Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550059 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #8850 on: May 12, 2013, 12:08:13 am »

Steam usually runs their big summer sale around the end of July and considering Skyrims age there will likely be at least a 50% sale, and possibly better on one of the flash sales, so it may be worth waiting until then.
I'm betting waaay more than that for Skyrim. It's gone at least 75% in the past hasn't it?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: May 12, 2013, 02:53:00 am »

Steam usually runs their big summer sale around the end of July and considering Skyrims age there will likely be at least a 50% sale, and possibly better on one of the flash sales, so it may be worth waiting until then.
I'm betting waaay more than that for Skyrim. It's gone at least 75% in the past hasn't it?

The bigger question is what are they going to put the Skyrim bundle down for. It may be old but its expansions are not as old as it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: May 12, 2013, 07:45:20 am »

The bigger question is what are they going to put the Skyrim bundle down for. It may be old but its expansions are not as old as it.

It's weird to think of Skyrim as old already.....
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8853 on: May 12, 2013, 10:07:11 am »

Yes, on the flash sales(or it may have been 66%), although I think the dlc that were available at the time didn't drop below 50%.

Indeed, although it may be worth checking if buying the game and dlc separately during a sale is cheaper, which is sometimes the case.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: May 12, 2013, 02:14:13 pm »

Personally I'm hoping Dragonborn goes to 75% off over the summer but I guess it's just wishful thinking for the dlc to be reasonably priced for a day.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: May 12, 2013, 07:27:15 pm »

The Skyrim Legendary Edition (basically Skyrim + all DLC) 4 or 7 of June (depending on where you live) is coming out. I don't know if there'll be a digital version, but if there is then it may be better to wait for that.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: May 12, 2013, 08:31:45 pm »

The Skyrim Legendary Edition (basically Skyrim + all DLC) 4 or 7 of June (depending on where you live) is coming out. I don't know if there'll be a digital version, but if there is then it may be better to wait for that.
If Fallout NV Wasteland Edition came out to steam surely legendary will make it too.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: May 24, 2013, 09:25:04 pm »

I might be about to start Skyrim again after 4 or 5 failed attempts to get into the game and have a few questions.

Are Shouts essential for progressing through most guilds or random/side quests?

I prefer just to be able to jump off the boat and head any direction for free roam adventuring but it takes a while to eventually get to the "summoning" or etc etc and get things progressed to have shouts proper.  Would it be ok to avoid the quests to get shouts straight away or would that result in a broken experience?

I think id put over 50 hours before seeing Caius or Jauffre in previous games so would that be reasonable in Skyrim too without making it too lop sided/broken?

Thx in advance.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: May 24, 2013, 10:28:08 pm »

I might be about to start Skyrim again after 4 or 5 failed attempts to get into the game and have a few questions.

Are Shouts essential for progressing through most guilds or random/side quests?
I believe there is only one side quest that requires a shout.

I prefer just to be able to jump off the boat and head any direction for free roam adventuring but it takes a while to eventually get to the "summoning" or etc etc and get things progressed to have shouts proper.  Would it be ok to avoid the quests to get shouts straight away or would that result in a broken experience?

I think id put over 50 hours before seeing Caius or Jauffre in previous games so would that be reasonable in Skyrim too without making it too lop sided/broken?
You won't be able to complete that one sidequest (it's not marked or anything, so it barely counts), but aside from no Dragons (because you don't need to do Bleak Falls either) there is no difference.
[/quote]
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8859 on: May 24, 2013, 10:58:01 pm »

so long as you avoid the main quest shouts are almost totally unnecessary. If you bite the bullet and finish the initial thing around whiterun to unlock shouts and dragon attacks you can safely ignore the rest and still Fus Ro Dah people off the mountains.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #8860 on: May 24, 2013, 11:06:16 pm »

There has only been like 2 real DLC's for Skyrim so far, right? Dawnguard and Dragonborne?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8861 on: May 24, 2013, 11:08:02 pm »

There has only been like 2 real DLC's for Skyrim so far, right? Dawnguard and Dragonborne?
and Dawnguard

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: May 25, 2013, 12:10:05 am »

and Dawnguard
and Dragonborn
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: May 25, 2013, 12:19:05 am »

and Dawnguard
and Dragonborn
And horse armor.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: May 25, 2013, 12:27:10 am »

And dragon armor. And armor guard. And guard armor.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 896