Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550132 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #10935 on: July 17, 2014, 10:15:58 pm »

Don't Thalmor comprise solely of Altmer? Who all (mostly) live on Summerset Isle. Or are any other races a part of their agenda?

Which actually...if it is Summerset isle in the next Elder Scrolls...and since not all Altmer (as far as I know) agree with the Thalmor

Anyone see another civil war Elder Scrolls :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: July 17, 2014, 10:18:19 pm »

Don't Thalmor comprise solely of Altmer? Who all (mostly) live on Summerset Isle. Or are any other races a part of their agenda?

Yes, the same way squares comprise solely of rectangles.

Which actually...if it is Summerset isle in the next Elder Scrolls...and since not all Altmer (as far as I know) agree with the Thalmor

The Thalmor could crush a rebellion unless the Psijics decided to help (which, considering the College questline in Skyrim, seems actually likely...).

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: July 17, 2014, 11:12:33 pm »

They technically blackmailed the Wood Elves to join them, Khajiit might have joined them i dont remember.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: July 18, 2014, 03:38:50 am »

While I appreciate the large number of locations on the Skyrim map, everything seemed really jammed together. I actually like traveling long distances between stuff as long as there are plentiful instant travel options like the carriage stops for when I don't feel like running. I'd support a larger map area to be able to spread things out with handsome scenery to ogle at in between while traveling.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: July 18, 2014, 06:21:34 am »

What's the location of the next Elder Scrolls game? What next Elder Scrolls game? Don't you know they decided to sell their souls and kill the franchise by putting everything into the MMO basket?

IF there is a next real Elder Scrolls game its probably gonna be a long way off while they milk the "pay 40 dollars for this COOL SWORD" market...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: July 18, 2014, 07:04:01 am »

That's not the case for, say, the Final Fantasy franchise. They have a pair of MMOs but still dole out single-player titles (however disappointing they might be).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: July 18, 2014, 08:09:49 am »

What's the location of the next Elder Scrolls game? What next Elder Scrolls game? Don't you know they decided to sell their souls and kill the franchise by putting everything into the MMO basket?

IF there is a next real Elder Scrolls game its probably gonna be a long way off while they milk the "pay 40 dollars for this COOL SWORD" market...
Sigh... people keep forgetting Bethesda the studio did not make the MMO. That was Zenimax Online. The MMO was published by Bethesda the publisher, which I guess is where people get the confusion from. Also, the MMO is ok, it's main fault is being too expensive.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: July 18, 2014, 09:29:27 am »

That's not the case for, say, the Final Fantasy franchise. They have a pair of MMOs but still dole out single-player titles (however disappointing they might be).

Ugh I KNOW. I played FFXIII: Lightning Does Some Stuff Again and it was... mediocre in the extreme.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: July 18, 2014, 09:44:11 am »

They technically blackmailed the Wood Elves to join them, Khajiit might have joined them i dont remember.
Yep, they "brought the moons back", so the Khajit signed on.  Also, there are definitely more than a few Altmer exiles in the Empire, people who were exiled by decree, fled due to disagreeing with the Thalmor's methods and reactionary policies, or people who just lost big in some power struggle.  You can actually find books by one of them in Skyrim, who was particularly vocal in their claims that the Thalmor were a threat to the Empire back before the big war, though he ascribes everything from mundane assassinations to the eruption of Red Mountain to their sinister plots. 

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: July 18, 2014, 09:50:43 am »

the ignorance is strong with this post.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10945 on: July 18, 2014, 10:00:18 am »

the ignorance is strong with this post.

I don't know, I sorta agree that they're going to try to squeeze as much as they can out of the ESO, especially as (from what I understand) it hasn't really lived up to expectations business wise. I know that they're different studios but I'm sure they get a cut of the profits. Releasing another Elder Scrolls game would basically make ESO pretty much forgotten, so I doubt we'll get one until mid way through this current gen cycle once everyone has finally moved over to Xbone and PS4.

I'm just really, really hoping/praying/sacrificingtodarkgods that they don't try to jam multiplayer into the next Elder Scrolls game.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: July 18, 2014, 10:23:31 am »

I think they'll keep their usual release schedule, which tends to be 4 years after the last game. I think that the studio has stated they are against multiplayer (which they actually tried in Battlespire) before.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: July 18, 2014, 11:57:04 am »

I think they'll keep their usual release schedule, which tends to be 4 years after the last game. I think that the studio has stated they are against multiplayer (which they actually tried in Battlespire) before.

That'd be less than a year ago, which I feel might be a bit soon, especially as a lot of people haven't made the jump onto next-gen consoles. I could imagine 5-6 years, although perhaps a new Fallout will come out sooner.

It could be that they're hoping they will be the thing that brings people onto new consoles though, which would probably get them a lot of influence with Microsoft/Sony.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: July 18, 2014, 01:54:58 pm »

Bethesda didn't make ESO and had very little part in it.

They in fact didn't support it or want it made at all. Probably want it to fail.

Zenimax and Bethesda may not be on good terms either in the background. So hopefully it works out for Bethesda.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: July 18, 2014, 02:00:14 pm »

That'd be less than a year ago, which I feel might be a bit soon, especially as a lot of people haven't made the jump onto next-gen consoles. I could imagine 5-6 years, although perhaps a new Fallout will come out sooner.
Their last game was Skyrim. Fallout 4 should be launching either late this year or, more likely, next year. Probably will be announced this Quakecon. Then on... 2018/2019 we'll get the next TES.
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 896