Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550012 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6075 on: May 13, 2012, 10:55:45 pm »

I'd really like to see another MMO the style of Planetside
You mean like this one?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: May 13, 2012, 11:24:09 pm »

I'd really like to see another MMO the style of Planetside
You mean like this one?
That's really awesome. Although I also do wish it wasn't under Sony. :P But as of now I'm looking forward to it. Well, it and Dark Millennium Online, but I have no idea of how that one will end.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6077 on: May 14, 2012, 12:36:33 am »

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_online/b/pc/archive/2012/05/11/what-elder-scrolls-online-offers-skyrim-fans-mmo-players.aspx
Man, Game Informer is trying pretty hard to shill a game no one wants.  It's somewhat telling when every other sentence is "It's totally not a WoW clone guys".  If you cut the words "Elder Scrolls" out of the Sage interview, you would think he's talking about WoW.  It's also funny that the games they compare it to are Skyrim (boils down to "it will share some lore" despite Zenimax Online having little contact with Bethesda and having turned down M.K.), WoW (has the largest comparison block), and two failed WoW-clones.

It feels much worse than that.

It's like someone posted a game idea on the Internet, saying, "It's basically X game, Y game, and Z game all put together, but better than all of them put together!". Hardly two days pass before some green-eyed executive reads it, sees the big-name titles under the flag of a big-name title, and barks the command for the weary game-making slaves to build a golden pyramid that will be his personal money printing machine. Somewhere between setting the first stone and opening to the public, the golden pyramid will be pilfered and defaced in short order, abandoned and forgotten. It shall stand as little but a jagged reminder that games are much more than taking the best of everyone else's ideas, and throwing your own in there. And people will look at the dusty, sad ruin, scratch their chins, and say, "Dude, that gives me a great game idea! I'm going to go write this down real quick on the Internet."

Hardly two days pass before some green-eyed executive reads it...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: May 14, 2012, 06:36:15 am »

all i want is a few DLCs to other regions, like hammerfell

no fancy MMO! thing is alot of people get bored of those things i rember when i liked runescape i got tired of it easily.

so bethesda please, stick to single player or two-player co-op cause that would be cool!
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: May 14, 2012, 08:10:15 am »

*Sigh*. It would be nice if they make it like RDR's multiplayer. That was fun. But this just looks like WoW 2.0.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #6080 on: May 14, 2012, 09:13:06 am »

I'd rather see a small region. Size-wise Hammerfell is on par with Skyrim and it'd be years before we saw it. Now, if they were to invite us back to Solstheim again... :D

As for an MMO: Crash and Burn. It is going to Crash and Burn. A "Wow" killer is impossible because most Wow-players are stuck in an investors fallacy. They've put so much time into it, they have to put even more in to justify it to themselves. Plus hot key gameplay only really existed because it was limited by the technology when it was first created. We finally have technology to such a level that we can make MMOs that can actually involve things like manual targeted attacks and dodging, and that's what you have to do to compete in the MMO market.

TOR should be the last 'big' hot key wow-style MMO.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:22:29 am by MorleyDev »

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: May 14, 2012, 03:27:57 pm »

I'd rather see a small region. Size-wise Hammerfell is on par with Skyrim and it'd be years before we saw it. Now, if they were to invite us back to Solstheim again... :D

like the orc homeland? or the kajit homeland?
---
siggy!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: May 14, 2012, 06:54:57 pm »

all i want is a few DLCs to other regions, like hammerfell

no fancy MMO! thing is alot of people get bored of those things i rember when i liked runescape i got tired of it easily.

so bethesda please, stick to single player or two-player co-op cause that would be cool!

Bethesda isn't making TES:O

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: May 14, 2012, 07:32:30 pm »

any other game, like say fallout or a new series would be fine

again i would like to see a two player co-op from bethesda

o and did anyone else play dagger fell? or arena?
---
siggy!

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: May 14, 2012, 08:04:39 pm »

A Fallout WoW-clone would probably generate even more rage.

I played Daggerfall, but I haven't done so recently due to the hassle of getting it set up on my current rig.  I'd think that only a small minority has played Arena (of which a small fraction made it out of the starting dungeon) given that Bethesda's following was almost non-existent at the time and it doesn't have anything to draw new players to it.  Daggerfall still has the best character customization of the series (I really wish they would revisit the concept of point-buy), a large library of powerful spells (provided you know which ones don't crash the game), and a great atmosphere of a skilled agent operating in an environment of ambiguous feuding factions.  It's undeniably got a lot of crippling flaws, but it's got enough positives to retain a small following.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: May 14, 2012, 11:48:12 pm »

So, after some hitches and crashes, I've finally gotten a half decent mod list together (Minus Warzones; that seemed to crash my computer more than anything, and I can run Ultra High at 60+fps easy and the official High Res Texture Pack). So far I've had a bit more challenging game on Master difficulty, but also easier in some respects. Namely, I get killed extremely easily, but enemies can be too, in some cases.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I want to find a way to get the ACE archery plugin to work with Throwing Weapons - Death From Afar, and it'd be nice if I could figure out a few good spell mods like Midas Magic or Apocalypse, but my current character is a warrior/thief, with little to no magic to their name. So I'll worry about those at a later point.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: May 15, 2012, 12:12:22 am »

There is a fallout mmo Fonline 2238
And yes I've played Daggerfall and Arena
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: May 15, 2012, 12:25:22 am »

Bethesda/Zenimax doesn't actually own the right to make Fallout mmos, some other company does (sorry for not remembering which one). And yeah, last I heard those guys were developing one too.

A Fallout WoW-clone would probably generate even more rage.

Hey, at least it would be turn based ;)
Love, scriver~

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: May 15, 2012, 12:48:00 am »

Anyone know what happened to the "War In Skyrim" mod???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: May 15, 2012, 12:52:03 am »

Anyone know what happened to the "War In Skyrim" mod???

People complained about it, so the developer threw a tantrum, removed it from the internet and vowed to never develop it again.
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 896