Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550028 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10395 on: February 07, 2014, 05:48:00 pm »

Hmm, conjecture.
Which do you fellows think will hold more water: the human appearance of 'akaviri' ghosts in oblivion, or the contradicting claims calling them naga or serpents?

True, the ghosts' appearance was probably to skimp on making another bonafide race, but if they are indeed naga as the (dubious) history texts claim, wouldn't it have made more sense to use an argonian rather than an imperial?
I think Bethesda admitted they didn't want to make new models just for a few ghosts. Doesn't mean those ghosts are tsaesci though, could be the descendants of nedic people who went to Akavir for some reason (remember that the islands between Tamriel and Akavir are inhabited, it's not impossible that some nede went further east) that were assimilated into the tsaesci empire.

Unrelated question: where did the beastfolk come from?
Khajiiti are bosmer changed by Azura into cat people (the other account is them being aboriginals, but that's dull). Argonians, Sload, Imga and (extinct) Lilmothiit have always been around, at least since the Kalpa started.

NINJAEDIT:
Argonians are possibly related to giants. Or possibly the Hist are related to giants. They share a common ancestor or something, ancestor spirits distinct from the Mer. I don't know too much about it.
Nords claim in their myths (one of the fights of the aldudagga, actually) that they and the giants are related. While argonians and hist have a lot of things between each other, they have nothing to do with nords or giants. Based on the two novels, it seems that the hist have something to do with Oblivion, Clavicus Vile in special.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: February 07, 2014, 06:08:14 pm »

Argonians and Khajit are actually just lizards and cats that touched mutagenic ooze in a sewer. Which is to say, TES has Teenage Mutant Ninja Lizards/Cats. Also Bosmer are just short weirdos.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: February 07, 2014, 06:08:55 pm »

Khajiit themselves prefer the Aboriginal theory.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10398 on: February 07, 2014, 06:14:11 pm »

Khajiit themselves prefer the Aboriginal theory.
So would the orcs if not for having a patron daedra.

Mm, the entire legion in pale pass were nedic recruits? Even the famous general? Well I guess it could work..  :-\

They were just 'there'? Lame-o
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: February 07, 2014, 06:24:49 pm »

They could have been a slave army. The Tsaeci are known for keeping slaves.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: February 07, 2014, 06:25:53 pm »

Mm, the entire legion in pale pass were nedic recruits? Even the famous general? Well I guess it could work..  :-\
Mind you, this part is just speculation by me.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: February 07, 2014, 06:51:50 pm »

They were Wes Johnson and therefore Imperial, though...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: February 07, 2014, 07:50:07 pm »

I thought their commander had the redguard voice actor?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #10403 on: February 07, 2014, 08:11:12 pm »

He's listed as an imperial here.

Hmm, I suppose they may have thought it more important to have the upper body/face accurate than to convey their serpentine properties- they do say they have the upper torso of a man..
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: February 07, 2014, 08:12:48 pm »

He's listed as an imperial here.

Hmm, I suppose they may have thought it more important to have the upper body/face accurate than to convey their serpentine properties- they do say they have the upper torso of a man..
From the notes in that very same page:
Mishaxhi is implemented as an Imperial male (with ghost abilities). It is likely that the developers just left him as the default (Imperial) race since none of the Akaviri races are present in the game.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: February 07, 2014, 08:51:23 pm »

Weird. I remember him having the redguard voice actor, but I suppose the two aren't mutually exclusive.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: February 07, 2014, 09:52:21 pm »

I'm playing as a female Imperial today. I decided I needed some magery if I wanted to be a dragon-rider.

However, I have encountered a slight problem, mainly that my current strategy for survival is 'RUN LIKE HECK' whenever there's something too tough. And apparently, when you don't have fast travel (because Frostfall), Skyrim is suddenly filled with snowy sabre-cats!

That's adorable. Try escaping from The Chill, the Winterhold Prison with Frostfall active. Try it, its fuckhard.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: February 07, 2014, 11:36:11 pm »

Hmm, conjecture.
Which do you fellows think will hold more water: the human appearance of 'akaviri' ghosts in oblivion, or the contradicting claims calling them naga or serpents?

True, the ghosts' appearance was probably to skimp on making another bonafide race, but if they are indeed naga as the (dubious) history texts claim, wouldn't it have made more sense to use an argonian rather than an imperial?

I wager they'll stick with the eye-witness account from oblivion, rather than make them naga.

-Ok, tsaesci, but unless the monkey people invaded, same difference.

Akavir is a continent. The Akavir(i?) would be any race that lives in that continent. There could be humans/humanoids in Akavir, or maybe there were but not anymore, because the tsaesci ate them all. Maybe they were originally called the Akavir. Right now the Akavir is the collection of four races that rule it but that rule doesn't apply to ghosts that were called Akaviri before going extinct.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: February 07, 2014, 11:43:14 pm »

There are/were Akaviri men. Some say it's the tsaesci, some say there was another race that was eaten by them.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: February 08, 2014, 02:06:55 am »

Running Imp's More Complex Needs when, after a couple hours of spelunking, I find that I've contracted the "you cannot eat while in combat" glitch. Apparently, something on the other side of Tamriel has hexed me, and intends to take it's black revenge by seeing that I die of thirst.

Does anyone remember the console command to disengage the PC from combat? "Stopcombat" doesn't seem to work without a target...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:09:19 am by Ibid Straydrink »
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 896