Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550065 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9420 on: December 05, 2013, 02:32:36 am »

And they've got all the gang back there, all the way down to Michael Mack playing Cyrus.

I would recommend reading this first, then this. The latter is the actual last time we've seen Cyrus, hehe.

Note that Tiber Septim's sword meeting with Cyrus is... a bit of a dense read compared to Lord Vivec's. An important detail I missed while reading it is...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: December 05, 2013, 03:19:29 am »

Interesting. I actually tried to play Redguard once, but apparently it's not completable in DOSbox due to emulation bugs.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: December 05, 2013, 03:53:41 am »

Interesting. I actually tried to play Redguard once, but apparently it's not completable in DOSbox due to emulation bugs.

Yeah. If anyone can get to play it, that would be muchly appreciated. There's some stuff about cannons that need screenshot confirmation.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: December 05, 2013, 04:12:38 am »

Yeah. If anyone can get to play it, that would be muchly appreciated. There's some stuff about cannons that need screenshot confirmation.
For that sort of thing, there are cracks. It's really more of a "the game crashes when you enter a certain area" kind of issue.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: December 05, 2013, 04:16:03 am »

Yes, it's Clavicus Vile's realm specifically that crashes, IIRC.

It's more a mild lore debate that could be solved with some confirmation in-game. I guess Kurt Kuhlmann or Michael Kirkbride would know a thing or two about their existence in-game, though, or some of the art asset designers.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: December 05, 2013, 04:32:31 am »

I wish the Sload would come back in some form in one of the games. Or the Lilmothiit. Or any of the Akaviri races. Heck, it'd be amusing to play an Imga. Or just a TES game set outside of Tamriel.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: December 05, 2013, 04:38:27 am »

I wish the Sload would come back in some form in one of the games. Or the Lilmothiit. Or any of the Akaviri races. Heck, it'd be amusing to play an Imga. Or just a TES game set outside of Tamriel.

Imga are mentioned in an ES:O text (though one about MarukhMaruhk), so that's something to look forward to.

Then again, an ES:O text also seems to be under the opinion that Senche are animals instead of a subspecies of Khajiit. You may also noticed that they consistently misspelled the name of the Imga (Marukh) who INVENTED AKATOSH there.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 04:42:26 am by Putnam »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: December 05, 2013, 04:49:02 am »

Didn't Oblivion significantly retcon / totally forget that there are more Khajiit than merely Senche?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: December 05, 2013, 07:06:58 am »

Didn't Oblivion significantly retcon / totally forget that there are more Khajiit than merely Senche?

No, and even if it did, it sucks, so it wouldn't count.

Yes, it's Clavicus Vile's realm specifically that crashes, IIRC.

It's more a mild lore debate that could be solved with some confirmation in-game. I guess Kurt Kuhlmann or Michael Kirkbride would know a thing or two about their existence in-game, though, or some of the art asset designers.

What, exactly? Because Daggerfall had cannons as well.
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: December 05, 2013, 02:29:34 pm »

Oblivion had some good lore in the expansions! Stuff like mantling was introduced in Shivering Isles (and mentioned by name, quite often) and Knights of the Nine introduced us to our second-favorite genocidal time-traveling killbot.

Were the cannons mentioned in books (which I do remember) or seen in-game?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: December 05, 2013, 05:50:35 pm »

They were seen ingame. Also, mantling is from Morrowind - that's what the Tribune did to Azura, Boethiah and Mephala. And Tiber Septim-Ancient Nord Spirit-Imperial Battle-Mage Guy-Dwemer Robot God (too tired to look up names :P ) did to Lorkhan.
Love, scriver~

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: December 05, 2013, 10:09:53 pm »

I wouldn't say the Tribunal mantled anybody. They didn't act like or try to be Azura, Boethiah, or Mephala, they just kind of marginalized them in Dunmer belief.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: December 05, 2013, 10:25:54 pm »

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention.

Coming this month.
Incidentally, is that actually real/recent/where does it say "this month"? That picture just says "coming soon".
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:47:17 pm by Sensei »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: December 05, 2013, 10:30:19 pm »

MK's been mentioning it alongside Christmas for the past month or so.

Yeah, it's real. Kirkbride's been posting about it all over. c0da.es is Kirkbride's site right now.
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 896