Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558404 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10770 on: May 29, 2014, 07:43:55 pm »

Hehe, I'm just glad I remembered about it. I happened across that tip in some random forum post somewhere a while back while trawling for ways to safely uninstall a mod that I don't really remember. It's probably the single best thing that's ever happened to my experience with Bethesda RPGs. :))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10771 on: May 29, 2014, 08:19:20 pm »

Say, though, I noticed a lot of people blaming Bethesda for not including the line, so y'all know that SKSE is a mod, right?  Specifically, it's the Skyrim Script Extender, that little side thing that gets used in SkyUI and all that stuff.  SKSE.ini is a config file for it; the line doesn't work without the SKSE mod to read for it. 

That said, Bethesda should have put this kind of functionality in the core game, but there's a lot of stuff Bethesda should have done with the core game; much as I love SkyUI, it should never have been necessary to mod to get its functionality into the game. 

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10772 on: May 29, 2014, 08:28:08 pm »

Yeah, this is ultimately a solution to a problem mostly caused by mods. There should have been functionality like that in the core game, but that's in line behind scores of other things that are more important. Thousands, if you're counting each unfixed bug in the core game.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #10773 on: May 29, 2014, 09:01:14 pm »

My friend keeps praising the Dawnguard DLC to Skyrim, so is it worth the 20 buckazoids and the hassle to add money to my Xbox live account?
I know vampires and stuff and like a whole new big quest chain but that's around half of what I paid for Skyrim itself.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10774 on: May 29, 2014, 09:04:01 pm »

My friend keeps praising the Dawnguard DLC to Skyrim, so is it worth the 20 buckazoids and the hassle to add money to my Xbox live account?
I know vampires and stuff and like a whole new big quest chain but that's around half of what I paid for Skyrim itself.

From what my friend said. When he added Dawnguard to his Xbox360 Skyrim, it caused so many bugs and problems. And he kept losing all his saves. His saves always get corrupted after playing 100 hours on his characters...granted...it may not be Dawnguard and a coincidence...either way there you go.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10775 on: May 29, 2014, 09:44:27 pm »

The two DLCs are... nice. I would personally value them at about $5 apiece. The house one at a dollar. If you can get them at that price, then go for it.

Most of the bugs are fixed on PC due to our superior intellect and ability mod support.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10776 on: May 29, 2014, 09:46:53 pm »

Yeah, if you were to buy the DLC's I'd suggest getting it on the computer.  Mods are able to fix all the bugs and little dumb things.  Like Vampires still being ridiculously underpowered after Dawnguard ("Let's make a DLC all about Vampires!"  "They need to be good for early game."  "What about late?"  "What about it?").

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10777 on: May 29, 2014, 10:52:21 pm »

Yeah, if you were to buy the DLC's I'd suggest getting it on the computer.  Mods are able to fix all the bugs and little dumb things.  Like Vampires still being ridiculously underpowered after Dawnguard ("Let's make a DLC all about Vampires!"  "They need to be good for early game."  "What about late?"  "What about it?").

Yeah, my brother got rid of Vampire Lord on his playthrough because even vanilla werewolves were much better than late-game vampire lords, even with their 'no armor rating' bug.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10778 on: May 29, 2014, 11:20:17 pm »

That said, Bethesda should have put this kind of functionality in the core game, but there's a lot of stuff Bethesda should have done with the core game; much as I love SkyUI, it should never have been necessary to mod to get its functionality into the game.

Bethesda: We make 80%* of the game, so the modding community only has to finish 20% of the game to make it playable.   

*Bugfixes not included

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10779 on: May 29, 2014, 11:38:52 pm »

To be fair, it's a great system.

Very, very few big releases let you mod to the extent Bethesda allows you to. So you have to give credit to them.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10780 on: May 29, 2014, 11:52:39 pm »

Yes. Guards struck by lightning every time they spout that infamous line? Hell yeah. Replace the lower level destruction spells with wabbajack effect? Hell yeah. Goddamn Randy Savage dragons? HELL YEAH
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10781 on: May 30, 2014, 12:15:20 am »

Well...I finally found a balance for exteriors and dungeons. Interiors don't look that great sadly, but oh well. Outside and dungeons look amazing, and I spend most of game time out there anyway.

I didn't want a cartoony look. And the pretty much all grey that I had before wasn't that great either...until...

Enjoy guys :D

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/Vendayn/library/Skyrim/Epic%20Skyrim%20of%20Ultra%20Graphics/Desolate%20Skyrim
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10782 on: May 30, 2014, 07:02:42 am »

Snip

Well I don't know what you did, but there you go. That's a good graphics mod, it looks like "vanilla +" instead of "cartoony superbloom 4000" or "CoD realism in Skyrim"

Is it bad that I apparently never get into the "late" game?

Stupid C3S ((Chronic Character Creation Syndrome, which I'm still trying to make an actual thing :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10783 on: May 30, 2014, 10:39:17 am »

Yes. Guards struck by lightning every time they spout that infamous line? Hell yeah. Replace the lower level destruction spells with wabbajack effect? Hell yeah. Goddamn Randy Savage dragons? HELL YEAH
Macho man is going to burn you so much that you'll smell like bacon, OH YEAH!

BUT DUNMER
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10784 on: May 30, 2014, 05:11:24 pm »

Macho man is going to burn you so much that you'll smell like bacon, OH YEAH!

BUT DUNMER
I play a dunmer fighter, and let me tell you that Dunmer fire resist doesn't get you very far at level 40+...

but maybe I'm just a little dunm.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 717 718 [719] 720 721 ... 896