Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550003 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9465 on: December 07, 2013, 09:58:46 pm »

Pfft... scrub. Get on my necromancylevel.

Code: [Select]
fw 000C8220
killall
resurrect 000A2C94
prid 000A2C94
player.placeatme 000A2C8E 200
setrelationshiprank 5 for all 000A2C8Es

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9466 on: December 12, 2013, 08:32:28 am »

Oi, two things;

One:
To wear wolfskin, or not to wear wolfskin, that is the question.
Especially as a werewolf- is it kosher?

Two:
Does anyone have a list of loose ends/prophesies/references that connect oblivion & skyrim?
Like the 'rumors of rebellion in the summerset isles', or hints of an npc's fate.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: December 12, 2013, 02:59:42 pm »

Mostly just the Blades after the main quest talking about "taking up their old duties and waiting until the next Dragonborn arrives".

Most of the foreshadowing to Skyrim is in Greg Keyes novels and Michael Kirkbride texts. Morrowind had a shitload of foreshadowing to Oblivion compared to Oblivion's to Skyrim, though.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: December 12, 2013, 04:01:47 pm »

Does anyone have a list of loose ends/prophesies/references that connect oblivion & skyrim?
Like the 'rumors of rebellion in the summerset isles', or hints of an npc's fate.
-> http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Elder_Scrolls_Historical_References

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9469 on: December 12, 2013, 10:36:44 pm »

-> http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Elder_Scrolls_Historical_References
:D tyvm
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #9470 on: December 13, 2013, 01:36:11 pm »

Morrowind had a shitload of foreshadowing to Oblivion compared to Oblivion's to Skyrim, though.

Heck, Morrowind even had some very vague foreshadowing to Skyrim. Remember Wulf?
"The Emperor is getting old. Don't know how much longer he'll hang on. So is the whole Empire, for that matter. Getting old, that is. The Emperor and the legions have held the Empire together for hundreds of years. It's been a good thing, by and large. But maybe it's time for a change. Time for something young and new. What? No idea. Because I'm old. Old dog doesn't get new ideas. But maybe young folks like you should try some new ideas. I don't know. Could be messy. But change is never pretty."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: December 13, 2013, 01:37:27 pm »

...That's extremely hazy. It could have foreshadowed a thousand things.
Love, scriver~

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #9472 on: December 13, 2013, 01:48:02 pm »

Yeah, but throw in the rest of their Oblivion forshadowing and it makes it clear that Bethesda had it planned from Morrowind that the Septim Empire wouldn't survive the Oblivion Crisis. The whole dragon thing, only real forshadowing of that I can think of was in Oblivion with the crazy wood elf rambling about dragons.

Of course, given Oblivion was 6 years after Morrowind, Skyrim was 200 after Oblivion, it kinda makes sense Oblivion would have less obvious references to what they were planning for the next game.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:51:03 pm by MorleyDev »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: December 13, 2013, 01:57:51 pm »

That's a feature of foreshadowing. If it were clear they'd call it forexplaining or foredefining.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: December 13, 2013, 02:47:12 pm »

That was probably designed to foreshadow Oblivion.

I've been playing Skyrim again. Got a mod called Morrowloot.

It is the best mod ever made.

Changes leveled lists so that you'll only get up to steel from leveled creatures. Dwemer items and above can be found in places where you'll logically find them; the least spoilery one I can think of is Kodlak Whitemane's Ebony armor.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: December 13, 2013, 02:58:28 pm »

That makes sense. Except you should have the occasional 0.1% chance that a person has a piece of dwemer or something from a prior adventure. Isn't it funny how you wonder why some mods aren't part of the actual game?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: December 13, 2013, 03:01:03 pm »

That was probably designed to foreshadow Oblivion.

I've been playing Skyrim again. Got a mod called Morrowloot.

It is the best mod ever made.

Changes leveled lists so that you'll only get up to steel from leveled creatures. Dwemer items and above can be found in places where you'll logically find them; the least spoilery one I can think of is Kodlak Whitemane's Ebony armor.

Yes PLEASE. Skyrim tried to rationalize the godawfully stupid loot of Oblivion by saying "Oh well smiths have actually been making all this Dwemer and Daedric stuff by the bundle." Which raises the question of why we're not living in modern times in TES since apparently every blacksmith understands the secrets to Dwemer construction (and Orcish smithing).

Can we get a link?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: December 13, 2013, 03:42:45 pm »

Do want. Now if there was a sensible level cap on bandits, guards, and other non-hero NPCs, we'd be set. I guarantee that's actually a mod, because I know the capability exists to make it happen, but I don't know which one it is.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9479 on: December 13, 2013, 04:31:07 pm »

The whole dragon thing, only real forshadowing of that I can think of was in Oblivion with the crazy wood elf rambling about dragons.
Hrm? That wasn't mentioned on the page.

Yes PLEASE. Skyrim tried to rationalize the godawfully stupid loot of Oblivion by saying "Oh well smiths have actually been making all this Dwemer and Daedric stuff by the bundle." Which raises the question of why we're not living in modern times in TES since apparently every blacksmith understands the secrets to Dwemer construction (and Orcish smithing).

Well, you never actually see them make the stuff- you're only ever exposed to real 'smithed' weapons in cases like "Baalgruff's sword", and skyforge steel.

I'm just thankful the bandits don't quite become oblivion's glass & daedric-wielding mega-bandits. Jesus by the end of that game the bandits could have swept aside all of tamriel.

Do want. Now if there was a sensible level cap on bandits, guards, and other non-hero NPCs, we'd be set. I guarantee that's actually a mod, because I know the capability exists to make it happen, but I don't know which one it is.
I'd look under 'overhauls' on the nexus.

On the mod: it'd have to make other equipment exceedingly rare as well- not just weapons/armor but crap like loose dwemer cogs & the like. Doesn't make much sense for there to be fur-clad bandits hiding out in that dwemer ruin when said ruin has cartloads of superior arms & materials lying around.

I also suspect it isn't compatible with things like immersive armors?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:35:30 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 896