Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550214 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4080 on: December 29, 2011, 03:38:39 am »

I downloaded the file for getting rid of essential NPCs (this one), but it doesn't seem to be working. I've been testing it out around Whiterun and so far at least Danica Pure-Springs and the Jarl's court are still unkillable. Even making them non-essential manually isn't working.

Does anyone know what the problem is?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: December 29, 2011, 03:41:24 am »

I don't know, but there is a way to make them go away...

Open up the console and click on them, then type "disable". They're far more gone than if you killed them.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: December 29, 2011, 03:52:03 am »

I downloaded the file for getting rid of essential NPCs (this one), but it doesn't seem to be working. I've been testing it out around Whiterun and so far at least Danica Pure-Springs and the Jarl's court are still unkillable. Even making them non-essential manually isn't working.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Did you enable it? You have to type "bat Ess" in console. Also, it says that some NPCs can't be set to nonessential.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: December 29, 2011, 04:54:54 am »

Yes I enabled it, and yes I know it doesn't work for all NPCs. I would think at least one of them should now be killable.

I guess I'll try somewhere else.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: December 29, 2011, 05:45:52 am »

Seems Tytanis is getting ready for the CK coming out next month...
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1601

Tytanis, Awpsoleet and Hipolipolopgius, the project leaders of Tytanis: The Ultimate Mod, Skyrim Online and SkyNet respectively have come to an agreement today to work together to create the best Skyrim multiplayer experience possible.

the best Skyrim multiplayer experience possible.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:47:40 am by Heliman »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: December 29, 2011, 10:34:45 am »

So I just made the whole region of Reach hate me by doing the quest in which you have to escape from the mining prison with the Forsworn. This is actually a big problem for me now, since I still have to do one of the stormcloak-quests there, and I can't get into the castle without getting killed by hundreds of guards. I can't surrender and go to prison either, for some reason. Is there any way I can still complete the quest?
When you came out of the mines with the Forsworn... did you help them fight guards/rampage and stuff?  (I just watched and looted the dead... no problems afterward.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: December 29, 2011, 12:57:55 pm »

Skyrim won't launch with skse_loader.exe. Tried to google it but couldn't find help. Everything's installed correctly, the loader is in the same place with the .exe. It gets to full screen and CTD the next moment. Don't know what to do, I need skse badly :(.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: December 29, 2011, 12:59:59 pm »

So I just made the whole region of Reach hate me by doing the quest in which you have to escape from the mining prison with the Forsworn. This is actually a big problem for me now, since I still have to do one of the stormcloak-quests there, and I can't get into the castle without getting killed by hundreds of guards. I can't surrender and go to prison either, for some reason. Is there any way I can still complete the quest?
When you came out of the mines with the Forsworn... did you help them fight guards/rampage and stuff?  (I just watched and looted the dead... no problems afterward.)
Well, I killed the guards Thonar sent to arrest me and him at the escape. I'm kind of annoyed I didn't get to kill him this way, but hey, now I can actually walk around in reach again.

In other news, I just did the house of horrors quest. I feel pretty guilty now. :'(
At least I got an awesome weapon out of it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: December 29, 2011, 02:06:14 pm »

Skyrim won't launch with skse_loader.exe. Tried to google it but couldn't find help. Everything's installed correctly, the loader is in the same place with the .exe. It gets to full screen and CTD the next moment. Don't know what to do, I need skse badly :(.
I'm absolutely not an expert, but I've heard that borderless windows doesn't work with skse.

Other than that, if you can tolerate making an account and reading the rules, maybe you can ask somewhere on the Nexus.

In other news, I just did the house of horrors quest. I feel pretty guilty now. :'(
I don't feel guilty about it.

One guy attacks you first, you're only acting in self defense.
The other is a daedra worshiper who would betray Bohethia, and he had pissed of Molag Bal in the first place. His place on the evilness scale is roughly equal to Forsworn and bandits in my opinion.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: December 29, 2011, 04:18:53 pm »

Dude. I tortured that guy to death. Twice. He was a friggin idiot to still go there after I told him that Molag Bal sent me, but that still was a bit brutal.

The mace is still awesome, though, so I have no regrets. Going from 26 to 35 damage and getting soulstones for free? Yes please!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: December 29, 2011, 04:46:55 pm »

and getting soulstones for free? Yes please!

I would not say it's for free..
Since it requires recharging?

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: December 29, 2011, 04:53:59 pm »

and getting soulstones for free? Yes please!

I would not say it's for free..
Since it requires recharging?

Considering it gives me the soulstones with which I can recharge it I'd say they're for free.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: December 29, 2011, 05:04:03 pm »

I'm absolutely not an expert, but I've heard that borderless windows doesn't work with skse.

Other than that, if you can tolerate making an account and reading the rules, maybe you can ask somewhere on the Nexus.

The other is a daedra worshiper who would betray Bohethia, and he had pissed of Molag Bal in the first place. His place on the evilness scale is roughly equal to Forsworn and bandits in my opinion.

He isn't evil. He betrayed Boethiah because he was being beaten by a mace and he couldn't die. He worships Boethiah (a good daedric prince) and he goes to the altar of Molag Bal (an evil daedric prince, rival of Boethiah) to complete his rite. In this quest, you torture him into submitting to the Molag Bal, aka King of Rape. Who is evil? :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4093 on: December 29, 2011, 05:09:11 pm »

He isn't evil. He betrayed Boethiah because he was being beaten by a mace and he couldn't die. He worships Boethiah (a good daedric prince) and he goes to the altar of Molag Bal (an evil daedric prince, rival of Boethiah) to complete his rite. In this quest, you torture him into submitting to the Molag Bal, aka King of Rape. Who is evil? :P
Are we talking about the same Boethiah here? The daedric prince of deceit, conspiracy, secret plots of murder, assassination, treason, and unlawful overthrow of authority?

Basically the god of generally being a dick?

I mean granted, he's probably better than the god of rape and destruction but still...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: December 29, 2011, 05:09:35 pm »

The mace is still pretty boss tho :D

And I justified it by pretending he was a racist fuck (they all are the bastards, I know the way they look at my poor lizard and the way they talk about him behind his back, but they will pay, oh boy will they pay one day).

Also, if you don't want to feel like a dick because of that just know that Boethiah requires a sacrifice too, but instead of being a random rival power priest it asks you to bring someone who trusts and/or loves you.

Also, you can find a soul tap dagger under the college in winterhold :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 896