Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550200 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7755 on: December 19, 2012, 09:00:04 pm »

It wasn't particularly climactic, some dude walked from a hidden door and shanked him in the guts while you watched.

I think he is more refering to
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
in Skyrim.

No, I mean Oblivion. Uriel Septim, who gets assassinated at the start of Oblivion, was the guy you save in Arena, the guy who sends you to Daggerfall in... Dagerfall, and the guy who pardons you in Morrowind. He starts all of the quests up through Oblivion.

I started with Oblivion, but didn't those guys have different roman numerals after their names? I thought more time passed between games.

Uriel Septim VII.

He's the same guy that got captured in TES: Arena, and did all that stuff up to Oblivion.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: December 19, 2012, 10:43:02 pm »

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: December 19, 2012, 10:44:15 pm »

I second Putnam's wiki choice.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #7758 on: December 19, 2012, 11:13:31 pm »

Ive noticed that since sometime this year UESP has fallen below the wikia one on Google searches every time. Is the information on the wikia one just that much better that people are ok with dealing with all the  ads? Or do they just not know UESP exists?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: December 19, 2012, 11:22:36 pm »

Ive noticed that since sometime this year UESP has fallen below the wikia one on Google searches every time. Is the information on the wikia one just that much better that people are ok with dealing with all the  ads? Or do they just not know UESP exists?
information is not better, UESP knows alot of the scripts and their commands along with great indepth into the history of Tamriel with the library of books and short stories. Wikia gets on top cause of ads.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: December 20, 2012, 05:02:30 am »

I found wikia to be quite reliable, plus, they have seperate pages for most important quest items, whereas USP throws all quest apparel into one big page.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: December 20, 2012, 06:44:02 am »

I personally use both sets, and keep both EUSP and the wikia bookmarked hen I'm playing Skyrim.
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: December 20, 2012, 11:56:49 am »

I also, unlike certain others, can browse more than 1 wiki for a game.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: December 20, 2012, 12:05:56 pm »

There's not much difference in them, honestly.  EUSP offers a wider range of general information and lore; but as its user-driven; they both miss things or have a bit of information on one site and another bit somewhere else. I use both, just to make sure I got it all.  Only a couple of seconds are reading and two webpages up at the same time. Easy.  :P
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: December 20, 2012, 12:09:36 pm »

There's not much difference in them, honestly.  EUSP offers a wider range of general information and lore; but as its user-driven; they both miss things or have a bit of information on one site and another bit somewhere else. I use both, just to make sure I got it all.  Only a couple of seconds are reading and two webpages up at the same time. Easy.  :P

Yes, that's exactly what I do. Generally I don't even bother bookmarking, I just Google It and then open both links. Like, if I want to know the Destruction spells. Sometimes one wiki is more readable than the other (usually Wikia), UESP is more of the "wall of text" variety.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: December 20, 2012, 12:13:40 pm »

Whatever you do, don't rely on their pages for lore(Especially the wikia).  Double check it with the actual books or game situation.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: December 20, 2012, 01:18:20 pm »

Whatever you do, don't rely on their pages for lore(Especially the wikia).  Double check it with the actual books or game situation.
Use the Imperial Library instead for lore. It's even got some of the more obscure lore, too, that you most likely won't find in-game or in the books. It has pretty much everything lore-related you could ever need.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: December 21, 2012, 07:40:11 am »

It happened. I am now vampire AND werewolf.

E:
I'm going to cure it tough. Seems pretty boring and i don't really want to play a vampire (atleast without dawnguard).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:52:27 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: December 21, 2012, 08:10:57 am »

I use the in-game books for my lore...
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7769 on: December 21, 2012, 08:14:43 am »

But then you miss out on all the hot Khajiiti sex scandals.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 896