Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550042 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9075 on: July 18, 2013, 02:44:28 pm »

i wouldn't know much, Penderix's magic system kinda sucks and the author pulled it out since apparently hes got a new version that so far no one has seen. I just been sticking with Empowered Magic to keep my spells on par with my level.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: July 18, 2013, 02:52:32 pm »

Morrowind had three endings?
Morrowind had three ways to get to the same ending. But the ending still is the same.

Hm. I've been searching for something to make the magic system interesting. I'm already using the Apocalypse package, Ancient Spells, Soulfire, and am planning to add Spellcrafting, Spell Combos, and Better Magic. Anyone have further suggestions? I'm aiming to have a modpackage that makes magic varied and interesting without being massively OP (hence choosing the spellpacks I did over more extravagant ones).
I know SkyRe rebalances magic, but it may be what you are looking for since it rebalances a lot more than just magic.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: July 18, 2013, 02:54:34 pm »

Also, the backpath is definitely non-canon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: July 18, 2013, 02:55:28 pm »

Mass Effect 3 had three ways to get to the same ending. But the ending still is the same.
So sorry, but it had to be done.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9079 on: July 18, 2013, 03:03:05 pm »

Hey guys! I played Skyrim on XBOX, but gave up for various reasons. I picked up the Legendary edition because Steam wants all of my money, and now I'm thinking mods.

Except I don't want anything that would change the actual content. I want it to look and work better. Uh... any suggestions?
Here you go: http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: July 18, 2013, 03:28:08 pm »

Hey guys! I played Skyrim on XBOX, but gave up for various reasons. I picked up the Legendary edition because Steam wants all of my money, and now I'm thinking mods.

Except I don't want anything that would change the actual content. I want it to look and work better. Uh... any suggestions?
Here you go: http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page

o.O

Damnit, this is worse than good ol' WoW mods

Thanks for the link. I have some mod organization to do.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: July 18, 2013, 03:33:48 pm »

Mass Effect 3 had three ways to get to the same ending. But the ending still is the same.

You should be apologizing for misrepresentation, post-DLC at the least.

Batten down the thread, prepare the artillery!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: July 18, 2013, 05:50:14 pm »

They also did it with Oblivion where Morrowind's three endings were the canon endings.

And what were Morrowind's three endings, pray tell?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: July 18, 2013, 05:51:28 pm »

You should be apologizing for misrepresentation, post-DLC at the least.

Batten down the thread, prepare the artillery!
Note the 'had'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9084 on: July 18, 2013, 06:12:49 pm »

You could fail, leading to the Red Mountain's ultimate eruption as Dagoth Ur attacks the world, you could work with the temple to defeat him with the tools, or you could kill Vivec, take the equipment you need, and invent everything you need yourself.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: July 18, 2013, 06:48:39 pm »

So much for playing Skyrim today. I've spent close to six hours downloading new mods, updating old ones, mucking with my load order and BOSS, and now going through my load order cleaning things with TES5Edit. :x

e: Oh god damn it. I just wasted an hour or two picking through my painfully large load order only to find that the CTD was being caused by an updated version of one little mod that had gained DLC support. >.>
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:23:13 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: July 18, 2013, 08:55:10 pm »

You could fail, leading to the Red Mountain's ultimate eruption as Dagoth Ur attacks the world, you could work with the temple to defeat him with the tools, or you could kill Vivec, take the equipment you need, and invent everything you need yourself.

That last one is completely non-canon, that second one is canon, that first one is caused by the Nerevarine (I assume because Vivec's too much of an ass to keep lie rock up in the air with his, you know, extremely vast magical power, much less his still being a god).

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: July 19, 2013, 02:54:04 am »

You could fail, leading to the Red Mountain's ultimate eruption as Dagoth Ur attacks the world
No you couldn't. There is no way to fail the main quest.

you could kill Vivec, take the equipment you need, and invent everything you need yourself.
It's pretty clear the back path is non-canon.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: July 19, 2013, 12:12:03 pm »

Anyone use the Immersive Creatures mod?

I am level 11, already had a master vampire raid on Whiterun, and had the run like mad a way from an Ancient Spriggan (he one hit kills me). mod is evil. need to turn off the 'your dead in one hit' gens for my newbie character.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: July 19, 2013, 12:28:11 pm »

That last one is completely non-canon, that second one is canon, that first one is caused by the Nerevarine (I assume because Vivec's too much of an ass to keep lie rock up in the air with his, you know, extremely vast magical power, much less his still being a god).

Once his connection to the Heart of Lorkhan was severed, he ceased to be a god.
The real problem is that he actually says in the sermons, as I recall, that he kept it there specifically so that if people stopped loving him, he could just kill them all.
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 896