Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558335 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #8040 on: February 09, 2013, 08:44:17 am »

That's it, the big feature that everyone will get hyped for in the next game is Bethesda finally cracking vertical pathfinding. NPC's will use the acrobatics skill and there will be bosmer ninjas.
Will that mean that walled cities will be in the open world?
And no longer limited to their own cells?
No, because people on the 8 year old xbox wouldn't be able to play it so we have to design the game for people with shit hardware.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: February 09, 2013, 08:45:16 am »

That's it, the big feature that everyone will get hyped for in the next game is Bethesda finally cracking vertical pathfinding. NPC's will use the acrobatics skill and there will be bosmer ninjas.
No, because people on the 8 year old xbox wouldn't be able to play it so we have to design the game for people with shit hardware.
PS3 MASTER RACE!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8042 on: February 09, 2013, 08:46:44 am »

Modders have proven that open cities are possible on the PC. I've used the open city mod and it works fine, no noticeable slowdown as you approach a city.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #8043 on: February 09, 2013, 08:49:17 am »

PS3 MASTER RACE!
Isn't the PS3 less powerful than the Xbox 360? :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: February 09, 2013, 08:50:35 am »

Open cities seems nice tough. Especially since the only cities that I like are walled in. (Altough that's not saying much, as most of the cities are walled). The cities I like are Thieves-Guild-Place-I-Forgot-What-It-Is-Called and Whiterun.

And really? Isn't it like, more recent and more powerful?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8045 on: February 09, 2013, 08:59:47 am »

Riften is the one you're not remembering.

And I personally really liked solitude and windhelm the most.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: February 09, 2013, 12:50:19 pm »

Open cities seems nice tough. Especially since the only cities that I like are walled in. (Altough that's not saying much, as most of the cities are walled). The cities I like are Thieves-Guild-Place-I-Forgot-What-It-Is-Called and Whiterun.

it has 256 MB of RAM and a 7-core processor that most games don't use.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: February 09, 2013, 01:08:59 pm »

The Cell Processor technically 1 PPE core for general processing and  the others 6 SPE are for floating point executions that are insanely powerful,the PS3 Cell has 7 SPEs with 6 available for development, the Xenon in 360 is a triple core PPE.

edit: in truth the PS3 is more powerful than the 360 but the reason why it sucks cause there isn't enough ram in the system (ignoring the fact that its a bitch to program). For what ever reason they decided to put in 512mb of ram and split it in half for the cpu and the gpu.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 01:15:40 pm by Tellemurius »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8048 on: February 09, 2013, 02:56:28 pm »

Computers are only as good as their worst part. Consoles aren't an exception to that rule.
Difference being that you can replace that worst part in a PC, upgrading its performance.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: February 09, 2013, 08:36:31 pm »

Hell, there was already open cities with Morrowind.

Now the reason they can't make open houses is that it wouldn't fit  :P

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: February 10, 2013, 12:26:24 pm »

Yeah, houses were larger in the inside since Daggerfall.

But cities, they literally copied pasted the whole terrain and outer walls and whatever to the other map. In fact, they leave most of the larger architecture in the Overworld so that you can see houses from atop a mountain or something.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: February 10, 2013, 01:36:16 pm »

In fact, they leave most of the larger architecture in the Overworld so that you can see houses from atop a mountain or something.

That is not good enough, what if I want to jump over the walls with high enough jump skill as in Morrowind?
Or what if I have a mod which enables me to fly?

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: February 10, 2013, 01:37:15 pm »

I want to see a realistically large gameworld where it takes real-life weeks to travel from one city to the next on foot. Where horses have more value.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: February 10, 2013, 01:40:07 pm »

TES will probably get there one day, infact you could probably gen a big enough map, the problem is filling it with stuff.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: February 10, 2013, 01:40:28 pm »

I want to see a realistically large gameworld where it takes real-life weeks to travel from one city to the next on foot. Where horses have more value.
Well, I read somewhere that Arena did that :P

And the Witcher 3? I think it was 3 is planned to have world larger than Skyrim's.

Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 896