Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558644 times)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6435 on: June 29, 2012, 06:52:38 am »

Huh. So I finally got an answer from Steam support. Nothing they suggested helped in the slightest.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:56 am »

By default, arrows have auto targeting. Disabling it makes it much harder to aim, but more accurate if you're already good at sniping.

Oh, and I hate how arrows are so short-ranged.

Auto targeting is always set to hit the knees though.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6437 on: June 29, 2012, 07:30:55 am »

By default, arrows have auto targeting. Disabling it makes it much harder to aim, but more accurate if you're already good at sniping.

Oh, come on.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6438 on: June 29, 2012, 07:34:08 am »

Oh, come on.
From what I've seen, arrows tend to hit the arm I'm NOT holding a shield in.  >:(

Also, just started a new game with SkyRE and a few visual mods like hi-rez readable road signs. Holy crap its fun.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:56:50 am by forsaken1111 »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: June 29, 2012, 07:46:02 am »

Oh, come on.
From what I've seen, arrows tend to the arm I'm NOT holding a shield in.  >:(

Also, just started a new game with SkyRE and a few visual mods like hi-rez readable road signs. Holy crap its fun.
"I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6440 on: June 29, 2012, 07:50:48 am »

Oh, come on.
From what I've seen, arrows tend to the arm I'm NOT holding a shield in.  >:(

YES WE ALL KNOW WHERE THE MEME CAME FROM THANK YOU

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6441 on: June 29, 2012, 07:52:50 am »

That was kinda what surprised me, seemed like you missed the pun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6442 on: June 29, 2012, 07:56:10 am »

I didn't miss it, and it wasn't a pun. I chose to ignore the overused meme. THANKS. :)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: June 29, 2012, 09:24:50 am »

I didn't miss it, and it wasn't a pun. I chose to ignore the overused meme. THANKS. :)
Ah its not Overused... :P

Side note...

GET BYOG!!! ITS EPIC HANDY!!!...

Balance your own game, does exactly what it says on the tin, it gives you a Minor Power that opens a menu where you can change how quickly you level skills, how much damage certain things do and so forth. Its only in 25% intervals (would like to change that) so if you set Exp gain to -75% you won't leave Helgen Dungeon with tons of levels under your belt and it takes a while to level up for the rest of your game, making it a bit of a challenge considering that you don't FLY past certain levels of Weapon/Armour/Spells. Add that to Deleveled Skyrim, oh boy bring on the !!FUN!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #6444 on: June 29, 2012, 09:34:42 am »

finding SkyRe to be a challenge enough right now, that might change later. I got to lvl 3 by the end of Bleak Falls Barrow so I dont think thats leveling too fast. Im playing a heavy weapons, heavy weapons orc, my first run through the game as a melee based character. With the slow speed of my weapon and how much I have to watch stamina, I need to be really careful. I tend to carefully creep through the dungeon because if I barrel through I WILL die fast. Also health potions are in short supply now, and I finally actually NEED stamina potions and I am spending points in stamina when I level.

I am thinking about adding a bit more mods, maybe along the lines of realistic needs, sleep and food stuff maybe? Frsotbite and cold stuff? camping? Has anyone enjoyed these kinds of things or does it just add tedium?

Also, about fast travel, I think one of those realism mods still allows fast travel, but you have a chance of random encounters while traveling like in Dragon Age? Anyone tried that out?
I got nothing

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: June 29, 2012, 12:06:03 pm »

I either walked/ran everywhere or used carts through most of my (vanilla, 360) playthrough, until I was getting near the end and got tired of doing that - and then I started fast travelling just so it would be quicker. If you want random encounters, why aren't you running instead of fast travelling? You'll miss all the sights (and sites), too! :V

On a completely different note, I'm curious what everyone else thinks the most useful daedric artifacts are/were. For me, they were:
  • Spellbreaker (absolutely the most useful)
  • The Black Star (useful mainly for recharging items - I had no trouble acquiring enough grand and black souls for everything I was enchanting already anyways)
  • Wabbajack (just because "You have a level 10 follower? On the 360? Wabbajack can fix that." I used it to level up Aela around when I was at level 50 or 55 or so, above her level cap, I think.)
  • Dawnbreaker (just to troll draugr)
I tried the others (except the armors, and I didn't do the quest that gives the Ebony Mail) and ended up sticking them in a cupboard, because I had better stuff or they weren't useful to me. I carried around Mehrunes' Razor and tried it out for a while, but it never instakilled anyone for me, so I went back to using a weapon that didn't suck. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: June 29, 2012, 01:07:36 pm »

Spellbreaker and the Black Star are the only ones I use as well. I can acquire more powerful weapons and armor on my own.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: June 29, 2012, 01:13:54 pm »

[Snip]

See that look on his face? See that "Oh, I'm SO funny!" look on his face? See that, "It's an arrow... in the KNEE!" pose he's in?

...don't be that guy.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6449 on: June 29, 2012, 06:27:52 pm »

Except that's funny and people don't bring it up repeatedly as if just by bringing it up it'll somehow be funny.

Don't be that guy. It is to humor what worms are to an apple.

tl;dr it's not a very good joke
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:50:44 pm by Jackrabbit »
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 896