Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550141 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9480 on: December 13, 2013, 04:38:10 pm »

I use it with other stuff fine, though I do get the occasional merchant selling daedric bows with Sands of Time.

Also, I think MorleyDev was referring to Aldos Othran, who sings about Cliff Racers, which are related to Dragons mostly in that they're the reason Dragons never took hold in Vvardenfell.

EDIT: My Skyrim's updating.

steam what are u doin
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 04:44:59 pm by Putnam »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: December 13, 2013, 04:51:02 pm »

That was probably designed to foreshadow Oblivion.

I've been playing Skyrim again. Got a mod called Morrowloot.

It is the best mod ever made.

Changes leveled lists so that you'll only get up to steel from leveled creatures. Dwemer items and above can be found in places where you'll logically find them; the least spoilery one I can think of is Kodlak Whitemane's Ebony armor.

You, you.  My hero.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: December 13, 2013, 06:17:50 pm »

This is the version that allows you to craft all the rare stuff. I don't use it.

Here's the mod as normal, without the ability to craft anything above steel. You can still improve it all, of course.

Now, here's what I want.

Dwemer and Daedric should never be craftable, but anything that people actually forge should still be. However, you should actually have to learn from a master Orc smith to do orcish, and perhaps a master Dunmer smith to do ebony and glass.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: December 13, 2013, 06:46:17 pm »

and perhaps a master Dunmer smith to do ebony and glass.
Perhaps not only Dunmer smiths. Sirollus Saccus, from The Armorer's Challenge, could craft ebony items.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9484 on: December 13, 2013, 07:11:05 pm »

snip

Now, here's what I want.

Dwemer and Daedric should never be craftable, but anything that people actually forge should still be. However, you should actually have to learn from a master Orc smith to do orcish, and perhaps a master Dunmer smith to do ebony and glass.

If that were the case you'd have to keep dwarven stuff around leveled lists & ruins. Which I think ought to be done anyway.

Mmm, would use but I can't be assed to make it compatible with imm weapons/armor + it likely plays havoc with custom smithing trees.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: December 13, 2013, 07:59:02 pm »

Skyrim tried to rationalize the godawfully stupid loot of Oblivion by saying "Oh well smiths have actually been making all this Dwemer and Daedric stuff by the bundle."

Did it? I don't remember that. Where does it say that?

Morrowind had a shitload of foreshadowing to Oblivion compared to Oblivion's to Skyrim, though.

Um, such as? All I can remember is Caius Cosades mentioning that the Emperor's sons might be doppelgangers. Which Bethesda threw out the window by killing off said sons off-screen before the game even started. Heck, they even made sure that's literally the first piece of information you get in the game, Captain Pickard saying "my sons are dead, I know it". Which was basically a way of hammering home the point that "whatever you think you know about what's going to happen in this game is wrong".
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 08:04:55 pm by Sordid »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: December 13, 2013, 09:16:01 pm »

Morrowind had a shitload of foreshadowing to Oblivion compared to Oblivion's to Skyrim, though.

Um, such as? All I can remember is Caius Cosades mentioning that the Emperor's sons might be doppelgangers. Which Bethesda threw out the window by killing off said sons off-screen before the game even started. Heck, they even made sure that's literally the first piece of information you get in the game, Captain Pickard saying "my sons are dead, I know it". Which was basically a way of hammering home the point that "whatever you think you know about what's going to happen in this game is wrong".

