Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558427 times)

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7665 on: December 03, 2012, 03:59:52 pm »

According to the Underworld franchise, you'll get green skin and turn into the incredible hulk for no reason.
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: December 03, 2012, 06:20:09 pm »

I thought it was black skin.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: December 03, 2012, 07:04:11 pm »

You can get both vampirism and werewolf easily using console (not console as in gaming console...but the console in PC to input cheats and what not)...well...this is second hand information. I've never tried...but now I'm really curious to see what happens. I have both a vampire overhaul mod and one large werewolf overhaul mod and a smaller one...if I can be both and it works...that be amazing.

And here is another screenshot. This is by far my favorite Skyrim screenshot I've taken. Just one uploaded, but it is amazing. Great atmosphere

http://i.imgur.com/Vo8fA.jpg
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: December 03, 2012, 07:24:41 pm »

Skyrim looks almost lifelike with mods.  There are a couple amazing mod collections on Steam Workshop for this.  Couple mods I'd specifically recommend for immersion and atmosphere are:

HQ Texture Pack - Official Bethesda free DLC, improves textures pretty much everywhere.
Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds/Dungeons, adds all kinds of new random sounds like animals and such.
Detailed Cities - Brings the cities more to life with plants and such
Lush Trees/Grass + HD Plants and Herbs + More Grass - Better tree/grass textures
That's Ice + Better Dynamic Snow - Ice looks better, snow looks better and forms drifts more realistically
Pure Waters + Kerplunk Watery Rocks + More Rain + Get Wet - Better water, better wet rocks, can get total downpours instead of just drizzles, and your characer gets wet in the rain
Alternate Sun Glare - Sun glare looks better
Enhanced Distant Terrain - Distant terrain looks better
Terrain Bump - Close-up terrain looks better
Spells Give Off Light - The fireball in your hands actually lights up your surroundings
Shadow Striping Fix - Big one, fixes the weird, buggy shadows on objects
Lanterns of Skyrim - Adds little lanterns to bridges and some other areas, adds some atmosphere
Dynamic Guard Helmets - Gives guards some variation in their helmets, or no helmets, randomly so they don't look like a clone army. 
Cloaks of Skyrim - Just looks good, guards get them as well with the symbol of their city on the back. 

Total performance hit for me was 5 FPS, tops, for all of them plus another ton of other stuff.  Pretty negligible for the beauty it adds to the game.  For me, the difference between my modded game and vanilla is like the difference between vanilla and Oblivion. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: December 03, 2012, 08:18:43 pm »

HQ Texture Pack - Official Bethesda free DLC, improves textures pretty much everywhere.
I get tons of missing textures with this one. Don't really know why it causes this.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: December 03, 2012, 08:28:30 pm »

I get tons of missing textures with this one. Don't really know why it causes this.

I haven't seen any (yet), however I watch OMFGcata (JesseCox) on Youtube. And he gets a missing texture with one tree stump inside Riften. Only one I'm aware that he has encountered (or shown in the videos) and he doesn't even use mods.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: December 03, 2012, 08:39:21 pm »

You mean the random pink-purple chopping blocks, etc?  That's a problem with the game itself.  There's another mod that I highly recommend and forgot to add that gets rid of a LOT of that, the Static Mesh Improvement Mod.  Basically better buckets, benches, archery targets, and other low-poly items in the game world.  These are the things that normally bug out like that, and the replacements in that mod don't suffer from the problem while making them look MUCH better.  Basically an indirect fix.  Using that and the Fixed Chopping Block and Campfire Bug, I never get them anymore for any kind of static object. 

Oddly enough, I still very rarely get this effect on DRAGONS.  Nothing like seeing a bright perriwinkle flying lizard swooping down to breathe fire at you.  Happens rarely enough to basically be a non-issue though, and I haven't gotten it once since Dawnguard added the new dragon models.  I'm assuming a fix was included there.  Also occasionally get the blacked-out skin on characters, but only after extremely long sessions and a quick exit and reload fixes that. 

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: December 03, 2012, 08:41:14 pm »

You mean the random pink-purple chopping blocks, etc?  That's a problem with the game itself.  There's another mod that I highly recommend and forgot to add that gets rid of a LOT of that, the Static Mesh Improvement Mod.  Basically better buckets, benches, archery targets, and other low-poly items in the game world.  These are the things that normally bug out like that, and the replacements in that mod don't suffer from the problem while making them look MUCH better.  Basically an indirect fix.  Using that and the Fixed Chopping Block and Campfire Bug, I never get them anymore for any kind of static object. 

Oddly enough, I still very rarely get this effect on DRAGONS.  Nothing like seeing a bright perriwinkle flying lizard swooping down to breathe fire at you.  Happens rarely enough to basically be a non-issue though, and I haven't gotten it once since Dawnguard added the new dragon models.  I'm assuming a fix was included there.  Also occasionally get the blacked-out skin on characters, but only after extremely long sessions and a quick exit and reload fixes that.
Actually whenever I enable the texture pack I get missing textures on most stuff. Horses, stormcloacks, nirnroots...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: December 03, 2012, 09:29:59 pm »

yea the texture pack from bethesda is retardedly broken, you are better off finding a better one on nexus.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: December 03, 2012, 09:42:30 pm »

I can heartily recommend the Static Mesh Improvement Mod. Virtual food never looked so tasty
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: December 04, 2012, 12:52:29 am »

Odd, HD texture pack never gave me that many problems even before I started using mods.  Used the Steam version, if that matters. 

Anyway, yeah, tons of texture overhaul packs out there that look amazing, but I've been using the Bethesda one just for convenience sake. 

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: December 07, 2012, 09:57:50 pm »

I followed the spriggan set free in Snapleg Cave. She went to Eldergleam Sanctuary whe she just stands there.
I named her Valerie. c:
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: December 11, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

D:

I got all the way through Shroud Hearth Barrow before the game pulled this out of its sleeve right before the word wall :(

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: December 11, 2012, 05:17:00 pm »

D:

I got all the way through Shroud Hearth Barrow before the game pulled this out of its sleeve right before the word wall :(
tcl it (toggle collision logging) so you can go through it and see if it still works, if not you will have to revert. Are you using the Unofficial patches?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: December 11, 2012, 05:31:22 pm »

tcl it (toggle collision logging) so you can go through it

I LOVE YOU :'(

(yes I am)
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 896