Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550170 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4305 on: January 05, 2012, 11:40:32 am »

Thanks, guys, I'll try that. I went back and purchased the long range fire spell in Whiterun so I should be fine for the Frost Troll now. I think I'm going to spend a bit more time leveling and checking out the world as Duke said.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: January 05, 2012, 11:40:39 am »

I'm sorta noticing a pattern with the quests for these games. They are all generally simple and easy enough for low-level characters to accomplish and they all either imply a sense of urgency to get it done or imply it's a simple task. So you get a bunch of quests done quickly and before you know it you are facing a Dragon Priest you were supposed to be ten levels higher to face. It was a frustrating little system, but the old skill requirements and various quests prerequisites to advance in factions was a nice way in Morrowind of pacing these things out. Take a break from the faction and adventure around for a while, check out the world.
yeah i think im experiencing right now, at the end of the thieves guild quest and the falmor are stupid hard, think its time to restart a character again...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: January 05, 2012, 11:42:25 am »

Re: frost troll, I just ran past it, and then the Greybeards made it very, very, dead.
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: January 05, 2012, 11:48:30 am »

And to think you are supposed to be the person who's supposed to save the world. :P

Unless, of course, you just ran past it because it was annoying and not that it was hard.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: January 05, 2012, 11:50:04 am »

Mostly because I was like, level 3 at the time, and who said anything about saving the world? I am but a humble Argonian blacksmith, I was delivering some food to the fine gents up at the monastery.
*Hugs*

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: January 05, 2012, 12:28:34 pm »

Killing dragons is absolutely a lot easier. Take cover when it breathes fire and unload your arrows on the dragon.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: January 05, 2012, 02:08:26 pm »

I got like 1/5 of the way up the steps and just started jumping up the mountain. I came in on High Hrothgar from above it, accidentally.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: January 05, 2012, 02:47:27 pm »

I got like 1/5 of the way up the steps and just started jumping up the mountain. I came in on High Hrothgar from above it, accidentally.
Too many quest markers are on one side of some mountain, which I climb, only to find the place was on the other side and I have to navigate my way down vertically somehow.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: January 05, 2012, 03:14:00 pm »

I couldn't do it because of invisible walls. I turned off clipping later. I also took a look at Morrowind. I hope to see a DLC about it.

While I was googling for possible DLCs I found this link: http://www.gamesradar.com/oblivions-horse-armour-dlc-is-still-selling-bethesda-calls-it-inexplicable-we-call-it-basic-human-degradation/

Don't blame Bethesda, blame the customers.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:17:19 pm by Leatra »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: January 05, 2012, 03:42:50 pm »

Mmm I think I still have morrowind on this computer! Lemme start it up for nostalgias sake!

*Ten minutes later*

Mmm... low framerate, buggy as hell, bad animations, dice-roll melee attacks, no far-view... hehe. Nostalgia is fun :)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: January 05, 2012, 03:49:18 pm »

I think I've ran into a bit of a bug.
Spoiler: Dawnstar (click to show/hide)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4316 on: January 05, 2012, 03:51:59 pm »

I think I've ran into a bit of a bug.
Spoiler: Dawnstar (click to show/hide)
If you're on the PC: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Waking_Nightmare#Bugs

2nd one down.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: January 05, 2012, 03:56:22 pm »

Mmm I think I still have morrowind on this computer! Lemme start it up for nostalgias sake!

*Ten minutes later*

Mmm... low framerate, buggy as hell, bad animations, dice-roll melee attacks, no far-view... hehe. Nostalgia is fun :)
I was playing it from time to time months ago but I stopped playing it. I have the game for years and there are still surprising stuff though. When I first started playing this game, I didn't know english. Playing without knowing nothing was still fun.

I stopped playing Skyrim too though. Waiting for some cool mods :D

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: January 05, 2012, 04:10:09 pm »

*Ten minutes later*

Low framerate? Buggy as hell? Maybe on launch, if you were unlucky. The game's polished to an obnoxious sheen by now with mods, friend. I prefer Morrowind because it wasn't a half-assed endevor, it actually feels like Bethesda gave a damn about that world, as compared to Cyrodill/Typical Medieval Setting and Skyrim/Typical Medieval "Oh fuck it's cold, but these white people AREN'T Norwegian" landscape.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: January 05, 2012, 04:14:55 pm »

*Ten minutes later*

Low framerate? Buggy as hell? Maybe on launch, if you were unlucky. The game's polished to an obnoxious sheen by now with mods, friend. I prefer Morrowind because it wasn't a half-assed endevor, it actually feels like Bethesda gave a damn about that world, as compared to Cyrodill/Typical Medieval Setting and Skyrim/Typical Medieval "Oh fuck it's cold, but these white people AREN'T Norwegian" landscape.
Insult Cyrodil all you want, but Skyrim is actually a really nice environment as a whole. I've spent a lot of time sight seeing in Skyrim like I did with Morrowind, it doesn't need to be super outlandish to be good, and Skyrim's type of environment isn't actually typical at all, even if the badass viking territory is well-trodden by games.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 896