Eno Romari in Tribunal says this:

Our beliefs are very simple, dear friend. The blessed Tribunal, though once filled with glory, are no longer the gods they once were. As with the tides and Tamriel's moons, all cosmic powers will wax and wane. But, when gods die, it creates ripples throughout the lands. The passing of the Three will be a prelude to the end of this era, and the beginning of the next. The followers of the End of Times are making ourselves ready for this to happen.
We realize that the end of the era will bring many changes. We believe that the gates of Oblivion will open, and the multitude of daedra will roam this world freely. Some might tell you that this is a good thing, that we are descended from the daedra and it will be a return to the natural order of things. I know differently, though. The coming age will be a time of great horror.
The Daedra Princes are not our ancestors. Nor are they our allies. They will wash over the land, destroying all that man and mer have built over these thousands of years. The only protection from this scourge will be our true ancestors that have gone before us and watch over us even now. Many of our followers choose to participate in the Cleansing, to prepare the way for the rest of us. It is a sacrifice to be sure, but it is for the greater good.
It is a glorious ritual, friend Nerevarine. Our followers cleanse themselves of all of their troubles, all of their burdens here on this earth. They send themselves ahead to the ancestors, spreading our word, making ready for when we shall all join them in our fight against the daedric hordes.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9487 on: December 14, 2013, 12:33:27 pm »

Man, you know what I miss? In Morrowind, you had to get all the ashlander tribes to follow you. To do that, you needed to get one of the tribal leaders a high-born Telvanni bride. So you go to a slave market, slather a high elf in Bug Musk, and throw 'er in the yurt and get out of there.

I like this sort of quest. It pleases me.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: December 14, 2013, 01:06:20 pm »

There was also the prophecy of Oddfrid White-Lip in Bloodmoon. To get it you need to complete a certain quest (The Sad Seer, I believe) after completeing the main Bloodmoon story. Otherwise Oddfrid talks about it instead. She gives a shortened version of the full one below.

When the dragon dies, the Empire dies.
    Where is the lost dragon's blood, the Empire's sire?
    And from the womb of the void, who shall stem the blood tide?
    So long as the Blood of the Dragon Prince runs strong in her rulers, the glory of the Empire shall extend in unbroken years.
    His heart's blood bleeds in darkness
    For once the portals are opened, who shall shut them upon the rising tide?
    For Lord Dagon forever reborn in blood and fire from the waters of Oblivion.
    Find him... and close shut the marble jaws of Oblivion.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: December 14, 2013, 01:34:13 pm »

How interesting, I completely forgot about these guys and their dialogue. Probably because they're minor characters, whereas Cosades was your boss and main source of information for a good portion of the game.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: December 15, 2013, 12:16:48 am »

Man, you know what I miss? In Morrowind, you had to get all the ashlander tribes to follow you. To do that, you needed to get one of the tribal leaders a high-born Telvanni bride. So you go to a slave market, slather a high elf in Bug Musk, and throw 'er in the yurt and get out of there.

I would probably wind up murderizing all the slavers and the tribal leader. I am, after all, an idealist.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: December 15, 2013, 12:39:44 am »

I would probably wind up murderizing all the slavers and the tribal leader. I am, after all, an idealist.

She is argueably living a better life.  The quest in question was for the ashkhan, or w.e. alpha warrior was called.  i think. Serious business, and she would get treated better by the tribes than telvanni.
Skyrim lost out on alot of good ethical descisions and racial tension.

Skyrim genned me Nimhe  under Markarth, she was the size of my torso and fell to her death.  Most dissapointing, although that mod to change the size/poisons seems to work fine . .
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:41:23 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: December 15, 2013, 03:52:23 pm »

Also, a Dark Elf, not a High Elf. Like most dunmer, the ashlanders aren't big on interracial marriages.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: December 15, 2013, 05:06:27 pm »

So morrowloot.  Mking dwarven longbows feel like the treasure.  Shards of whonow?  Silly game,I cant shoot that at people . . .
PKs DF Mod!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9494 on: December 15, 2013, 05:15:12 pm »

I'm just thankful the bandits don't quite become oblivion's glass & daedric-wielding mega-bandits. Jesus by the end of that game the bandits could have swept aside all of tamriel.

Quote from: Bandit
*Is wearing a set of armor and weapons worth about 10,000 gold*
Your money or your life! It'll cost you 100 gold to cross this bridge!
Guy must've really been saving up his money. Got to admire that. I killed him and captured his soul to fuel my magic weapons anyway.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634 635 ... 896