Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550166 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7065 on: October 07, 2012, 10:12:07 pm »

Or maybe Bethesda just can't create AI that acts in an orderly fashion. That said, crystals are predictable, formulaic: they are uniform on a molecular level. Perhaps visual disorder is caused by madness fighting back.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: October 07, 2012, 11:57:44 pm »

...except for a side quest in Elder Scrolls VI where you find him in some daedric prison.
Hey, remember we're not supposed to talk about the Hammerfell beta. That's against the NDA.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: October 08, 2012, 12:00:13 am »

...except for a side quest in Elder Scrolls VI where you find him in some daedric prison.
Hey, remember we're not supposed to talk about the Hammerfell beta. That's against the NDA.
I thought VI took place on the reddish moon? Whatsitcalled.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: October 08, 2012, 12:05:41 am »

Masser.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: October 08, 2012, 12:11:38 am »

I actually wouldn't object to a Elder Scrolls game with some sort of sci-fi dungeon. Maybe a ancient abandoned alien spaceship crashlanded in the middle of nowhere, with no marker, just a veeeery soft white smoke trail to guide players to it. Like in fallout, but even more OP and awesome. Especially if there are still a few dragons left after Alduin rez'd them all.

Maybe they use ancient Akaviri script and imply that the gods are aliens or something.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: October 08, 2012, 12:17:21 am »

I actually wouldn't object to a Elder Scrolls game with some sort of sci-fi dungeon. Maybe a ancient abandoned alien spaceship crashlanded in the middle of nowhere, with no marker, just a veeeery soft white smoke trail to guide players to it. Like in fallout, but even more OP and awesome. Especially if there are still a few dragons left after Alduin rez'd them all.

Maybe they use ancient Akaviri script and imply that the gods are aliens or something.
Oh dear god no. You say this naively. You don't know what you invoke. You don't know what this would do to the already twisted and twain canon of Elder Scrolls cosmology.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: October 08, 2012, 12:27:09 am »

We've already got 2 conflicting major theories involving it all being God's dandruff or something to do with fishsticks.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: October 08, 2012, 12:53:04 am »

We've already got 2 conflicting major theories involving it all being God's dandruff or something to do with fishsticks.
He sound's like he's joking but this is closer to the truth than you could possibly infer.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: October 08, 2012, 01:15:14 am »

Hum, I thaught it was just a usurped realm of oblivion... there certainly is alot of that in Elderscrolls lore.

(Aedra stole it from Lorkhan, and deside to call it Mundus or it was always called Mundus... anyways Tamriel. not part of the deadra who include the princes and Mehrunes dagon who tried to usurp it from the Aedra and Akatosh, who is the leader of the nine divines and the blood relative of talos and the dragonborn and dragons i guess as well as the barrier keeping the daedra and deadric princes from coming in and wreaking everything, the heart of Lorkhan, a very powerful and indestructable gem shaped stragely like a big heart, is the physical remains of Lorkhan the Spirit of Nirn the earth bones god of all mortals, who was probably at one time leader or something of the Deadra who probably usurped the plains of oblivion into being, this is all supported by Mankar Camoran most likely told to him by Mehrunes dagon who is not the prince of lies and deceit and evil just ambition and change and the story of Arkay that states roughly that all the divines havent always been the nine divines but were at least one time mortals, and also that when 4 members of the race of elves once known as the chimer tapped into the power of the heart of Lorkhan Turned their entire race, who are no way connected through telepathic means like the dwemer were, into dark elves, it is writen by vivic that Azura told them not to and it was a cure for their tapping into the heart or by her or something, strange there is another race that has dark skin and glowing red eyes... who was that oh yes the daedra.
Hell there is even a story that says Ariel tried to destroy the heart of Lorkhan and it laughed and said it was the umbilical to the world. )

Anyways this is no longer an argument about it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: October 08, 2012, 01:28:38 am »

...wut

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: October 08, 2012, 01:32:41 am »

I would debate some of the specifics of that, but I have homework to do. :P

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: October 08, 2012, 02:25:42 am »

Oh dear god no. You say this naively. You don't know what you invoke. You don't know what this would do to the already twisted and twain canon of Elder Scrolls cosmology.
Well there IS the spacecore mod by valve..

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: October 08, 2012, 03:02:02 am »

Valve dont give a shit about canon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: October 08, 2012, 03:09:29 am »

It's not their game. They just made a mod, just like any other random dude made pony mods or nude mods or whatever.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: October 08, 2012, 03:31:33 am »

I know I know..
but still, isn't that Sci-fi  enough for you?  :P
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:04:04 am by Ultimuh »
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 896