Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558409 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11250 on: October 07, 2014, 07:34:56 pm »

Hot damn, do I want to go to Black Marsh.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11251 on: October 07, 2014, 07:35:15 pm »

Wtf...so a steam mod I had subscribed ages back.

Put over 14,000 (yes) scripts in my data folder. The mod? Well can't find it now, but it added 500 books...copyrighted books that is, wheel of time/lotr/star wars/warhammer..etc

Why author put that many scripts in a book mod...probably why it was removed. That and copyright...

Now my Skyrim is actually playable...and I keep the book mod that still works.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11252 on: October 07, 2014, 07:40:24 pm »

Just realized something.  Skyrim has basically a multiple choice event with its civil war.  When was the last time this was done?  Daggerfall.  What happened after?  The Warp in the West Dragon Break.  It dealt massive damage to Hammerfell and High Rock, and that was when there were more towers to keep the world stable...I hope you liked Skryim, because I don't think its going to survive to see the future...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11253 on: October 07, 2014, 07:42:28 pm »

Not entirely sure what exactly a "tower" is. Skyrim probably won't be as bad as Daggerfall. With Daggerfall, ~10 different factions conquered the same territory at once using Numidium. With Skyrim, there's just 2 factions. Might not wreak QUITE the same amount of dimensional havoc.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11254 on: October 07, 2014, 07:49:15 pm »

Not entirely sure what exactly a "tower" is. Skyrim probably won't be as bad as Daggerfall. With Daggerfall, ~10 different factions conquered the same territory at once using Numidium. With Skyrim, there's just 2 factions. Might not wreak QUITE the same amount of dimensional havoc.

The towers are what anchor the plane properly and keep it in existence.  At the end of Daggerfall (which I believe had only 5 endings), 6 were online (not counting the Numidium (Brass Tower), and if Yokuda's hadn't been transferred).  At the end of Skyrim, only 1 or 2 (depending on if the tower was in Vardenfell or is the Hist, and not counting the Snow Tower).

Hell, the Hist might be the only one left if it is, since Skyrim is the largest place of Talos worship, and that is what reinforces the Adamantine Tower.

Here's a link to the wiki page about the Towers
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11255 on: October 07, 2014, 07:52:59 pm »

Man, the Elder Scrolls universe is fucked.

Unless we get a game in which we get to save Nirn.

If so, I'd love if we could just, you know. Go to all the provinces.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11256 on: October 07, 2014, 07:53:23 pm »

They pull an ambiguity on us, and have Skyrim fall into chaos and complete ruin one way or another. I mean, it's not as if they're averse to destroying provinces you worked to save in one game between other games.

Makes me wonder what the Nerevarine has been doing for the past ~240 years. Probably bumming it around Akavir. If the Dragonborn pulls a Tiber Septim between games, that would mean we'd have 3 immortal former PCs.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11257 on: October 07, 2014, 07:55:41 pm »

...Who is the other one? Champion Of Cyro?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

starscream

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11258 on: October 07, 2014, 07:56:20 pm »

i was hoping for that, but instead they gave us a shitty mmorpg.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11259 on: October 07, 2014, 07:56:45 pm »

Eh. I've heard okay things.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11260 on: October 07, 2014, 07:57:40 pm »

...Who is the other one? Champion Of Cyro?

Yeah, canon is that he/she/it/them became Sheogorath after the old one relapsed.

i was hoping for that, but instead they gave us a shitty mmorpg.

I've heard its a decent MMORPG. Which isn't saying much.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11261 on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:06 pm »

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11262 on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:53 pm »

The towers are what anchor the plane properly and keep it in existence.  At the end of Daggerfall (which I believe had only 5 endings), 6 were online (not counting the Numidium (Brass Tower), and if Yokuda's hadn't been transferred).  At the end of Skyrim, only 1 or 2 (depending on if the tower was in Vardenfell or is the Hist, and not counting the Snow Tower).

Hell, the Hist might be the only one left if it is, since Skyrim is the largest place of Talos worship, and that is what reinforces the Adamantine Tower.

Here's a link to the wiki page about the Towers
Ada-mantia (adamantine), Walk-Brass (Numidium) and Snow-Throat (Throat of the World) are probably the only three left, from the count I'm keeping.

Also, use the UESP and Imperial Library rather than that wiki.

If the Dragonborn pulls a Tiber Septim between games, that would mean we'd have 3 immortal former PCs.
Unlikely. Tiber Septim was also Shezarrine, an avatar of Lorkhan. And achieved CHIM to boot. And, of course, we have no guarantees the Nerevarine survived Akavir, or even the trip to it. Corprus only protects you from aging. As far as main characters go, only the Hero of Kvatch got true immortality.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11263 on: October 07, 2014, 08:10:17 pm »

So I had a thought.  Let's go with the assumption that the Hist is the Green-Sap on this.  The Green-Sap's 'stone' is 'a fruit'.  What if fruit was a mistranslation or simplification of a word in the original language that meant more along the lines of 'came from a tree'.  What 'came from the trees' of the Hist?  Argonians.  Know something interesting?  The 'stones' are linked to their 'tower'.  The Argonians are linked to the Hist telepathically.  During the Oblivion Crisis, the Hist strengthened the Argonians to defend itself.

If the above is true, Elder Scrolls VI's main quest is going to be about saving two races from Genocide to prevent the world from falling into Oblivion.

Here's another thought.  Mundus is basically a playground for the Deadric Lords that they use for entertainment.  Without it, things would be significantly more boring.  Maybe part of the main quest will be calling the attention of the Deadric Lords to the imminent destruction of Mundus.  What if, by managing to get this to their attention, they send what they can to prevent this?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11264 on: October 07, 2014, 08:11:24 pm »

Remember that the laws of causality isn't our law of causality.

Elder Scrolls is fine.
Pages: 1 ... 749 750 [751] 752 753 ... 896