Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558225 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6090 on: May 15, 2012, 01:02:06 am »

Anyone know what happened to the "War In Skyrim" mod???

People complained about it, so the developer threw a tantrum, removed it from the internet and vowed to never develop it again.
WAH!!!! IT WAS THE BEST MOD!!! What were the complaints about?!?!!?
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: May 15, 2012, 01:02:28 am »

Anyone know what happened to the "War In Skyrim" mod???

People complained about it, so the developer threw a tantrum, removed it from the internet and vowed to never develop it again.
What were the complaints? Still, every time I hear what happened the developer sounds more and more childish.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: May 15, 2012, 01:37:48 am »

any other game, like say fallout or a new series would be fine

Bethesda/Zenimax doesn't actually own the right to make Fallout mmos, some other company does (sorry for not remembering which one). And yeah, last I heard those guys were developing one too.

A Fallout WoW-clone would probably generate even more rage.

Hey, at least it would be turn based ;)

FOR GOD SAKE.... Interplay first had the right to produce it but something happent this link will tell you.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/04/23/bethesda-s-suit-against-interplay-continues.aspx

and now this....
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/09/bethesda-settles-lawsuit-over-fallout-license.aspx

Where the hell is the world going? Can i cry? Interplay was the last living company i had faith in even tho they were falling, i now regret the time where game company cared about player/gameplay instead of how much money they can milk from it....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: May 15, 2012, 02:21:46 am »

any other game, like say fallout or a new series would be fine

Bethesda/Zenimax doesn't actually own the right to make Fallout mmos, some other company does (sorry for not remembering which one). And yeah, last I heard those guys were developing one too.

A Fallout WoW-clone would probably generate even more rage.

Hey, at least it would be turn based ;)

FOR GOD SAKE.... Interplay first had the right to produce it but something happent this link will tell you.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/04/23/bethesda-s-suit-against-interplay-continues.aspx

and now this....
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/01/09/bethesda-settles-lawsuit-over-fallout-license.aspx

Where the hell is the world going? Can i cry? Interplay was the last living company i had faith in even tho they were falling, i now regret the time where game company cared about player/gameplay instead of how much money they can milk from it....
except interplay butcher the fallout franchise with Tactics, Brotherhood of Steel, and the people who made fallout don't even work there but this should be in the fallout thread
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: May 15, 2012, 04:33:12 pm »

God, working with the CK can be fustrating. I'm trying to make a patched version of a mod so to make sure it'll play nice with another mod (the Siege Bow mod and the ACE Archery component). The ACE longbow/shortbow relationship seems to revolve around the TraitPowerHungry and TraitGreedy keywords, so adding those to the relevant new ammo was the obvious course of action. It seemed to work fine... until I tried reloading the new plugin in the CK to make some adjustments, at which point it started complaining that the necessary keywords didn't exist, and sure enough, any reference to them has totally disappeared. Presumably this is because the game doesn't consider the ACE plugin to be a master of the SBC, even though the latter clearly contains elements of the former. The only way I can think of fixing it is by creating another copy of the original plugin and doing it all over again in one shot, or just not touching the plugin with the CS at all.

It'd be much easier for everyone involved if Bethsoft actually allowed people to make plugins parents of other plugins. Right now it seems to be that if you try to create a "patch" constituted of other mods you'll just end up duping everything you edit but lose everything you don't, and if you make an entirely new plugin you can't inherit elements from others, regardless of load order (because the CK apparently doesn't respect that and deletes the bad entries, even if you actually do have everything loaded).

It might be worth noting that this entire problem stems from the hex-ID system that was put in for Oblivion, which I expect is just as unpopular now as it was then. Morrowind did have engine problems when it came to ID resolving, but those bugs were totally fixable without turning "everything has a unique ID, if IDs conflict the one loaded later overwrites the earlier one" into "everything is tied to a mostly arbitary hex code that's also tied to your load order so it's different for every user and you can have different objects with the same ID in the object ID system which we kept anyway even though we replaced it".
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 04:44:13 pm by 3 »

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: May 15, 2012, 05:50:10 pm »

Siege Bow mod

*is intrigued*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What in the name of all that is holy is that!? :o
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:51:52 pm by Sordid »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: May 15, 2012, 05:54:00 pm »

Very silly, that's what.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: May 15, 2012, 05:55:15 pm »

O_O I want that thing
It's FEF, not FEOF

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6098 on: May 15, 2012, 06:40:36 pm »

Very silly, that's what.

It is a lampoon of a cartoon of a... erm... did I already do lampoon?

Anyway, if you're going to have giant spinning wheels of pointlessness slapped carelessly on the front of your incredibly impractical bow (I mean seriously, it looks like the arrow is supposed to fire straight through the scope thingy, like literally through the lenses), at least run the bowstring through them so it looks as if you've actually considered how a bow works.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: May 15, 2012, 07:56:10 pm »

It's a 500 lb. composite bow.

And don't get why it's even realistic, seeing how the arrow will only fly as far as you are strong enough to pull the string back, and those arrows look heavy.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: May 15, 2012, 09:52:06 pm »

Siege Bow mod

*is intrigued*

What in the name of all that is holy is that!? :o

Looks like this:

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: May 15, 2012, 11:06:13 pm »

That bow my friends is what we call, "NOT ENOUGH COGS!!!!"
Or, Steampunked...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6102 on: May 15, 2012, 11:11:30 pm »

Or, Steampunked...

Just glue some gears on it and call it steam punk.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: May 15, 2012, 11:15:39 pm »

Or, Steampunked...

Just glue some gears on it and call it steam punk.
Oh I say good sir, Well done indeed...

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: May 16, 2012, 12:01:22 pm »

They get increasingly more silly as they go along. It's a shame that the author decided to just stick more and more things onto the one model as opposed to making a different model for each bow. The basic one looks okay (while still being ridiculous, of course).
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 896