Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559335 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #9630 on: December 24, 2013, 08:21:27 pm »

I dunno, having an enemy that I could have killed with one more hit suddenly go "lolno, you hit the arbitrary health limit and now you die even though it should take me about 12 more hits to kill you" doesn't really break up monotony, just causes more of it.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: December 24, 2013, 08:27:32 pm »

I dunno, having an enemy that I could have killed with one more hit suddenly go "lolno, you hit the arbitrary health limit and now you die even though it should take me about 12 more hits to kill you" doesn't really break up monotony, just causes more of it.

I feel like I'm the only one who has never had this happen to me at anything above very little health. I play on the 360 version, but I doubt that would make the difference. ???
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9632 on: December 24, 2013, 08:36:26 pm »

So I adopted Alesan out of all the children in Skyrim, and I found out afterwards it turns out you can't give him stuff which is unique out of all the children in Skyrim. Should I feel bad for that every time he asks for a toy, or should I instead feel bad about downloading a mod to enable child slaying because I can't send him to the orphanage as far as I can tell?
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: December 24, 2013, 09:08:01 pm »

I feel like I'm the only one who has never had this happen to me at anything above very little health. I play on the 360 version, but I doubt that would make the difference. ???

Same here. The only time I ever got instakilled at more than 10% health was when fighting a summoned Dremora Lord at an extremely low level.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: December 24, 2013, 10:20:52 pm »

Been instakilled by many enemies who do barely any damage at ~50% health.

It's hard to tell because of the way the bars are displayed...

I'm using the 360 version, too.

What difficulty are you playing on? I've only ever been insta-killed once, and that was early on low level, on expert, trying to play a Stealth Archer fighting bandits. I was at very low health at the time too, so it wasn't a big shock. Then again, I rarely get into much trouble with combat anyway. I usually quickly get to a point on any given character where I'm beating the tar out of anything and everything on Expert, so it might be that.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: December 24, 2013, 11:21:37 pm »

I swear I have been K.O.'d at 60-70% on the Xbox version before. Usually, the culprit is a stupidly overpowered ebony hammer wielded by the most unlikely person to possess an ebony weapon; namely, a bandit.

Which, is like a common mugger running around with a solid gold machine gun with diamond studs and $100 bills hanging from it.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: December 24, 2013, 11:31:28 pm »

Usually, the culprit is a stupidly overpowered ebony hammer wielded by the most unlikely person to possess an ebony weapon; namely, a bandit.

I must be the luckiest bugger alive to play TES. I think I've encountered all of two bugs/strange occurences in my entire time of playing Skyrim. I don't have THESE sorts of shenanigans either.  :-\

EDIT: Well, three counting the time Modesiwhatever-that-argonians-name-was looked at me and said a random chatter line... right after looking for me to try to kill me, while I was hidden.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:36:27 pm by inEQUALITY »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: December 25, 2013, 12:12:01 am »

I swear I have been K.O.'d at 60-70% on the Xbox version before. Usually, the culprit is a stupidly overpowered ebony hammer wielded by the most unlikely person to possess an ebony weapon; namely, a bandit.

Which, is like a common mugger running around with a solid gold machine gun with diamond studs and $100 bills hanging from it.
You sure you weren't playing Oblivion?! Otherwise that's a damn lucky bandit.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9638 on: December 25, 2013, 12:26:18 am »

Same here. The only time I ever got instakilled at more than 10% health was when fighting a summoned Dremora Lord at an extremely low level.

Same same- only been OHK'd by dragons at ~30% health, otherwise it's when I'd've died anyway.
Figured it was related to the damage they deal.

Try this mod from the workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=134341793 it should disable all killmoves.
Thank you, this looks like exactly what I need to improve gameplay.  I honestly don't understand the thought process behind the inclusion of the kill-cam system anyway.
Here's the link for more slicy. Pertinent quote:
The following options are fully configurable:

-Killmove Chance
-Decapitation Chance
-Last Enemy Restriction
-Perk Restriction System
-Player Killmove Immunity
-Forced Perspective

You sure you weren't playing Oblivion?! Otherwise that's a damn lucky bandit.
Can they pickup weapons?

