Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559381 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11025 on: August 10, 2014, 11:27:18 pm »

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: August 21, 2014, 01:47:39 am »

No, I didn't include that since I wouldn't use it.

And my hard drive died due to a nasty virus, so re-doing everything. Not a big deal, since I keep backups. But, my 7zip corrupted a few of the files when it was 7zipping in the main mod...so actually have to install each mod again (that I kept as backups as well).

Since I pretty much had to redo it all. Gave me time to get rid of some stuff and add new things. Some of the mods were causing strange issues, like some of the camp ones and new town/village mods. I went a bit more light on that. Many of the major quest mods are gone too, since many had a lot of navmesh issues according to TES edit.

Kind of a new mod overhaul, but much of it is the same. Anything with navmesh errors=I delete right away. Those cause way too many issues in the long run. One of the major issues I was running into in the last overhaul I was working on. Plays fine at first, but causes more and more problems.

I'll make a new list of what is in there. But pretty much what I posted is still the same...but quite a bit has changed.

Still going to be up next month. And probably not much of a delay either, seeing that I couldn't upload it this month anyway.

Playable dragon is hilarious though. Tranform into a dragon (pirate) and sail around on a ship with a motley crew :P That scare anyone in real life...a huge dragon commanding a pirate army on a wooden ship rofl.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: August 21, 2014, 07:09:34 am »

I think "Dragon Pirate: The Motleying" is a amazing concept for a game in and of itself.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: August 21, 2014, 07:17:53 am »

Are you posting a guide to how to make your mod build?

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: August 21, 2014, 09:30:40 pm »

Are you posting a guide to how to make your mod build?

Maybe later on for those who don't want to download the mod (which is coming out to be a pretty big size, 50gb or so for the entire Skyrim folder. And Skyrim is way less than that. I should be able to 7zip it down to 20-30 GB). It however, won't detail any of the merged mods used or what mods were cleaned. Cleaning is easy anyway, just do what LOOT says to clean.

I will however likely say what type of mods are good to merge and not to merge. I'm not likely to go into detail for each mod, as that is too much work for me :P So more modular that way instead of the more take it/leave it approach, but a lot more work to clean/merge and download each mod. But, that is definitely one way to go about it and easier for the person to not use whatever mods he/she doesn't want to use. Since the mod is coming out to be less modular than before.

And merging is probably the hardest, most delicate process. Merge one mod that is the wrong mod to merge...reinstall Skyrim :P

By the way, I ended up going for the Seasons of Skyrim Winter Edition. I like the look the best, and this is for me first and everyone else...5th :P if people enjoy it, great...if not...well I enjoy it :P

There is SoS Spring Edition now, makes it look rather Oblivion like. And a Summer Edition...which is more Oblivion like. But Winter I find to be the most pleasing...and saves quite a bit of FPS on my PC. Plus you get blowing snow, tons of cool effects, tons of blizzards and to be honest...while not his most popular edition...I think the most work went into that one.

I also went with ENB Bleak (which feel free to turn off in the mod)...but it goes 100% perfect with the Winter Edition...very...well...harsh, bleak feel to Skyrim. And it isn't actually that FPS intensive.

(edit: I will still be posting the list of mods used in the mod, before I actually upload it. The guide will come sometime after...which is whenever I feel like getting my ass on it :P)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:35:51 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: August 22, 2014, 12:33:32 am »

So, a little different hints/advice/tips for this overhaul for different things you can do.

You can be a bandit, and run your own crew. Rob people along the road, be a robin hood style character.

Be a predator (THE PREDATOR) and terrorize Skyrim...or/and be a Predator that transforms into a dragon that has a pirate ship with a motley crew...that finds colorful eggs...yeah a Predator that likes colorful eggs

Be a pedo in real life with the Monli pedo loli race with bouncy physic huge breasts, because something for everyone!

Be a hunter! Live in the wilderness and hunt, staying away from cities and living solely with villages and in the wild. Or! Be a druid! One with the animals...

Or are you a Necromancer? Strip the corpses of your victims...raise the corpse as the undead!

Be a treasure hunter! Many treasures to find throughout Skyrim...and eggs...but predators are best colorful easter egg hunters. ;P

Own property! Own all of Skyrim and make money money money!

Mount and Blade the best combat? NO! Skyrim now has the best melee combat of any game! You think Dark Souls is hard? HA! JOKE IS ON YOU!

Speaking of the easiness of Dark Souls...don't fight Dragons at a low level. Yeah...not punching bags anymore I can tell you that! I saw one destroy an entire Legion! And it started a forest fire that killed a rabbit...poor rabbit :(

Be a dragon yourself! Still don't fight dragons...but be a Dragon and be the terrorizer of Skyrim! Or a friendly dragon...a vegetarian dragon...that finds...COLORFUL EASTER EGGS!

