Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558518 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4725 on: January 26, 2012, 05:27:39 pm »

Yeah. There's about 3 threads down in LA where we talked a lot about hardware recently. Might want to check in there.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: January 26, 2012, 05:48:38 pm »

My current rig which was made four years ago for around $400 runs Skyrim just fine. Don't worry about it too much and look around for sales, they can get pretty ridiculous on Newegg.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4727 on: January 26, 2012, 06:06:04 pm »

If it can run on a $200 XBox...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: January 26, 2012, 06:15:37 pm »

I would've gotten it on PC but my PC is weak and I am not rich.
I have it on my PC and my PC isn't that expensive. When I tell people the specs of my Computer they look at me and go... HOW YOU STILL START UP!?!?!?! Then I go onto Battlefield3 to American Servers and have nearly 300ping and get a KDR of something like 1:1.4 on the best of days. And People look at me going... HOW YOU DO THIS SHIT!?!?!?!?!? Then I go and do some Skyrim and run it on the highest graphics I can (Vanilla Wise, haven't even started refining it with Mods) and enjoy it in all its grandeur and I hold my head high and say, "Its cause I am Aussie..."

You realize BF3 has quite a large aussie community where you can play with <50 ping on any day and one of the reasons you do well is you are basically teleporting all over the place to everyone else playing?

Oh and yeah, skyrim will run on most machines, its made to be low end, the game its self is something like 5 gig, which by memory is smaller than oblivion.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: January 26, 2012, 06:34:02 pm »

It isn't like the dawn of a new era in video game graphics. Textures are very low-res. If you don't have any problems running Oblivion you should be fine, if you don't want ultra settings.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: January 26, 2012, 07:03:53 pm »

Yeah, pretty much all of the graphics improvements compared to Oblivion are the animations (GIGANTIC improvement) and NPC models (also huge)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: January 26, 2012, 07:22:18 pm »

Textures also appear to be quite better in my opinion.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: January 26, 2012, 07:28:19 pm »

Textures also appear to be quite better in my opinion.
They look good from far but when you close in, it just seems weird. Especially shadows.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: January 26, 2012, 08:56:18 pm »

The CK better dispense pizza subs and massage my eyeballs with pure awesome. Because if it doesn't...

PokemonRocks85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: January 27, 2012, 07:32:26 am »

I like morrowind it seems so much better with no limits old games are better then the new game for some reason.Get morrowind with alot of mods it will be awesome.  :D

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: January 27, 2012, 08:43:20 am »

Morrowind is a good game, dont get me wrong, but its age shows, even with a plethora of mods.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: January 27, 2012, 10:57:59 am »

Morrowind is a good game, dont get me wrong, but its age shows, even with a plethora of mods.

Personally it only adds value for me, I know though that some people care for graphics, there are those who can ignore that part though.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: January 27, 2012, 11:06:36 am »

The combat in Skyrim is too easy. I actually really like what they've done with some parts of the game, it's quite immersive and pretty and the map is big and detailed. Most quests are of good quality too, but my problem is that the story of the quests themselves engages me far more than the combat, instead of the combat being at least almost equally as good. Boss fights should also be more unique and challenging than the weak-as-tissue-paper dragons.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: January 27, 2012, 11:32:25 am »

The combat in Skyrim is too easy. I actually really like what they've done with some parts of the game, it's quite immersive and pretty and the map is big and detailed. Most quests are of good quality too, but my problem is that the story of the quests themselves engages me far more than the combat, instead of the combat being at least almost equally as good. Boss fights should also be more unique and challenging than the weak-as-tissue-paper dragons.

Get Unlevelled Skyrim.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: January 27, 2012, 01:12:15 pm »

Get Unlevelled Skyrim.

I second that. The word easy won't even be in your vocabulary. I LOVE that mod.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 896