Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558361 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9360 on: September 10, 2013, 02:06:09 am »

Did you win? I have a really powerful Khajit ninja-archer in legendary dragonbone armor who got pwned in just a two-way battle (even though I can kill one easily).

Yeah. I was riding one of them, so I only had to kill two of them (Viinturuth and a random Blood Dragon) by hurling spells from my perch in the skies. The third one tried to eat me, and so he exploded.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: September 13, 2013, 05:50:33 pm »

Finally got Lightning Storm, went Legendary on Destruction, and just managed to beat up two Frost dragons and a Deathlord armed only with Dawnbreaker, Firebolt and some healing spells.

Eff yeah.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: September 13, 2013, 10:24:16 pm »

Did you win? I have a really powerful Khajit ninja-archer in legendary dragonbone armor who got pwned in just a two-way battle (even though I can kill one easily).

Yeah. I was riding one of them, so I only had to kill two of them (Viinturuth and a random Blood Dragon) by hurling spells from my perch in the skies. The third one tried to eat me, and so he exploded.
there's a double named dragon battle in the vampire dlc. It's pretty awesome!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: September 14, 2013, 03:12:25 am »

Oh god, I remember that one. The way they soaked the damage was insane even with followers. (Modded)
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: September 14, 2013, 04:35:45 am »

Oh god, I remember that one. The way they soaked the damage was insane even with followers. (Modded)
I've done that one before. I haven't managed to die in it yet, although that's probably because I tend to go on Apprentice difficulty for the purposes of EVERYTHING IS DYING MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: September 15, 2013, 01:06:57 am »

I only remember bits of the fight, but entire premise was perfect. I wished that was how all the dragon battles were like... not some silly pointless random encounter.

From what I remember, you basically were minding your own business, fighting frost trolls and frost giants and those frozen flying worm things and then you realize you have to cross a gigantic frozen lake to get to the quest point.

As you're walking across the lake, taking in the view, you notice there's a little island off to the left, with what seems to be a word wall on it. Except you can't quite make it out as it's quite far away. So, naturally, you walk closer to investigate.

As you walk closer, your ears perk up. "Wait... is that the Dragonborn music playing...? Why is it... but I don't see anything?"

The ground starts shaking. The music is playing full blast now but you're not sure what's going on. Suddenly the frozen lake bursts out at one point and a bloody dragon flies out of it, from UNDER THE LAKE! You think, "pfft, just another ruddy dragon. Sure he's orange but it's still just one." But as you fight it you swear you're getting attacked from another side. Then you realize, there's not one... there's two named revered dragons!

You backtrack up, trying to properly size up what on earth is going on. You see them diving in to come to ground so you ready your bow to attack. Except he doesn't land... he dives back into the lake. What the hell? You don't get a chance to properly figure out what just happened as the other dragon comes in to attack you and BLAM! The first dragon breaks out from the lake again right under you.

It was fantastic. That battle and the dragon battles with the super dragon mods are the only dragon battles I remember.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: September 15, 2013, 09:54:06 pm »

This almost has me considering a re-download of the Dawnguard DLC after have stripped and banished it's insolent atmosphere-wrecking ways from my hard drive for all time... almost.

At the risk of being too general, I want to say that it would be a very fine thing if the next single-player TES game we saw maintained the current level of open-worldliness and implemented more of this, perhaps even to the extent (without copying the style) of Dragon's Dogma.

That game would be the end of public school systems.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: September 16, 2013, 12:24:36 am »

Atmosphere wrecking?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: September 16, 2013, 12:48:56 am »

walking into Whiterun suddenly DEMONDOG and then all the guards are like "I hyerd they're pooting togyether the dongard again".

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: September 16, 2013, 01:07:49 am »

Ah. Well, that goes away after the first few quests. Vampire attacks later on might trigger similar things, though.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #9370 on: September 17, 2013, 04:50:19 pm »

Has anyone run across a mod that lets you park your horse at a stables or somewhere so it doesn't just turn up whenever you fast travel? I've had no luck finding one on the Workshop or the Nexus.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: September 21, 2013, 11:34:21 pm »

Man I love the dragon difficulty mods. I played with them so much that when I reinstalled Skyrim and fought  Mirmulnir (I think that's the first dragon) and he died in 10 seconds to a guard... I was so sad.

So I went hunting for the mods again and discovered to my joy that the modders beefed up dragons even more.

So now not only do the dragons have basically 1000x the hp (that's not an exaggeration, in fact I think it's more) and every single one of their attacks is more or less fatal, but they have some other tricks too. For example, they no longer automatically crash to the ground when below the hp threshold. Rather it's an RNG thing now with an extremely low chance of occuring. Secondly, almost all their actions emit shockwaves that will bowl you over like a FUS RO DAH if you're too close. So if you're nearby if they swipe at you, or land, or take off, or swoop by, or stomp their tails, you'll go flying.

There are tonnes of other things they do to, like call for reinforcements or have optimized attack animations, etc.

The end result is for my second dragon battle with my level 14 character, I dueled Sahloknir from Kynesgrove all the way to Windhelm in a battle that lasted literally two hours. The dragon could use disarm shockwaves too so I had to loot corpses for weapons to fight after I ran out of my own. I think in our wake, we depopulated an orc stronghold, several giant camps, and hordes of bandits and various villages and travelers.

Felt so good.

Here are the mods:

Dragon combat overhaul: http://www.canadaadultfun.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106428

Enhanced mighty dragons: http://erkeilmods.altervista.org/skyrim/enhanced-mighty-dragons/

You'll also need the mod that makes getting up after being knocked down faster: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17491/?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: September 22, 2013, 12:13:38 am »

I'd like to gain the ability to stand up to a Dragon's might while all others around me are swept away.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: September 22, 2013, 05:09:54 am »

The end result is for my second dragon battle with my level 14 character, I dueled Sahloknir from Kynesgrove all the way to Windhelm in a battle that lasted literally two hours.
I dunno man. That just sounds like fighting a mega man boss in first person... kind of a drag.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: September 22, 2013, 10:15:35 am »

I was just throwing around Fury at deer and hitting wolves with maces, like usual for my new character.

Then WHY IS THAT MAMMOTH IN MY FACE WHAT WHERE DID IT COME FROM. Fortunately, my mace didn't hit the thing.
Pages: 1 ... 623 624 [625] 626 627 ... 896