Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1549987 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #8595 on: April 01, 2013, 06:31:49 am »

I wouldn't say we definitely won't see any familiar races.
The cat people of Ka Po' Tun may be related to the Khajiit, and it certainly wouldn't be the first time whole or large portions of a race moved to one of the other continents. I'd suspect it to have been the Khajiit migrating to Tamriel at some time in the past if the two races are linked.
There is some evidence that there may be a race of men enslaved/incorporated into the Tsaesci. Probably unlike any of the previously encountered races of men, I'd suspect a more oriental featured race of men.
There are definitely goblins present on Akavir so they should be making a return.

Hmm.. set in 3E 288 so incoming imperial invasion. Well that's one of the quest lines for the Tsaesci sorted out. Although the comments that you will be involved in the succession following the death of Uriel V is confusing as that happened in Tamriel, unless it is implying that we will be heading there.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8596 on: April 01, 2013, 06:48:03 am »

Any sources?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8597 on: April 01, 2013, 06:58:01 am »

So, they've just announce VI. It's to be set in Akavir, possibly far, far in the past, and consequentially there will be practically nothing familiar except general game mechanics. The closest thing we'll see to a tamrielic race will be a maormer. This means they're finally deciding what all those akaviri races look like. What really gets me excited is "spears and hand to hand combat," and "underwater exploration."
April Fools?

I hope?

It better fucking be. Or I will pass way, way over the point where my disgruntleness of how they screw with the lore stops being outweighed by my actual enjoyment of the game. And then I will become a supervillain. A tiny, powerless, and out of shape basement-dwelling supervillain, mind you. I I do not want that to happen. I want to live a happy, fulfilling, pantswearing life. Please don't do this to me, Bethesda. Please don't.

Also Maormer lives to the southwest of Tamriel dammit.
Love, scriver~

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #8599 on: April 01, 2013, 09:47:44 am »

I am currently hunting a Blood dragon, while flying so high on my own Ancient dragon that WE'RE IN THE CLOUD LAYER.

Yes. I AM HAVING A DRAGON DOGFIGHT AMONGST THE CLOUDS.

Okay, screw that. I AM FIGHTING A DRAGON, AT A HEIGHT HIGHER THAN ANY MOUNTAIN IN TAMRIEL.

Screw that as well. I JUST SHOUTED A STORM AT THE DRAGON, CAUSING IT TO PLUMMET TO THE GROUND FROM A HEIGHT HIGHER THAN ANY MOUNTAIN IN TAMRIEL. MY DRAGON DOVE AFTER IT, STOPPING IN THE CLOUDS, AND THEN FINISHED IT OFF BY CRUSHING THE BLOOD DRAGON'S HEAD IN ITS JAWS.
(okay it bit it in the head, but I like to imagine a broken dragon skull)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:55:10 am by Eotyrannus »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8600 on: April 01, 2013, 09:53:33 am »

Well, if you look you'll find that the only people talking about this announcement are the UESP, saying that the game was announced in "an interview with Tim Howard." And if that didn't tip you off, it then goes on to say Sload will be playable.

However, I must say I actually wouldn't mind if that (minus the sload) were the real TES:VI. Exploring Akavir would be rather cool, and they could still have the tamrielic races if they set it during one of the Empire's invasions.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:56:37 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8601 on: April 01, 2013, 10:11:18 am »

Well, if you look you'll find that the only people talking about this announcement are the UESP, saying that the game was announced in "an interview with Tim Howard." And if that didn't tip you off, it then goes on to say Sload will be playable.

However, I must say I actually wouldn't mind if that (minus the sload) were the real TES:VI. Exploring Akavir would be rather cool, and they could still have the tamrielic races if they set it during one of the Empire's invasions.

Also, at the "interview", one of the participants is named after lore character Bendu Olo, with a few letter switched around.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8602 on: April 01, 2013, 12:04:28 pm »

That was the dude who wrote the book about the Sload, right? How fitting.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8603 on: April 01, 2013, 12:53:29 pm »

He's also the in-files name for the hero of Oblivion.

Also, I think they confirmed a while ago that there wouldn't be a main-series game that doesn't take place in Tamriel.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8604 on: April 01, 2013, 01:34:45 pm »

I'm fairly sure that VI will be called Akavir (how could they resist being able to use the VI like they did the IV in Oblivion?) but will involve something like an Akaviri invasion, or someone convincing them to send help for/against the Thalmor.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8605 on: April 01, 2013, 03:33:04 pm »

I'm fairly sure that VI will be called Akavir (how could they resist being able to use the VI like they did the IV in Oblivion?) but will involve something like an Akaviri invasion, or someone convincing them to send help for/against the Thalmor.

The same way they resisted using the V in Akavir.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8606 on: April 01, 2013, 04:29:36 pm »

Ah, but you see, visually, the V matches up with the "Y" in the middle of "SKYRIM," creating a balanced design. Admittedly, though, "Akavir" doesn't have the symbols in the middle of the word, so if they did use it they'd probably do it as "Akaviri."

So, here's hoping for actual damned spears in the next DLC.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8607 on: April 01, 2013, 05:01:21 pm »

I am currently hunting a Blood dragon, while flying so high on my own Ancient dragon that WE'RE IN THE CLOUD LAYER.

Okay, screw that. I AM FIGHTING A DRAGON, AT A HEIGHT HIGHER THAN ANY MOUNTAIN IN TAMRIEL.

Screw that as well. I JUST SHOUTED A STORM AT THE DRAGON, CAUSING IT TO PLUMMET TO THE GROUND FROM A HEIGHT HIGHER THAN ANY MOUNTAIN IN TAMRIEL. MY DRAGON DOVE AFTER IT, STOPPING IN THE CLOUDS, AND THEN FINISHED IT OFF BY CRUSHING THE BLOOD DRAGON'S HEAD IN ITS JAWS.
Please tell me you know the mod for this. PLEASE.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8608 on: April 02, 2013, 02:25:14 pm »

I think that's just the Dragonoborn DLC.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8609 on: April 02, 2013, 04:27:31 pm »

I think that's just the Dragonoborn DLC.
DLC.
...Ffffffffffffff-
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 896