Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550026 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #5835 on: April 01, 2012, 07:49:55 pm »

Oi. After much grawling and messing around with ENB-series mods, I seem to have completely screwed my game. This is what my game looks like (absolutely everywhere) with every mod/enbshader "uninstalled" and my .ini files fresh and clean. Time for a reinstall, unless someone knows my problem:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I keep looking through my Skyrim directory, but it all looks like vanilla skyrim files. I don't understand why :(

Edit: Shit, the reinstall didn't fix it. Don't fail me video card D:

I'm pretty sure there were issues with a driver update or something, I had those errors too awhile ago. Rolling back my driver cleared that up.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: April 01, 2012, 10:08:46 pm »

The latest drivers fixed that. Don't roll back, roll forward!
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: April 01, 2012, 10:56:08 pm »

But... but... unless there was a driver update in the last 3 or 4 days, that was the latest drivers!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: April 02, 2012, 12:16:33 am »

If there was a noticeable bug like that in your version, then there may very well have been an update since you last got it, even in only three or four days. Of course, this is all assuming that you're all talking about the same drivers.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: April 02, 2012, 12:32:11 am »

Yup, 'cause I had exactly the same issue. The version number didn't change, AFAIK, but it has been fixed.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: April 02, 2012, 12:36:53 am »

Moogie, I'll update, but just to make sure; do you have AMD Radeon?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: April 02, 2012, 07:05:43 am »

Ok peoples. I decided to dive again in world of Skyrim and are asking for
good mods to run with. Basicly im looking something that makes it harder.
I stopped playing it before cos even in hardest setting and without skills it was too easy.
Lets get cooking!

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: April 02, 2012, 07:16:04 am »

I just checked through the mods. They all seem pretty irrelevant to the problems of Skyrim. Wars in Skyrim actually seems like an interesting mod.

But their are no mods that deal with the level scaling. There are no mods that deal with the deadness of the world (if I become the head of the Mage's Guild, it should have some ramification on my interactions with the world). That's the advantage of a single-player game rather than a mmorpg. But Skyrim seems to take the mmorpg approach to quests. Do the quest and it doesn't change anything.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: April 02, 2012, 07:35:27 am »

I just checked through the mods. They all seem pretty irrelevant to the problems of Skyrim. Wars in Skyrim actually seems like an interesting mod.

But their are no mods that deal with the level scaling. There are no mods that deal with the deadness of the world (if I become the head of the Mage's Guild, it should have some ramification on my interactions with the world). That's the advantage of a single-player game rather than a mmorpg. But Skyrim seems to take the mmorpg approach to quests. Do the quest and it doesn't change anything.

Lolwut? There's quite a few level scale mods, including ones that completely unlevel -everything- from quest rewards, to creature spawns, to random loot. There's mods to scale the world at higher and lower rates, mods to change your speed of leveling, mods to disable crafting skills contributing to your level...

And what do you mean, "They all seem pretty irrelevant to the problems of Skyrim"? Not trying to pick a fight with you or anything, I just don't quite understand what you mean by that. There are bugfixes, balancers, realism enhancers... I myself recently uploaded a mod that stops NPCs drawing from an unlimited supply of arrows. Did you know they do that? As long as 1 single arrow is in their inventory, they have an infinite quantity of that arrow to shoot at you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5844 on: April 02, 2012, 09:17:00 am »

You clearly didn't look very hard. Some of the most popular mods deal with those issues.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: April 02, 2012, 09:23:54 am »

And what exactly do you expect the "ramification of being the mage college leader" to be? A new dialogue choice for every NPC that won't be voiced? Somebody finding every relevant NPC in the game and adding a little quip of extra dialogue before continuing on their quest normally? I'm not really seeing what you expect from the game here other than quests clarifying that it's a ceremonial position, or not giving you that position at all.

There's a mod for that actually.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5846 on: April 02, 2012, 09:32:53 am »

And what exactly do you expect the "ramification of being the mage college leader" to be? A new dialogue choice for every NPC that won't be voiced? Somebody finding every relevant NPC in the game and adding a little quip of extra dialogue before continuing on their quest normally? I'm not really seeing what you expect from the game here other than quests clarifying that it's a ceremonial position, or not giving you that position at all.

There's a mod for that actually.
Well for one, I'd quite like to be able to actually run the college. Direct some research, maybe see some results, some extra quests... you know like you could continue doing stuff as the leader of the assassin's guild in Oblivion?

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #5847 on: April 02, 2012, 09:33:21 am »

has anyone tried out the realism mods, like the one that involved hypothermia and eating and sleeping? Forgot the name but I think there is an all-inclusive realism mod out there, read it a few weeks ago.

Anyone tried it? Does it add fun and challenge or just a tedious chore. Not sure how that would play out.
I got nothing

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: April 02, 2012, 09:54:03 am »

has anyone tried out the realism mods, like the one that involved hypothermia and eating and sleeping? Forgot the name but I think there is an all-inclusive realism mod out there, read it a few weeks ago.

Anyone tried it? Does it add fun and challenge or just a tedious chore. Not sure how that would play out.

I'm currently playing with the following: Imps More Complex Needs(hunger, thirst, sleep deprivation, food poisoning) and Frostfall(hypothermia). To me it's not at all tedious and adds a lot of immersion. There is so much food in the game that you run at little to no risk of running out. Occasionally I would eat raw meat and get sick because of it. Hypothermia is more dangerous. You have to be careful for example if you get wet in a cold biome you can freeze to death and the malus from being cold makes combat difficult.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: April 02, 2012, 09:56:41 am »

So, I've grabbed 44 mods. Hurr.

Non-levelled superDragons, graphics & sound updates, realism (hunger, thirst, sleep, hypothermia), wandering parties of adventures and bandits, more creatures, better hunting rewards, war battles between the two factions, and some other bits and bobs. :3.

This might be worth playing again after all.

When I first grabbed Skyrim, I wanted to just live on my own and wander about. Once somebody gets a building system in, I think it's safe to say, we can now happily live free in this little world.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:02:11 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 896