Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550151 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6120 on: May 18, 2012, 02:51:35 pm »

I was like, hey, maybe this could be a great game.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/05/03/elder-scrolls-online-will-be-released-for-mac-too/

Now I'm fairly certain it's going to be a disaster. : /

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6121 on: May 18, 2012, 05:43:26 pm »

They released an interview where they said that the quest line is going to be single player. It's literally the punchline in the jokes I've been making- every single player is going to save the world on his own time. Every single character you see is most likely going to be lead of the mages, thieves, fighters, cratemakers, and slaves guilds.

These people have no idea what Massively Multiplayer even means, do they?

I want to play a MMORPG which isn't relentlessly grindy, doesn't demand constant tithes, and which most importantly has a story that revolves around the one single unique feature of MMO games- the fact that there's hundreds or thousands of other players all interacting together.

Don't waste time and money hiring voice actors and writers who have the sole function of boxing in the player's actions. Hire talented engineers who can make a functional server-client system that is flexible and powerful enough to actually take the load when you do sell more than twenty copies.

The best thing that can happen to TES now is for this MMO to get quietly canceled and never spoken of again. Then, in five years or something, they can announce TES VI: Akivirii, or TES VI: The Imperial Province, This Time With Feeling.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: May 20, 2012, 07:05:25 pm »

They released an interview where they said that the quest line is going to be single player. It's literally the punchline in the jokes I've been making- every single player is going to save the world on his own time. Every single character you see is most likely going to be lead of the mages, thieves, fighters, cratemakers, and slaves guilds.

These people have no idea what Massively Multiplayer even means, do they?

I want to play a MMORPG which isn't relentlessly grindy, doesn't demand constant tithes, and which most importantly has a story that revolves around the one single unique feature of MMO games- the fact that there's hundreds or thousands of other players all interacting together.

Don't waste time and money hiring voice actors and writers who have the sole function of boxing in the player's actions. Hire talented engineers who can make a functional server-client system that is flexible and powerful enough to actually take the load when you do sell more than twenty copies.

The best thing that can happen to TES now is for this MMO to get quietly canceled and never spoken of again. Then, in five years or something, they can announce TES VI: Akivirii, or TES VI: The Imperial Province, This Time With Feeling.

Then you will get one of two games. An economy based MMORPG, or a MMORPG that needs to be reset every one in a while. And then will have the meta squeezed out of it.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: May 21, 2012, 09:14:37 am »

I just realized how much I was gimping myself by saving up my perk points instead of spending them on 2x one-handed damage... plus other things.

I went on a spending binge. 25+ perks in a single go at level 52. Also, I'm not going to do that infinite Fortify Alchemy - Fortify Enchanting / Smithing exploit.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: May 23, 2012, 06:27:22 pm »

im dreaming of "elder scrolls VI:hammerfell"

:)
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: May 23, 2012, 09:13:12 pm »

We've already had hammerfell! I think that Valenwood or Black Marsh would be more interesting, black marsh because it may actually bring that morrowind magic back and Valenwood because it's part of the aldmeri dominion at this point

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: May 23, 2012, 09:18:49 pm »

Akaviri would be really interesting as the next Elder Scrolls game but it 99% sure it won't happen.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: May 23, 2012, 09:27:27 pm »

The devs have said that the main series will never leave Tamriel, IIRC

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #6128 on: May 24, 2012, 12:45:06 am »

They also said they'd never be an ES MMO and yet...

jokerkv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: May 24, 2012, 05:30:34 am »

i love playing this game! but so time consuming. nevertheless is so good!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: May 24, 2012, 06:18:57 am »

We've already had hammerfell! I think that Valenwood or Black Marsh would be more interesting, black marsh because it may actually bring that morrowind magic back and Valenwood because it's part of the aldmeri dominion at this point

They said at one point that Valenwood had giant migratory trees. You think they're going to try and implement that?

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: May 24, 2012, 06:52:06 am »

fine a dlc for the tiny orc homeland
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: May 24, 2012, 07:52:09 am »

They said at one point that Valenwood had giant migratory trees. You think they're going to try and implement that?

The MMO sure as hell didn't bother.

Let's face it though, there's literally nowhere they can go without screwing with the lore. That's a loss before they even get started.
Love, scriver~

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: May 24, 2012, 08:33:01 am »

Stupid Chillrend buggy looping frosty sound...

Next playthrough I won't use that sword at all, or Elemental Fury which is apparently bugged as well.

Guess I'll just have to override the sounds with blank .WAVs or something.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: May 24, 2012, 09:01:25 am »

They also said they'd never be an ES MMO and yet...

More accurately, they said they would never develop an ES MMO.  And they aren't.

I was wondering if any of that kinky roman behavior would ever show up in the imperials.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 896