Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558873 times)

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4050 on: December 28, 2011, 07:23:37 am »

I believe you can quickbind shouts to number keys... Wouldn't know since I only use FUSSROWDA, though.
yea but you have just 10 of the keys and shouts are just one of many things you would want to bind. sharing just 10 keys betwen spells, weapons, scrolls, potions, shouts forces you to make some hard decisions. especialy as keys from 1 to 5 are the closest and going with forced WSAD for movement makes it almost impossible to use with, for example keys 7 to 0. maybe just E.T with his long-ass fingers wouldnt complain :D

10? Isn't it 8?

The favorites menu should have been a nested favorites menu for powers, spells, weapons, apparel and potions.
oh god THIS. +being able to bind them for left and right hand seperatly.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: December 28, 2011, 07:48:23 am »

Don't worry Rex Nex, all of us PC players are stoked that the game is dumbed down, the control system is two-trigger-screwy, menus and inventory are a bit meh, the graphics aren't all they could be and we all get to listen to teenage fanboys and l33t haters online. Stoked :)

Games haven't been held back for a year or two by playstations and xboxs at all. We're lucky they exist. I can't wait for the next generation of consoles to make new AAA games obsolete compared to entry-level pc hardware. It's great for the gaming industry.

(that's my bit of pc elitism out of the way for the week).
Hey now, no need for that. Besides, modders will make everything all right.
Every TES game needs mods. It's too bad Bethesda is forgetting about PC players. I suppose they will focus on consoles from now on because that's where the money comes from.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: December 28, 2011, 08:29:53 am »

Couriers take their job very seriously... when you mess up their work, they get really, really mad.

I stole a value 0 letter, and he sent three hired merc, clad in full steel and using two-handed weapons, after me.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: December 28, 2011, 01:57:00 pm »

~ignore this~
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:00:24 pm by Rex_Nex »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: December 28, 2011, 01:59:01 pm »

then you are doing it wrong. one of the biggest advantage of being a mage is to be able to stun enemies at will with dual-casting. dragons are especialy easy for wizards.
the rest is the right timing. you dualcast lightining bolt and right after you charge another one, but you wait till dragon will get out of stun so your spell will instantly stun him again. rise and repeat - as a mage i have never been hit by a dragon. i just never gave them the oportunity. killing them is so easy that its actualy borring.
I cant stun anyone... the only destruction spells I know are Flames and Shock. I have dual-casting, the +25% fire damage perk, novice destruction, and whatever is after novice destruction. I'm only level 8 or 9.

Also, spellcheck ;P

Don't worry Rex Nex, all of us PC players are stoked that the game is dumbed down, the control system is two-trigger-screwy, menus and inventory are a bit meh, the graphics aren't all they could be and we all get to listen to teenage fanboys and l33t haters online. Stoked :)

Games haven't been held back for a year or two by playstations and xboxs at all. We're lucky they exist. I can't wait for the next generation of consoles to make new AAA games obsolete compared to entry-level pc hardware. It's great for the gaming industry.

Well, considering I said "maybe I am a little aggravated it was made for consoles and ported up to the PC", I agree. I wish it wasnt dumbed down. But really, I would never have been able to enjoy Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim if they weren't on the console. Id rather have a dumbed down game then no game at all :P

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: December 28, 2011, 02:16:01 pm »

One of the perks for destruction lets you stun people by dual casting, it's basically necessary to play a high level mage.
*Hugs*

irbis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: December 28, 2011, 02:35:15 pm »

then you are doing it wrong. one of the biggest advantage of being a mage is to be able to stun enemies at will with dual-casting. dragons are especialy easy for wizards.
the rest is the right timing. you dualcast lightining bolt and right after you charge another one, but you wait till dragon will get out of stun so your spell will instantly stun him again. rise and repeat - as a mage i have never been hit by a dragon. i just never gave them the oportunity. killing them is so easy that its actualy borring.
I cant stun anyone... the only destruction spells I know are Flames and Shock. I have dual-casting, the +25% fire damage perk, novice destruction, and whatever is after novice destruction. I'm only level 8 or 9.

Also, spellcheck ;P

Well, considering I said "maybe I am a little aggravated it was made for consoles and ported up to the PC", I agree. I wish it wasnt dumbed down. But really, I would never have been able to enjoy Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim if they weren't on the console. Id rather have a dumbed down game then no game at all :P

forgoten about the importand part - you need the impact perk, it is hiper vital.
Also the starter spells (frost/spark/flames) dont stagger the enemy, even with the perk. you need higher tier spells.

if you want to have a free training dummy for destruction spells go to Companions and tell them you want to join. then you have to "prove yourself" and fight Vikas or w/e his name is. the trick is: he is immortal with instant-health regen as long as you use magic on him. So its virtualy immposible to kill him. also - mostly he wont fight back if you use spells because his script makes him talk some crap whenever you use spells on him. i gained most of my destruction thx to him. just never finish the quest and you'll have perma  practice target.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:36:57 pm by irbis »

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: December 28, 2011, 03:39:33 pm »

Couriers take their job very seriously... when you mess up their work, they get really, really mad.

I stole a value 0 letter, and he sent three hired merc, clad in full steel and using two-handed weapons, after me.

I stole a bucket from that guy who owns the trade shop in riverwood. I dropped it and gave it back, then proceeded to do a quest for the guy. Did I mention he still sent three hired thugs who killed my companion lydia? (Or at least knocked her out)
Blargh.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4058 on: December 28, 2011, 04:20:17 pm »

I'm pretty sure children will do that too. The best part is that generic NPCs will sign their title to it as well. you can get these from Bandit Leader or Guard, I think.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: December 28, 2011, 04:32:46 pm »

Just to check, now that i've killed the thugs he hired, do I no longer have a bounty put on me. Also, if I went back to talk to this guy would anything come up like "You tried to kill me, you failed, but I will not!".
Blargh.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4060 on: December 28, 2011, 04:40:27 pm »

Its not an actual bounty, and the guards won't bother you. He hired private bounty hunters, you're not in trouble with the guards.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4061 on: December 28, 2011, 04:48:11 pm »

Just to check, now that i've killed the thugs he hired, do I no longer have a bounty put on me. Also, if I went back to talk to this guy would anything come up like "You tried to kill me, you failed, but I will not!".

That's what I'm curious about.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: December 28, 2011, 04:56:18 pm »

Pretty sure it's never mentioned again.
*Hugs*

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: December 28, 2011, 05:18:09 pm »

I can say for certain that it's never mentioned again. I got mercs sent from the blacksmith in Markarth, and she still even liked me after I killed them and went to talk to her. No conversation regarding their existence whatsoever.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: December 28, 2011, 06:11:53 pm »

I can say for certain that it's never mentioned again. I got mercs sent from the blacksmith in Markarth, and she still even liked me after I killed them and went to talk to her. No conversation regarding their existence whatsoever.
Gotta put on a fake smile when someone you hired to be killed walks into your shop, probably with layers of armor and blood and menacing weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 896