Btw merry christmas!
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: December 25, 2013, 12:28:31 am »

Yeah, I've been dropping swet rolls into every house I come across as a fatass Nord.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: December 25, 2013, 01:53:33 am »

So what do about Alesan? Is being able to give gifts to the childrens important in vanilla Skyrim or should I just ignore the bug? I don't need to give gifts to all of two allowed adopted childrens in the game, I won't feel bad for not doing it like I implied, but it would have been nice.

Also if you tell me I'll be passing up a Steam achievement or something trivial like that I'll probably have to find a way to 'replace' him just because the game is at that point implying I should do it.

Yeah, I've been dropping swet rolls into every house I come across as a fatass Nord.

What's that do? Or just a variation of item collection for funsies?

EDIT: From one of the strangely numerous Elder Scroll Wikis (damn/thank you ad revenue!)

Bugs

PC   360   It may be impossible to gift items such as daggers or food to Alesan, although he does still ask for presents. A message appears saying that the item is too heavy to carry.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 01:58:55 am by Duuvian »

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: December 25, 2013, 02:12:05 am »

This is a darned pity, if Alesan is the one running odd jobs in Dawnguard. As a self-made Dunmer risen from the depths of adversity, I could appreciate his initiative and undying determination to keep going despite having lost everything and everyone he held dear.

I had intended to have him educated in Solitude and later at the college, perhaps join the Legion when the war had settled down and take over my estates as the twilight years set in, and various Gods and Daedric lords began vying deviously for the soul they were promised. :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: December 25, 2013, 02:22:05 am »

Yeah, it's that guy. I adopted him because he was the second orphan I found after installing the children's room in the ol' Breezehome.

Spoiler: I just made this image (click to show/hide)

It's probably not exactly what he says but this way I didn't have to be accurate.

EDIT: I found this:

I have the same issue. Sofie is just not accepting anything. I can't read the error message in the top left hand corner appart from the words "heavy to carry" due to poor TV resolution. Anyone with access to the CK know what's going on? It's obviously not a one-off problem. None of my other characters have this problem (about 4 of them have adopted children). I dunno, you buy these things and they don't want them! Ungrateful kids :P AyaHawkeye (talk) 18:54, 25 September 2012 (GMT)

I had this exact same issue on PC. What I did to get around it is open the console, click on Alesan (should work on any child with the issue), and it should show " (#########) at the top indicating he/she is selected. Next, type "showinventory" without quotes and it will display all the items and quantities of each in the console. Go through the list and look for something fishy/extraordinary. In my case, it was Baskets (000ABD30), 536 of them! Once you find the offending item. Type "removeitem ######## $$$" where ######## is the ID of the item (showinventory should have included the ID with the name) and $$$ is the number to remove. In my case, "removeitem 000ABD30 536" did the trick. Two were magically re-added to his inventory but he still had enough free to accept gifts. --14:53, 14 October 2012 (GMT) FordGT90Concept

EDIT2: It turns out he is a basket case.  8)

EDIT3: It turns out he is not a basket case:

This being the first time ever using console except changing my character name to Arnold, I guess I'll try to remove the bad editor ID thing since that seems out of place.

EDIT4: What is going on? The following image is what showinventory showed after I reloaded the save:

Could it be alternating between displaying an 'adopted child' state and a 'wandering basket merchant' state?

EDIT5: I removed the baskets in my 3rd reload and he is accepting gifts. Kindergarten Cop has cured him! <Arnold weeps pixelated tears>

Detective John Kimble Arnold the Dragonborn: It's not a tumor! It's not a tumor. At all!

Detective John Kimble Arnold the Dragonborn: Well, I've got news for you. You are mine now. You belong to me.

Detective John Kimble
Arnold the Dragonborn: You should be reading stories about bears that go shopping!

Detective John Kimble Arnold the Dragonborn: Take your toy back to the carpet!

Detective John Kimble Arnold the Dragonborn: Stop whining! You kids are soft. You lack discipline.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 04:07:35 am by Duuvian »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: December 25, 2013, 03:43:29 am »

just so you know, always use this wiki

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: December 25, 2013, 04:05:56 am »

just so you know, always use this wiki

That's the one that saved me the trouble of finding a way to slay a fictional child, so I agree.

Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 896