Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559146 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11295 on: October 13, 2014, 10:16:55 am »

Aye. Spoiler it, mayhap?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #11296 on: October 13, 2014, 10:55:55 am »

Just switched around the mods for Skyrim. Changed from SkyRe to Perky, which seems to be more balanced in regard to magic. (From a glance, I haven't played around with weapons enough yet.) Got a few more quest mods.

Also, the first quest in Wheels of Lull is really hard. My tactics:

-Console commands, tgm
-BURN AHAHAHAHAHA BUUUUUURN

Although that might have been because SkyRe too.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11297 on: October 13, 2014, 06:54:29 pm »

Right now I'm using a few utility mods like General Storage (with the cloud storage for Hearthfire homes or something with autosorting), Amazing Follower Tweaks (lets me set *everything* about my followers like gear, alternate dresses for home, and I think I can have up to 5 followers at the same time but I'm using just 2), the brawl bugs patch (apparently some other mods which add magic effects autofail the Brawling challenges), glowing ore veins. Also a spell to autoupgrade leveled items (like the prizes the Jarls give you) but I haven't used it yet.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11298 on: October 15, 2014, 11:45:52 pm »

Knocked my Skyrim back to vanilla again.

Gonna have to work with JUST Skyre and Immersive Armors 7 till I manage to mash them together JUST RIGHT. 10 hour installations are not something I'm prepared to make a regular event.

After I (hopefully) work that out I'll do another full install and cross my fingers that I'm not making some enormous, obvious script overwriting error or something with my installation order.

Also, apparently vanilla Skyrim has no scripts folder...this caused a bit of panic when I first looked at it....I've been modding this ALOT.

WHAT THE FUCK.
CONTROL GROUP BUGGIER THEN TEN HOUR MODSET.
THE CARRIAGE IN OPENING CUTSCENE FLIPPED OVER.
REPEATEDLY.
TRIED TO PUT IN ALTERNATE START, DOESN'T REGISTER, STILL CARRIAGE FLIP CITY.
GAME OFFICIALLY HAUNTED.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:25:45 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11299 on: October 16, 2014, 02:35:34 pm »

How sure are you that you have a clean install? Did you actually straight-up delete your Data folder? IIRC, Skyrim's own uninstall procedure doesn't touch mods.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11300 on: October 16, 2014, 06:33:57 pm »

Yes, I straight up deleted my data folder and then had steam "verify integrity"

So yeah, looks like I'm going to have to try this AGAIN.

Indeed, I do this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11301 on: October 18, 2014, 03:19:42 am »

One of my friends once had the carriage flip in a pure vanilla game, I think he even recorded it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11302 on: October 18, 2014, 03:22:11 am »

All of helgen can be really buggy on consoles too. Not entirely mod related.

Helgen uses TONS of scripts. Even unmodded console they break. Better to just avoid it lol.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11303 on: October 18, 2014, 07:39:41 am »

Hmm....I THINK I have an idea. Its so stupidly simple I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

Anyone know where/how to modify Immersive Armors values directly? I could just freaking MANUALLY type in the correct values for shit when it breaks.
It looks like it might need the Creation Kit, but I have that installed already (Though as for actually USING it....lol. The one time I tried I couldn't manage to LOAD THE SKYRIM FOLDER. I have the most anachronistic modding abilities ever.)

Secondary related question: Is it possible to modify the "default" values for different MCMs? I often find myself spending upwards of ten minutes just getting all the various settings the way I want them at the start of a new game.
Also if this is possible and I can fix the bugs I'm having I could totally pull a Vendayn and give you guys a compilation thing so you can enjoy the fruits of my labors as well.

Indeed, I do this.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11304 on: October 18, 2014, 08:20:50 am »

Modding Skyrim is such a headache—it's terrible. I haven't even bothered installing Skyrim and my mods again since my old computer was stolen, and it's probably just as well. I'm just slightly disappointed that even with all of the super-cool mods Skyrim has, there is nothing that can repair the lacklustre story :/

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11305 on: October 18, 2014, 09:19:59 am »

In Creation Kit related news, apparently I don't know how to double click.

This was the major thing stopping me from being able to use this.

I am retarded.

Indeed, I do this.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #11306 on: October 18, 2014, 11:14:07 am »

I just decided to use a non-SkyRe mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12862/?

It's worked a lot better for me than SkyRe has, and since its only out-of-perk edits are a single spell (IIRC, may be a couple more), it's much more compatible with other mods.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11307 on: October 18, 2014, 11:48:53 am »

But I LOVE SkyRe
I don't WANT a different perk mod. :(

Anyway, I think I've determined what the problem was.

I didn't actually have the Reproccer.

I only had the .esp from the SkyRe downloader, assumed it was the whole thing.
Much arg is currently ensuing.

So, now that I ACTUALLY HAVE THE REPROCCER, I am having a problem with it (of course :P) specifically, it doesn't think I have the skyre_main file...even though its like three spaces below it.
Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong NOW? My best guess is its looking in the wrong place for stuffs, but I don't know how to set the path for this thing, only options it gives are "patch" and "don't patch" which is frustrating.

Indeed, I do this.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11308 on: October 18, 2014, 01:46:54 pm »

But I LOVE SkyRe
I don't WANT a different perk mod. :(

Anyway, I think I've determined what the problem was.

I didn't actually have the Reproccer.

I only had the .esp from the SkyRe downloader, assumed it was the whole thing.
Much arg is currently ensuing.

So, now that I ACTUALLY HAVE THE REPROCCER, I am having a problem with it (of course :P) specifically, it doesn't think I have the skyre_main file...even though its like three spaces below it.
Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong NOW? My best guess is its looking in the wrong place for stuffs, but I don't know how to set the path for this thing, only options it gives are "patch" and "don't patch" which is frustrating.
Subdirectory ReProccer should be put in is \Data\SkyProc Patchers\T3nd0_ReProccer, which should be preserved by the zipped file. 

Also, there are also other significant compatibility issues with Immersive Armor and certain other mods that won't be resolved by ReProccer alone.  I use this massive compatibility patch, which helps with Immersive Armor, Immersive Weapons, Immersive Creatures, CCOR, CCOand a bunch of other mods that I don't actually use, but thankfully don't need to actually install since it's all modular. 

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11309 on: October 18, 2014, 03:56:54 pm »

I want a mod that lets me punch ore veins.
Pages: 1 ... 752 753 [754] 755 756 ... 896