Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550224 times)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5655 on: March 23, 2012, 08:41:49 pm »

Until the end of course when the prosecutor went "I DEMAND TRIAL BY COMBAT" and none of it mattered.
Yeah, I really hated that moment.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: March 24, 2012, 03:10:31 pm »

It would be fun to see how they justify why Khajiit suddenly went from over a dozen different breeds to just one, though. Maybe Talos thought they were too many?

Even sillier is the justification "all Khajiit in <province x> are of <breed y>", despite the canon that "breed" is not dependant on genes at all, but phases of the moons.

So, no matter where they're born, they should pretty much be all the breeds, unless each provinces for some reason Khajiit are only born under certain moon.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5657 on: March 24, 2012, 03:24:42 pm »

If one particular cycle were preferable over another, then it would make sense for couples to plan their children's births around particular cycles. It's not unheard of for couples to do the same thing during the Year of the Dragon in China, since the dragon is thought to be the 'best' year to be born under.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: March 24, 2012, 06:19:42 pm »

Anyone else find the lock picking mini game far too easy? I can still do master locks with no skill in lock picking and with only using 3-10 lock picks  :-\

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: March 24, 2012, 06:58:39 pm »

Anyone else find the lock picking mini game far too easy? I can still do master locks with no skill in lock picking and with only using 3-10 lock picks  :-\

Me too. I think Oblivion's was better. You actually had to have a high skill if you didn't want to waste 30-60 lockpicks for master locks.

They had to make it easier because people were complaining.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: March 24, 2012, 06:59:39 pm »

Oblivion's lockpicking was easy as piss, you can do it with your eyes closed.
*Hugs*

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #5661 on: March 24, 2012, 07:00:24 pm »

Welcome to every action rpg in the last...well it's been a few years at least. I miss stat and chance based hacking/lock-picking...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: March 24, 2012, 07:05:48 pm »

I disagree. One mistake and you lose your lockpick and possibly have to start all over again. And there's little room to make mistakes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: March 24, 2012, 07:09:14 pm »

With a lockpick skill lower than 25 you pretty much sucked at all locks higher than third tier.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: March 24, 2012, 07:09:48 pm »

I miss stat and chance based hacking/lock-picking...
Wait what what no, what

The lockpicking minigame is one of the best improvements of Skyrim. There was an ingame ability to make it easier, but it relied majorly on the skill of the player to complete the minigame(And how many picks they can horde, but if you spend 20 on every master-level lock you won't have that much for long). You have three different avenues for completing it depending on the player and how prepared they are.

Granted minigames can suck like the Oblivion speechcraft one, but this one felt better than the Oblivion one so I'm totally cool with it and don't understand the mods for changing it to the Morrowind system.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: March 24, 2012, 07:16:27 pm »

Hmmm...

Is player's ability is more important in a RPG or the character's ability?

Security skill used to matter you know.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:18:32 pm by Leatra »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: March 24, 2012, 07:20:27 pm »

If one particular cycle were preferable over another, then it would make sense for couples to plan their children's births around particular cycles. It's not unheard of for couples to do the same thing during the Year of the Dragon in China, since the dragon is thought to be the 'best' year to be born under.
I'm not sure how many Khajiit would be that restrained and foresighted.

I'm not that good and I use enchanted +lockpicking items, but yeah.

I can't fathom why click and let the RNG figure it out would be an improvement for some people, though.

Hmmm...

Is player's ability is more important in a RPG or the character's ability?
Well, you're not likely to get proper immersion without both.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: March 24, 2012, 07:32:57 pm »

Is it immersive to be able to pick every lock while playing as a barbarian who knows nothing about thieving? If you want to have a RP experience with Skyrim, you have to play the game with self-imposed rules.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: March 24, 2012, 07:34:22 pm »

Oh noes, the game makes me use my brain and not rely on it for every single bit of prompting and hand holding.
*Hugs*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: March 24, 2012, 07:35:51 pm »

Is it immersive to be able to pick every lock while playing as a barbarian who knows nothing about thieving? If you want to have a RP experience with Skyrim, you have to play the game with self-imposed rules.
Strictly speaking, I think this may be the definition of RP.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 896