Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558561 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5415 on: February 27, 2012, 10:45:51 pm »

I've been using a few mods, but nothing super game-changing has come out from what I've seen. The stuff in the Workshop is pretty clean, though, so that's nice.

And as said before keep a few light sources to make the dungeons interesting, choices between using your own light sources or utilizing whatever crummy sources are available and being able to use the left hand.

I still think it's hilarious that I walk into a crypt no one has used in years and there's roughly 40,000 candles lighting the room.

It's almost like the Druegr were expecting me!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: February 27, 2012, 10:54:31 pm »

Part of me thinks Skyrim Nexus needs to send all the adult content over to its own webspace. Not because I'm a prude about sexual content or anything, but it does make it impossible for any actual mods to show on their Top Mod list because it's so choked up with nudity, thong and slut armor re-textures. I was browsing SN daily to see what was showing up, but after a while it became too much of a chore.
When you search the top lists there is an option at the top to set filters for that kind of thing. Top newest mods not including adult mods, only top adult mods, etc. And you need an account to see them anyway, where you can change settings to not see them I think. The Nexus was a pretty good place, very good quality in how it handled itself.

And I'm not too miffed about there being light sources in a tomb so much as the light objects not being anywhere close to the items emitting the light. There are some situations where that works but for the most part you can keep those things over the light sources.

And bombzero, you don't gotta defend yourself bro. Some people have their hobbies and make what they want. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Just gotta keep to the things you want to see. As stated above, it's not that hard to keep to whatever mods one would want.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: February 27, 2012, 11:31:57 pm »

What face mod is Fred using? I looked through Nexus pretty thoroughly and couldn't seem to find it. There is quite a lot, but the one he is using looks great.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: February 27, 2012, 11:37:26 pm »

-deleted-
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:54:32 am by fred1248 »
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: February 28, 2012, 12:07:39 am »

And bombzero, you don't gotta defend yourself bro. Some people have their hobbies and make what they want. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Just gotta keep to the things you want to see. As stated above, it's not that hard to keep to whatever mods one would want.

meh, just pointing something out that i observed.

anyways another interesting point, there is a complete difference between graphical overhaul mods, and graphical refinement mods (i.e. the face improvement.)

one changes something small, but highly noticeable, the other changes everything big, but many of those things often go unnoticed.

just a neat observation.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: February 28, 2012, 12:09:18 am »

Thanks Fred. :) I got all the files. If they get deleted, it will be nice to have them.

As for the arrows...I haven't seen enough coin purses, that I think it will bother me that much. It will probably startle me a few times, though. :P
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:15:13 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: February 28, 2012, 01:47:03 am »

Fred, I do hope you're aware that you're breaking a rule of the forum. :-\
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: February 28, 2012, 01:54:12 am »

Fred, I do hope you're aware that you're breaking a rule of the forum. :-\

Yeah... I thought so. deleting my old post  ::)
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: February 28, 2012, 04:13:59 am »

Gonna have to check around for drug mods sometime. Modding skooma away from its current effect (singular), which I refuse to consider as anything but a placeholder, and into something that properly fucks you up is one of those little things I consider important enough to do myself, but it'd be interesting to see what other people who have been bothered by this have come up with.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: February 28, 2012, 07:57:11 am »

Gonna have to check around for drug mods sometime. Modding skooma away from its current effect (singular), which I refuse to consider as anything but a placeholder, and into something that properly fucks you up is one of those little things I consider important enough to do myself, but it'd be interesting to see what other people who have been bothered by this have come up with.

Yeah... when I played my first Khajiit I buy up all the moon sugar I can find, and eat them regularly... :/ I want my Elder Scrolls catnip high.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: February 28, 2012, 10:17:14 am »

There were a bunch of Skooma-messes-you-up mods on the Workshop.

Speaking of the workshop, stop adding mods to make the wives of my characters Imperials, Bretons and Nords. I can sorta understand changing the orc, but what problem did you have with the Redguard?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: February 28, 2012, 10:20:07 am »

...What?
Love, scriver~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: February 28, 2012, 11:15:39 pm »

There were a bunch of Skooma-messes-you-up mods on the Workshop.

Speaking of the workshop, stop adding mods to make the wives of my characters Imperials, Bretons and Nords. I can sorta understand changing the orc, but what problem did you have with the Redguard?
This reminds me to be offended at the lack of Argonian spouses. I don't even know if Argonian-Nord couples can have children, damn it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: February 28, 2012, 11:50:51 pm »

Yay Sneaky Patches........ T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: February 29, 2012, 12:02:03 am »

My guess is the beta patch that went into testing 1 week ago? According to the news, said beta patch removes the 50-mod limit. So the patch is actually really important!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 896