Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550110 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #6855 on: August 28, 2012, 04:14:30 pm »

I thought it was only 30 days exclusivity, not 3 months...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6856 on: August 28, 2012, 04:24:37 pm »

I thought it was only 30 days exclusivity, not 3 months...
They waited quite a bit beyond the 30 day window for the dawnguard DLC iirc

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: August 28, 2012, 04:34:55 pm »

Watch, modders will do it better.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6858 on: August 28, 2012, 05:03:31 pm »

Watch, modders will do it better.
Probably. There already is a buildable house DLC which is quite good.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: August 28, 2012, 06:39:43 pm »

But Dawnguard was around 30 days delayed for PC, so it doesn't completely invalidate my statement. Certainly doesn't indicate a whole 3 month delay for a $5 DLC, anyway.

True, modders have done a few good ones so far, but if this is what I think it is, it will be better. Instead of building a pre-determined house (even one that has choice branches to make a small combination of houses available), this will use actual modular construction. Something a little more akin to minecraft or certain aspects of the game we all know on this forum.

Unless you mean mods like the fort builder mod for New Vegas where you could copy statics and paste them wherever you want, but that kind of breaks immersion for me. If I wanted to do that, I could just open the CK and make my own house mod. Having an actual building interface with real costs is what I think we're going to see here.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6860 on: August 28, 2012, 07:32:24 pm »

Yeah. Seems that since New Vegas they have been putting out proper content for DLC (well, except the courier pack and other pre-order bonus content that became DLC much later :P). That is, is not merely a house/fortress, is a very highly customizable house with a whole load of mechanics and uses. I'm probably buying it when it comes to PC.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: August 28, 2012, 07:52:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The only thing I wonder is, do your kids grow up, or do they depend on you FOREVER!!! *lightning strikes ominously*

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: August 28, 2012, 08:19:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The only thing I wonder is, do your kids grow up, or do they depend on you FOREVER!!! *lightning strikes ominously*

Well, if they did, it would take a very long time. Such a long time that they would essentially depend on you FOREVER. *lightning strikes ominously*

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: August 28, 2012, 08:30:59 pm »

Well, if I can adopt every child in skyrim, then lock them in my house so that I never need to see them again, I can die happy.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: August 28, 2012, 10:22:28 pm »

Well, if I can adopt every child in skyrim, then lock them in my house so that I never need to see them again, I can die happy.
Still a better love story than Twilight.

Aren't you worried they might contact the DB?

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: August 28, 2012, 10:33:56 pm »

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Aren't you worried they might contact the DB?
The ones that got the idea would be far too happy about not being with Grelod anymore. :P And if Grelod is dead, YOU are the dark brotherhood, or in the way to become it. :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6866 on: August 31, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

If you loved the RTS/Wasteland Defence mod for Fallot 3/Fallout NV, here's a new mod Tundra Defense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1QmHf2MEs&feature=player_embedded

Give it a try. You build your own settlement/fort/town and different enemies from bandits to dragons attack it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: September 01, 2012, 05:13:54 am »

If you loved the RTS/Wasteland Defence mod for Fallot 3/Fallout NV, here's a new mod Tundra Defense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT1QmHf2MEs&feature=player_embedded

Give it a try. You build your own settlement/fort/town and different enemies from bandits to dragons attack it.

I hope it doesn't have the same issues that Wasteland Defense had. Walls were useless, as enemy NPC's didn't recognize them and would run into them blindly. Which wouldn't be too bad, except after a few seconds they would bug out and basically clip through the walls into your base, making have walls in the first place completely pointless.

casserol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6868 on: September 01, 2012, 09:24:22 am »

the team behind the merp mod have received a cease and desist letter from Warner Bros . look it up it's all over the web. please make noise and show support !

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: September 02, 2012, 12:44:29 am »

I hope it doesn't have the same issues that Wasteland Defense had. Walls were useless, as enemy NPC's didn't recognize them and would run into them blindly. Which wouldn't be too bad, except after a few seconds they would bug out and basically clip through the walls into your base, making have walls in the first place completely pointless.
Some walls had proper collision meshes, so you could build proper walls by hiding fences under them. But yeah, I hope they fix it, it's in an early development yet.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 896