Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558624 times)

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #8730 on: April 14, 2013, 04:16:18 pm »

The conspiracy unfolds.
If this have been seen before, please ignore.

Saw title, clicked "x" button faster than I ever had in my life.

Hey! That was informative and amusing! It was infomusing!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8731 on: April 15, 2013, 05:13:26 pm »

For those that haven't heard yet: There will be no more DLC for Skyrim. The devs have been moved to Bethesda's current project (probably Fallout 4). There may yet be updates for Skyrim, however.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8732 on: April 15, 2013, 07:50:11 pm »

I wish they would have made some Falmoor (spelling?) related DLC, mostly because I want to murder the fuck out of them. On the other hand, if it is Fallout 4 I'm entirely okay with this. I just hope that some level of Skyrim dual wielding gets into the game so we can have some guns akimbo action.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8733 on: April 15, 2013, 07:55:06 pm »

Remember when the voice actor for Three Dog said he was working on a "secret" project for Bethesda?

Obviously going to be Fallout 4. :P

Though a slight chance, same actor and a new IP. But its far far more likely he is voice acting Fallout 4 again, as he did Fallout 3.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8734 on: April 15, 2013, 08:07:12 pm »

The guy who played Three Dog also played Nazir in Skyrim.

Anyway, Erik Todd Dellums said explicitly that he was playing Three Dog, so...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8735 on: April 15, 2013, 08:23:03 pm »

The guy who played Three Dog also played Nazir in Skyrim.

Anyway, Erik Todd Dellums said explicitly that he was playing Three Dog, so...

Ohh Fallout 3... Clearly the game that did sliding difficulty the best ever. Love or hate the game, that is what it did better then every Bethesda game.

I'd say "Maybe Skyrim should have done that" but I don't think it would work in this case. Do minions even bug you at mid-high level play? As well being rushed is a lot more deadly in Skyrim then in Fallout.

I don't think sending larger waves of smaller enemies would be "funner" in Skyrim.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:24:37 pm by Neonivek »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8736 on: April 15, 2013, 09:53:33 pm »

And I hear the PS3 still hasn't gotten any DLC.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8737 on: April 15, 2013, 10:34:33 pm »

I would have been a fan of more, quality DLC for Skyrim myself, but alas! With TES Online in the works, I doubt we'll be seeing much more from the single-player series for some time to come. And, call me pessimistic, but I have my doubts that the "innovations" and especially stylization online players get themselves accustomed to and later demand in the offline series will make for a "better" game. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8738 on: April 15, 2013, 10:37:32 pm »

TES:O is by an entirely different dev team, AFAIK.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8739 on: April 15, 2013, 11:41:47 pm »

I wish they would have made some Falmoor (spelling?) related DLC, mostly because I want to murder the fuck out of them. On the other hand, if it is Fallout 4 I'm entirely okay with this. I just hope that some level of Skyrim dual wielding gets into the game so we can have some guns akimbo action.
Buy Dawnguard. They tell you it's about vampires, but you spend about half of its main quest killing Falmer, and delving into their backstory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8740 on: April 16, 2013, 12:09:27 am »

And I hear the PS3 still hasn't gotten any DLC.
no they got dlc now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8741 on: April 16, 2013, 09:18:31 am »

Buy Dawnguard. They tell you it's about vampires, but you spend about half of its main quest killing Falmer, and delving into their backstory.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think he may be talking about the Thalmor. I guess we may need some clarification.

And as was said by Putnam: TES:O is being made by Zenimax Online, not Bethesda Game Studios.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8742 on: April 16, 2013, 10:56:00 am »

And as was said by Putnam: TES:O is being made by Zenimax Online, not Bethesda Game Studios.
Is this a good thing, or a bad thing?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8743 on: April 16, 2013, 11:29:55 am »

Is this a good thing, or a bad thing?

If you saw the leaked video of TES:O...its an obvious cash grab. Its almost exactly like WoW with Dark Age of Camelot mixed in. It doesn't look innovative at all. So many better MMOs out there that actually innovate. GW2, EVE, Defiance, Secret World...TES:O just looks horrid and I'm not talking about the graphics.

TES:O doesn't even have real time combat. Its just a cursor on the screen, and you press 1-4 keys...
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8744 on: April 16, 2013, 11:33:25 am »

That's extremely disheartening.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 581 582 [583] 584 585 ... 896