Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550031 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4455 on: January 13, 2012, 09:57:50 pm »

It would be a bad thing, but the world like it is now wouldn't really be missed in my opinion, sure it has some nice vistas and some good people but most of it is covered is so much crap you have to wonder if it's worth wading trough it all just to get to that little gem at the bottom.
What's to say the next world will be better? And if it was better, what's to say it would be worth the time to rebuild? And what's to say that the crap will be removed along with the gems?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: January 13, 2012, 10:15:31 pm »

It would be a bad thing, but the world like it is now wouldn't really be missed in my opinion, sure it has some nice vistas and some good people but most of it is covered is so much crap you have to wonder if it's worth wading trough it all just to get to that little gem at the bottom.
What's to say the next world will be better? And if it was better, what's to say it would be worth the time to rebuild? And what's to say that the crap will be removed along with the gems?

Speaking of kalpas, Peryite may be big in the next kalpa, as stated in some sort of thing that I have not found.

Speaking of Peryite, rant that I typed up for no reason:

Actually, it seems he's recently had a jump in power. Remember Shivering Isles, where Jyggalag was feared because he was so incredibly powerful compared to all the other Daedric princes? He was the daedric prince of order. Peryite, in Oblivion, Morrowind etc. is described as the daedric lord of ordering the lowest orders of Oblivion and maybe pestilence.

In this game, he's described on a loading screen, in no unsure terms, that he is the daedric prince of (something which I forgot), pestilence, and order.

That means he went from least powerful daedric prince to most powerful.

What gives???

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: January 13, 2012, 10:44:01 pm »

Actually it says he's considered to be one of the weakest princes IIRC.

And yeah, played a bit more, battled him for the first time, certain things make more sense now, also screw Mora, I want to get inside that box but hunting down elves will be too bothersome X(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4458 on: January 14, 2012, 12:49:05 am »

Just carry it around. Sooner or later you catch em' all.

I was hoping to find a shrine to Jyggalag, but I never saw one. Maybe I missed it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: January 14, 2012, 01:04:33 am »

Just carry it around. Sooner or later you catch em' all.

I was hoping to find a shrine to Jyggalag, but I never saw one. Maybe I missed it.

That's why my post about Peryite is there--Jyggalag isn't in the game!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: January 14, 2012, 01:26:48 am »

Speaking of kalpas, Peryite may be big in the next kalpa, as stated in some sort of thing that I have not found.

Speaking of Peryite, rant that I typed up for no reason:

Actually, it seems he's recently had a jump in power. Remember Shivering Isles, where Jyggalag was feared because he was so incredibly powerful compared to all the other Daedric princes? He was the daedric prince of order. Peryite, in Oblivion, Morrowind etc. is described as the daedric lord of ordering the lowest orders of Oblivion and maybe pestilence.

In this game, he's described on a loading screen, in no unsure terms, that he is the daedric prince of (something which I forgot), pestilence, and order.

That means he went from least powerful daedric prince to most powerful.

What gives???

The rumour/fact originated from the Lore forums on the Bethesda site. A dev opened a thread called Boethiah's Summoning Day. Its cryptic, but there is a mention of Peryite being promoted. See how Akatosh and Peryite both take the form of dragons? *hint* hint*
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: January 15, 2012, 12:23:01 am »

Arrgh, the extreme glitchiness of the 'Purity' quest is really getting on my nerves. At least constantly killing and resurrecting Vilkas is providing some small amusement as I try to fix it.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: January 15, 2012, 03:45:43 am »

I keep being tormented by the politics. 

It is the return of the Morrowind dilemma all over again--these people believe in me, but what if I am just an Imperial plant?  Am I destined to save the world, or just helping the Blades manipulate popular sentiment to undermine the Tribunal and corrupt my people's beliefs in favor of the white-man's false gods (I played only Dunmer). I would end up running Temple, a noble house and Morag Tong, but never far in the main quest line--I actually took up Dagoth Ur's suggestion to come visit and chat--I was unpleasantly surprised, and felt he jumped the gun--I was entirely willing to negotiate on the whole "kill the empire bit"

This is why I hated Oblivion incidentally--why would my dunmer/khajiiti/redguard rogues give a damn about the Emperor?  Why would I want to restore my oppressors to their throne? The whole "devils will eat the earth if some pasty Imperial isn't living rich off my ancestral lands" story line never rung true to me.

Which brings me to Skyrim.  First I saw the imperial torture chambers, and heard the cries of the proud Nords and thought "Stormcloaks, here I come".  Then I got the sense that they weren't too keen on my khajiiti bretheren, nor treated Dunmer refugees with the respect they deserve.

Then came the Blades quest, infiltrating the embassy.  I got the dossier on Ulfric. 

So basically--go with the noblest feelings and aspirations of the freedom-loving Nord people dooming them to Altmer slavery a generation down the line.

Or.

Go with the Imperial bastards, and sustain their tolerant Pax Romana.

Betray all that is just and side with the lesser evil, for the greater good, or go with your gut and fight for freedom, to place an Altmer plant on the throne and doom the empire to effective enslavement by the most uppity of the mer folk.

Fucking politics.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:47:20 am by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: January 15, 2012, 05:12:13 am »

If it helps, the "proud history" of the Nords is just mostly made up bullshit and propaganda anyway.

The Im

The Empire is the least of two evils. If you want what's best for the Nords, or really any people of Tamriel, go with them. I mean, at least their ultimate goal isn't the complete (literal) undoing of the world.
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: January 15, 2012, 05:14:47 am »

Well, the Nords do love their Shor, who happens to be the main enemy of the Thalmor.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: January 15, 2012, 05:16:35 am »

I just decided to hell with the story and retired to a small village to chop wood and make potions. Let the legions of unkillable supersoldiers save the world, I'm going back to my ale.
*Hugs*

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: January 15, 2012, 05:30:40 am »

I just decided to hell with the story and retired to a small village to chop wood and make potions. Let the legions of unkillable supersoldiers save the world, I'm going back to my ale.

Once I got bored with the Stormcloak storyline and just went and lived in Falkwreath, hunting. That region is really relaxing.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: January 15, 2012, 05:33:53 am »

Yeah, I think I've had far more fun in Skyrim ignoring the storyline and doing my own thing.
*Hugs*

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: January 15, 2012, 05:54:04 am »

Well crap, I never bothered to read the reports I got from the embassy, good thing I left the bastards to their own devices and only mediated in the peace talks because I had to.

I also finished the main quest, very underwhelming and short in my opinion, it could have easily lasted a few hours longer, or not ended that abruptly, it just felt empty somehow. You save the damn world, some dragons yell at you and everything is the same as it was. Given I kind of rushed the main quest in the last half of it because I was interested in what would happen, and nothing much happened sadly.

In fact I was so annoyed by this that I slaughtered anyone I could in Whiterun :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: January 15, 2012, 06:04:42 am »

Yeah, the main story line is short as hell. And the final boss, from what I remember, was very easy to defeat. I don't remember any epic battle to the death, just a few swings from my deathsword and he was dead. It was really disappointing, I had wished he was tougher.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 896