Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550099 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #7890 on: January 04, 2013, 02:27:23 am »

Yeah, it started as a bug and the devs loved it so they kept it. So now it's intentional. Kinda like Street Fighter 2 combos.
What do you mean by street fighter 2 combo care to elaborate?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: January 04, 2013, 02:38:21 am »

Combos weren't supposed to exist, but since then they have become pretty much essential in fighters. Or so I think it goes.

That kept happening to me too, until I decided to just run away. 20 levels later, I don't go flying anymore. I only kinda flop over.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: January 04, 2013, 02:42:35 am »

Expanding on what SirAaronIII said:

When Street Fighter 2 came out, fighters were basically like Karateka (the old one) or wrestling games. You punched and kicked and maybe flying kicked and shot fireballs and that was it. You'd hit an enemy, they'd go flying for a bit. Land. Get up. Repeat. Then a fledgling pro scene for Street Fighter 2 discovered animation bugs that basically allowed you to cancel animations before they fully played out and keep attacking while the enemy was being juggled in the air. Capcom liked the bug so much they kept it around and that's how combos and the modern, fluid, exciting fighting game was born.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: January 04, 2013, 02:52:55 am »

Expanding on what SirAaronIII said:

When Street Fighter 2 came out, fighters were basically like Karateka (the old one) or wrestling games. You punched and kicked and maybe flying kicked and shot fireballs and that was it. You'd hit an enemy, they'd go flying for a bit. Land. Get up. Repeat. Then a fledgling pro scene for Street Fighter 2 discovered animation bugs that basically allowed you to cancel animations before they fully played out and keep attacking while the enemy was being juggled in the air. Capcom liked the bug so much they kept it around and that's how combos and the modern, fluid, exciting fighting game was born.
oh wow that pretty cool all thanks to a bug my favorite genre was born.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: January 04, 2013, 03:44:37 am »

Ugh... can't stand combos in fighting games.  Nothing like having to invest hundreds of hours (only slight hyperbole) committing stuff to muscle memory before you can even think about having fun with a game, because if you didn't, you can be sure the other guy did.  I wish there were more fighting games out there that followed a Smash Bros type formula.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #7895 on: January 04, 2013, 03:52:44 am »

Depends on if you're talking online or local multiplayer.

Because a friend and I play tons of fighting games together, and the winner is largely dictated by which of us can find the most innovative way to prevent the other one from actually playing.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: January 04, 2013, 03:57:02 am »

Ugh... can't stand combos in fighting games.  Nothing like having to invest hundreds of hours (only slight hyperbole) committing stuff to muscle memory before you can even think about having fun with a game, because if you didn't, you can be sure the other guy did.  I wish there were more fighting games out there that followed a Smash Bros type formula.
there combo's is smash lol
Depends on if you're talking online or local multiplayer.

Because a friend and I play tons of fighting games together, and the winner is largely dictated by which of us can find the most innovative way to prevent the other one from actually playing.
and that great  :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdizkIA3FvA but combo are so fun <3
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:01:43 am by Alkhemia »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: January 04, 2013, 04:08:35 am »

Not the same at all, and I'm sure you know this.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: January 04, 2013, 04:10:09 am »

Not the same at all, and I'm sure you know this.
ofc it not really a fighting game tbh it more of a beat em up

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: January 04, 2013, 04:32:00 am »

And Doom isn't an FPS because it doesn't have rocket jumping or headshots.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: January 04, 2013, 04:34:25 am »

And Doom isn't an FPS because it doesn't have rocket jumping or headshots.
true  :P also no hats

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: January 04, 2013, 04:53:51 am »

I love the giant bug tough. Skyrim space program.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: January 04, 2013, 02:37:32 pm »

So any modder here willing to show us some screen shot of your mod you made?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: January 04, 2013, 02:41:17 pm »

Uh... I've got this one dungeon I've been working on since forever. Not much unique to look at though, except for one big cellar with pillars. Hold on...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: January 04, 2013, 03:15:09 pm »

Uh... I've got this one dungeon I've been working on since forever. Not much unique to look at though, except for one big cellar with pillars. Hold on...
  If you been working on it forever it should be really cool looking can't wait to see  :D

Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 896