

You guys are missing the point. What's more disturbing is going into a barrow from the first era, and discovering imperial weapons or other anachronisms. Not to mention every gold coin you find having an image of the emperor on it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3980 on: December 23, 2011, 07:51:07 pm »

You guys are missing the point. What's more disturbing is going into a barrow from the first era, and discovering imperial weapons or other anachronisms. Not to mention every gold coin you find having an image of the emperor on it.
Not to mention the fact that every torch and candle is still lit.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: December 23, 2011, 09:44:19 pm »

I'm annoyed by finding Imperial items and the such as well, but if you are bothered by there only being one kind of coin you can always rationalise that you don't find two modern gold coins, you find two gold coins' worth of ancient moneys. Because value in the old times were bound to the amount of metal, not the mint - you'd have no problem paying with Roman coins in 1500th century Poland, for example, even if their mint were different (Well, you might have, because depending on age the Western Roman coins were so unpure they were practically worthless outside West Rome, but that is completely beyond the point).
Love, scriver~

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: December 23, 2011, 09:55:20 pm »

Not to mention the fact that every torch and candle is still lit.
magic.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: December 23, 2011, 10:38:45 pm »

Because value in the old times were bound to the amount of metal, not the mint - you'd have no problem paying with Roman coins in 1500th century Poland, for example, even if their mint were different (Well, you might have, because depending on age the Western Roman coins were so unpure they were practically worthless outside West Rome, but that is completely beyond the point).
In the year 149900, I'd probably be so amazed by a coin of such age that I'd think it more valuable than anything I've ever seen before.  :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: December 23, 2011, 10:40:30 pm »

Maybe the candles and torches are fueled with the souls of dead adventurers/bandits/necromancers/etc?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: December 23, 2011, 10:41:23 pm »

Guys, you have to remeber the empire is at least 200 years old at this point.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: December 23, 2011, 11:27:34 pm »

A whole lot older than that. It's been 200 years since the last game, IIRC. The Empire's been around for a very long time.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: December 23, 2011, 11:40:40 pm »

The first "empire" has been around since 1E 243 according to UESP.

That's 4208 years by my quick calculations.

That's FREAKING OOOOLLLDDD.

Dakorma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: December 24, 2011, 01:27:54 am »

The first "empire" has been around since 1E 243 according to UESP.

That's 4208 years by my quick calculations.

That's FREAKING OOOOLLLDDD.

The alessian empire doesn't count, the current empire stretched, 366 years from start of the third era into the start of fourth, and then 200 years into the fourth. So 500 years.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: December 24, 2011, 01:31:44 am »

You guys know how when setting things up in your home, you leave/save and then return to find everything is all over the place? Making impossible to decorate your home by hand?

Well... Someone on reddit found out a solution.

Quote from: Muscar
drop them anywhere, the game will only put them in a fixed state after it loads them again, so:

Drop them fron the menu, exit the house, enter again and move them (do not pick them up so they're in your meny again) to where you want them, then they should stay there.
I can confirm that it works 100% at the very least in the short term. This man deserves the Skyrim section of the internets.

Edit: On closer inspection, it works 95% of the time.

Rarely, the items will spawn in and dislodge for no reason at all. And some items will go back to their original spots after awhile. Like Carrots. But the absolute worst offenders are the goblets. In my personal experience, they have never failed to teleport back to where they used to be just so they can annoy me.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:36:06 am by Tarran »
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 896