EXPLORE MORROWIND WITH THE OPEN BORDERS OF SKYRIM!
AND HAMMERFELL!
AND WYRMSTOOTH!
AND ELSWEYR!
AND another one that I have yet to discover...FIND IT YOURSELF!

BE a part of the Aldmeri Dominion! OR FIGHT THE HORDES THAT ARE INVADING SKYRIM!

It is a three way war...no lame warcraft cloned factions. Back to the DAOC days with you! It is now...Stormcloaks, Imperials and Aldmeri! All fighting for control of Skyrim!

Become a Sims, through building and decorating a 100% customizable home...better than that DLC home...

AND SPEND LOTS OF MONEY! You will spend so much gold! YOU'LL BE BROKE!

And lastly...you will have to survive all this...in a cold...harsh...frozen wasteland...with hunger, battle injuries, sicknesses, the cold itself...

SO MUCH TO DO!

a full mod list will come...thought I'd post this for fun :P

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:50:19 am by Vendayn »

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: August 22, 2014, 06:28:00 am »

So you are making a md pack? Where are you going to host a file that size so people can download?

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: August 22, 2014, 06:41:27 am »

Is anyone else making a prebuilt modpack ? Skyrim step has instructions about how to make different, but none that are done.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: August 22, 2014, 06:42:24 am »

Mount and Blade the best combat? NO! Skyrim now has the best melee combat of any game!

This demands explanation.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: August 22, 2014, 08:49:11 pm »

I'll go into more detail as I test things. Had one thing break that kind of ruined things, but its fixed now.

I did have to pass on the merged mods for now...that was really finicky, and broke easily. I might try again, but probably not. Any mods with scripts break it, so not really optimal without a LOT of testing. And I think I'm more inclined to just skip it, because I just want to play.

But, it is now (finally) in testing stages. I'm aiming for a 24+ hour character to make sure everything works. Still may miss some things, but I mostly want to see any save corruption or any major bugs come during that time.

Also, the entire Skyrim folder is 51 GB...so quite a hefty size.

I aimed for the compilation on a few things: Aesthetics (though its more of a small part compared to everything else), exploration (new lands, treasure, dungeons, towns, hidden stuff), "class" enhancing mods (like hunter/druid/warrior etc) and survival/challenge/strategy/immersion.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: August 23, 2014, 12:51:36 am »

There will be a delay on the release.

Luckily my birthday is on the 26th.

My motherboard is 7 years old and is SUPER crappy. I think my motherboard has gone bad, and causing huge issues
My power supply is not that great
New ram time
New hard drive time (this isn't a hard drive issue, or it could be, but it would be due to the motherboard)

My computer has Alzheimers. Files are disappearing, system settings are being reset. My skyrim isn't being remembered, randomly all the settings/mods are deactivated or reset. My system files are being erased and re-downloaded through Windows updates.

No virus...my PC is just dying.

I'll be upgrading to an i7, more ram (I have 8gb) and faster ram and probably a regular hard drive since SSD is a bit expensive right now. I'll be upgrading my PSU too, which could be a problem.

I at this point, can't do much. My PC is getting more and more errors. Drivers are crashing (mostly video card drivers since I use it the most). My whole system is fucked up.

With that said...I have just backed up the entire Skyrim folder to a back up hard drive on a main server shared by the household. I backed up the documents folder too. I had to do this, because I could wake up tomorrow and find everything gone.

So, nothing will be lost. And Skyrim is in working order. But, I can't do anything until I get a new PC setup on the 26th (but there may be a few day delay in getting it up and running).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 01:00:38 am by Vendayn »

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: August 23, 2014, 01:23:08 am »

I don't want to rush uploading this compilation anyway. I want to make sure it all works fine. I'm sure some of you are really looking forward to it, but once it is released that is it...too hard to reupload a 50gb skyrim a 2nd time and doing all that work to upload it. I don't want to release a potentially buggy/broken mod comp to find out it didn't work and piss everyone off or potentially destroy PCs.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: August 23, 2014, 06:37:42 am »

Ven, please stop multiposting, there is a modify button so you can add more information to a post, you are really clogging up this thread.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: August 23, 2014, 02:09:58 pm »

Ven, please stop multiposting, there is a modify button so you can add more information to a post, you are really clogging up this thread.

On my phone usually when I post since my PC is dying. Every time I edit I have to redo it all because it resets the layout of the post and does weird things. Sorry about that.

Takes up to 45 min just to type it all. Its annoying when it resets everything when I edit. And it locks me out halfway through editing so I can't scroll when editing. So I have to type it again.

This forum does need a mobile version. But ah well. Sorry.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: August 24, 2014, 01:10:08 pm »

looking forward to this vendayne. Has anyone else done this? They have this for morrowind. As I said before there is a great site called 'Skyrim Step' has very detailed instructions for different mod packs, but you have to do them all yourself each time. I highly recommend you hook up here. I think they would be very interested in what you are doing.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page

http://forum.step-project.com/
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 896