Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550100 times)

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7875 on: December 30, 2012, 06:16:08 pm »

The frozen parts?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: December 30, 2012, 09:16:34 pm »

Edit: Great, now there's also werewolf mannequins sticking out of my house. It's like they're slowly corrupting my entire game.

It's especially creepy when the werewolf mannequin I have in the basement next to the forge has his hands by his sides one minute. Then when I turn to use the forge and turn back around, I see it put its arms around me.

Those aren't mannequins.  Those are weeping angels in werewolf form.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: December 30, 2012, 09:42:26 pm »

Werewolves fast traveling past me along the road in broad daylight.  Then later attacking me from behind while I was stomping a bandit.  Werewolves from the ERSO Overhaul.  It is modular though, so I only have half of em on.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: December 30, 2012, 10:37:34 pm »

Thing I don't like about Tundra Defense kind of home building is the big floating green 'cursor' objects: they really break immersion. If I want to build my own house CK style, I'll just use the CK. A house which takes time to build, and not just the time to gather minerals, and has the wooden framework and stages of construction, seems most fun in-game to me.

Best system, imho, would be actual modular construction, using scripts to place pre-defined empty rooms relative to doors to ensure contiguity, rooms which could then be populated by user preference of furniture through similar scripts. Very script intensive, but much potential. Not like the pseudo-modular Hearthfire construction, real modularity. None of the mods currently offer it either.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: December 30, 2012, 10:45:04 pm »

Thing I don't like about Tundra Defense kind of home building is the big floating green 'cursor' objects: they really break immersion. If I want to build my own house CK style, I'll just use the CK. A house which takes time to build, and not just the time to gather minerals, and has the wooden framework and stages of construction, seems most fun in-game to me.

Best system, imho, would be actual modular construction, using scripts to place pre-defined empty rooms relative to doors to ensure contiguity, rooms which could then be populated by user preference of furniture through similar scripts. Very script intensive, but much potential. Not like the pseudo-modular Hearthfire construction, real modularity. None of the mods currently offer it either.
That sounds like it would be hard to do I think
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: December 30, 2012, 11:53:06 pm »

That sounds like it would be hard to do I think
not really, if anything you could just copy alot of the scripts from Hearthfire or other mods. your main issue is activator objects (weapon racks, armor mannequins), from what i understand you can only code them at their specific location and you cant change the location on the fly ie. when you are placing the object wherever you feel like.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: December 31, 2012, 12:20:52 am »

If necessary, weapon racks could be at fixed locations in the prefab modular rooms, in a disabled state and enabled once "placed." You couldn't move them but you could still choose their presence. However, I'm pretty sure the only thing that moving them around would mess up would be rotation.

Mannequins shouldn't be too difficult, them being just NPC's in disguise after all.

In theory, calculating the positions for the new rooms from the relative position of the room it would adjoin should be possible. There was a prototype Morrowind mod along these lines, no furniture but the bare rooms did position perfectly. Can't remember what it was called, though.

The unofficial Adopt a Child mod doesn't offer the range of features that the (still scant) official addon does. Namely, the complete lack of voiceovers being what turns me away from it most. Still, the Hearthfire children surprised me, my dad's adopted ingame kids (lol) once brought home a fox and pleaded to keep it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 12:28:34 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: December 31, 2012, 07:59:55 pm »

Jenassa.... You scallywag, why do I find you in Whiterun dungeon?  /me picks locks and walks out with her.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: January 03, 2013, 08:20:59 pm »

I just had Fun.
I accidentally alerted a giant who I was trying to backstab. He immediately hit me with his hammer thing. He must've hit me pretty damn hard, because I was then flung a thousand feet into the sky. I could see most of the map and I was a large distance higher than High Hrothgar before I respawned.
Is this, um... supposed... to happen?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: January 03, 2013, 08:21:50 pm »

I just had Fun.
I accidentally alerted a giant who I was trying to backstab. He immediately hit me with his hammer thing. He must've hit me pretty damn hard, because I was then flung a thousand feet into the sky. I could see most of the map and I was a large distance higher than High Hrothgar before I respawned.
Yes.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: January 03, 2013, 08:25:11 pm »

I just had Fun.
Yes.
That's good. The game was starting to get too serious.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: January 03, 2013, 10:26:33 pm »

Well, actually, he's lying, but either way it's a common bug that happens to be hilarious.

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: January 03, 2013, 11:09:51 pm »

It wasn't originally supposed to happen but everyone found it hilarious so the devs left it in. Basically when something dies any damage above it's remaining hp is converted into momentum. Giants tend to do A LOT of damage.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: January 03, 2013, 11:43:05 pm »

Well, actually, he's lying, but either way it's a common bug that happens to be hilarious.
It wasn't originally supposed to happen but everyone found it hilarious so the devs left it in. Basically when something dies any damage above it's remaining hp is converted into momentum. Giants tend to do A LOT of damage.
Which is why why I said it's intentional. No lie there.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: January 04, 2013, 12:27:07 am »

Yeah, it started as a bug and the devs loved it so they kept it. So now it's intentional. Kinda like Street Fighter 2 combos.
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 896