Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550239 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Discussion on TES V: Skyrim
« Reply #4965 on: February 08, 2012, 02:07:30 pm »

What's Wars in Skyrim do?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4966 on: February 08, 2012, 02:36:53 pm »

I'll admit to using TGM to move piles of items to a new house, instead of making a bajillion trips.

Also, player.setscale 10 for fun before reverting to an earlier save.

And I noticed Skyrim on a Steam 'midweek madness' sale this morning, for like $39.99. Unless I imagined it; wasn't paying close attention.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 02:38:45 pm by kaenneth »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: February 08, 2012, 02:53:46 pm »

What's Wars in Skyrim do?
It increases the spawn rate of monsters and people, with a bunch of different levels ranging from a slight increase to a massive increase. He recently added is going to add a ton of features, too.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6176
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 03:18:48 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: February 08, 2012, 02:58:07 pm »

Ooh, that reminds me.

Y'know that quest where you rescue What's-his-face Greymane from the elf-nazi's, and he says he's going to join the Stormcloaks? What happens if you've won the Civil War for the Empire at that point? Does his dialogue change?
Everybody!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4969 on: February 08, 2012, 04:36:15 pm »

Right, just finally picked up skyrim now that the CK is out and it is on sale. While I'm downloading it, are there any must-have mods out yet? Particularly if skyrim suffers from the same problem as oblivion of every random bandit running around in daedric armour or never seeing the weaker creatures again when you get to mid/high levels, I'd like one that would fix it.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #4970 on: February 08, 2012, 05:32:25 pm »

The same problem as oblivion of every random bandit running around in daedric armour or never seeing the weaker creatures again when you get to mid/high levels, I'd like one that would fix it.

Skyrim's is a lot tamer than that. You simply encounter more and more higher level bandits amongst the weaker bandits. They never get any "WTF why don't they sell this 60000g sword of uber awesome and just live like a king?" gear. Personally I'd rather they just do away with the level scaling almost completely, but that's because it doesn't go well with non-combat skills and you can easily get outclassed by enemies as punishment for selling too much loot and therefore levelling up your speech skill -_-
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 05:34:11 pm by MorleyDev »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4971 on: February 08, 2012, 05:35:52 pm »

The same problem as oblivion of every random bandit running around in daedric armour or never seeing the weaker creatures again when you get to mid/high levels, I'd like one that would fix it.

Skyrim's is a lot tamer than that. You simply encounter more and more higher level bandits amongst the weaker bandits. They never get any "WTF why don't they sell this 60000g sword of uber awesome and just live like a king?" gear. Personally I'd rather they just do away with the level scaling almost completely, but that's because it doesn't go well with non-combat skills and you can easily get outclassed by enemies as punishment for selling too much loot and therefore levelling up your speech skill -_-
Yeah, the most I ever saw even in my high level games was a bandit in full steel plate with a glass sword, and that was the leader. Instead of 'levelling' by gear they level by increasing the stats of the bandits and the ratio of strong/weak bandits. You'll still have several bandits which die easily but a few will be made of sterner stuff.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: February 08, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »

Yeah, I think the only time I've used any spells at all was for lighting stuff on fire.

That Thieves Guild quest? You can use a torch or wait until you find Fire Breath (line up properly, shout once and then jump into the lake to escape).

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: February 08, 2012, 08:05:17 pm »

I used the fire spell I started with.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: February 08, 2012, 08:59:55 pm »

You can actually light them by just getting close. They just sorta spontaneously combust.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: February 09, 2012, 01:17:36 am »

Yeah, the most I ever saw even in my high level games was a bandit in full steel plate with a glass sword, and that was the leader. Instead of 'levelling' by gear they level by increasing the stats of the bandits and the ratio of strong/weak bandits. You'll still have several bandits which die easily but a few will be made of sterner stuff.

I actually think that's worse than having them acquire better gear, because it doesn't really make any sense for one guy to die in one hit and another guy, who is completely identical in his physical build and wears stuff that appears to be the same, to take five or ten hits. It's especially a problem for a stealth character. You can't tell a Bandit from a Bandit Marauder just by looking at them, so any attempt to sneak attack with ranged weapons is a gamble. If I shoot that guy over there, will he die instantly or am I just going to alert him and his five buddies to my presence? You just have no way of knowing.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: February 09, 2012, 03:02:17 am »

So did anyone else catch Todd's speech at DICE?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: spoiler'd due to length.  Also, if nothing else I'd recommend watching the mod montage at 21:00, as it justifies every quote about steering clear of mudcrabs.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 03:09:49 am by Microcline »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: February 09, 2012, 04:29:02 am »

edit: spoiler'd due to length.  Also, if nothing else I'd recommend watching the mod montage at 21:00, as it justifies every quote about steering clear of mudcrabs.

Quite accurate.

And thinking of what they released and comparing it to that montage... Makes me wonder what kind of monkeys they employed all the other weeks under development.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:36:36 am by Ivefan »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: February 09, 2012, 05:13:25 am »

Well said.

Player must have the feeling of accomplishment when the character levels up. It's Gaming Psychology 101. I try to pick locks very carefully but not for conserving lockpicks, I have hundreds of them already. I just don't want to level my lockpicking skill up. Yes, in Morrowind you had to micromanage your skill level ups for maximizing attribute bonus but it didn't really matter because of how level scaling was implemented in Morrowind. It's just something power gamers did.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: February 09, 2012, 05:54:32 am »

Gah wish there was a way to pick up a book without reading it. Don't want to get the skillpoint just yet and for some that I don't even want to level (Self challenge mode)...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 896