Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558306 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11565 on: November 04, 2014, 09:25:08 am »

A dunmer, eking out a pitiful existence amongst the hopeless ruins of Morrowind, moves to Windhelm after hearing stories of wealth and success from his cousin

BEEG NORDIC TEETIES COUSIN! :P
ULFRIC, LET'S GO BOWLING

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11566 on: November 04, 2014, 10:22:21 am »

...Pretty much. But I just can't seem to dislodge the idea now that it's struck me, though goodness knows how that happened in the first place.

Interesting idea for a mod: remove the entire story, all named characters (keep only a few for story reasons, such as cutscenes or special missions) and turn Skyrim into a GTA clone. Grand Theft Horse/Dragon? Fill the entire countryside with respawning no-name NPCs and add horses everywhere and change the Bounty mechanics for a Wanted Level mechanic.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 10:27:33 am by Sergius »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11567 on: November 04, 2014, 10:27:52 am »

...Pretty much. But I just can't seem to dislodge the idea now that it's struck me, though goodness knows how that happened in the first place.

Interesting idea for a mod: remove the entire story, all named characters (keep only a few for story reasons) and turn Skyrim into a GTA clone. Grand Theft Horse/Dragon? Fill the entire countryside with respawning no-name NPCs and add horses everywhere and change the Bounty mechanics for a Wanted Level mechanic.

Also, lots of ramps to catch sweet air off of. The guards need to double up on their mounts.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11568 on: November 04, 2014, 11:13:58 am »

Interesting idea for a mod: remove the entire story, all named characters (keep only a few for story reasons) and turn Skyrim into a GTA clone. Grand Theft Horse/Dragon? Fill the entire countryside with respawning no-name NPCs and add horses everywhere and change the Bounty mechanics for a Wanted Level mechanic.

Also, lots of ramps to catch sweet air off of. The guards need to double up on their mounts.
I would play the fuck out of this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11569 on: November 04, 2014, 12:05:30 pm »

Why would you need ramps? There's plenty of cliffs around.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: November 04, 2014, 12:16:48 pm »

As a GTA clone there need to be races, too.  Along the cliffs.  Cliff races, you could say.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: November 04, 2014, 01:33:02 pm »

You know what? This sounds like it could be good material for a screenshot LP. A heavily modded and console-commanded screenshot LP. Or a Machinima. I think it's time to begin the first stages of development hell.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: November 04, 2014, 02:39:08 pm »

You know what? This sounds like it could be good material for a screenshot LP. A heavily modded and console-commanded screenshot LP. Or a Machinima. I think it's time to begin the first stages of development hell.

If Machinima, could exploit Garry's Mod with Skyrim assets, possibly.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: November 04, 2014, 09:05:07 pm »

I switched from Live Another Life to Skyrim Unbound

Live Another Life ended up being more Live The Same Life...because with certain mods and skyrim in general...NPCs and jarls get really bugged if you don't do the helgen quest. So every character I ever made always (no matter the start with LAL) ran right to helgen and did it right away so no npcs, scripts, mods etc etc broke the game from ignoring helgen.

Unbound looks vastly more superior. And way better for RP, because you don't have to be dragonborn at all. Which LAL may have RP backstories with its starts...it ends up being the same in the end.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11574 on: November 07, 2014, 11:04:56 pm »

Decided to play Skyrim again today. Made my character a bosmer with the intention of being a hunter. Live another life decides to give me the shipwreck start, which seems to happen about 80% of the time when I choose random. So I swim to Dawnstar, buy a bow and arrows and spend the night at the inn. Now, while I'm at the inn I accidentally pick up a wooden plate while trying to talk to somebody. I immediately realize my mistake and drop the plate, but it's too late and the accusations of "THIEF" start echoing around the room. Then a guard barges in and forces me to pay my 1 gold bounty. I then head south, thinking that was the end of it and soon forgetting the whole incident.

Three days later in Morthal I'm cornered by three heavily armed thugs who try to kill me. Having used up most of my ammunition while hunting the previous day, and having only a useless dagger as a backup weapon, I barely make it out alive. The only way I survived was by getting help from a guy I beat in a fistfight, thereby making him my friend. I find a letter calling me a thief from whoever was trying to kill me, but it has a name I don't recognize. I look it up on the wiki and it turns out that the maid, not even the owner but the damn MAID, from the Dawnstar inn paid three mercenarys to murder me. Because a one septim plank of wood was in my inventory for half a second.

I'm now tempted to walk back to Dawnstar and assassinate her, even if it means probably freezing to death. Then I'll steal the whole town's wooden plates, just because.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11575 on: November 07, 2014, 11:24:13 pm »

Brilliant, man! that was a good story.

In my Skyrim news, I've found the 'Take Notes!' mod is damn near integral to immersion. It's quite fun to write from my character's perspective.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11576 on: November 07, 2014, 11:42:34 pm »

Using Imp's More Complex Whatevers and Frostfall makes a very dangerous Skyrim to hunt in. And I love it so much~~
I should use the Notes mod, that sounds really cool. And hilarious, considering I'm playing a nigh-on illiterate character :P
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11577 on: November 08, 2014, 12:17:03 am »

Using Imp's More Complex Whatevers and Frostfall makes a very dangerous Skyrim to hunt in. And I love it so much~~
I should use the Notes mod, that sounds really cool. And hilarious, considering I'm playing a nigh-on illiterate character :P

You could write something like that Troll in Oblivion you find beneath the bridge.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11578 on: November 08, 2014, 01:01:50 am »

The marketstalls in Riften seem ripe for looting, but be cautious, friends.

The first time I tried, I felt eyes on me from somewhere.  I kept sneaking around the market stand, but couldn't find them.  Then from out of nowhere is Mjoll, Riften's self-appointed protector.  She's practically on top of me, just looking down with the most deadpan expression.  Having been out-stealthed by a nord warrior, I slink off in shame.

Two nights later I'm in the market again when someone calls "STOP, THIEF".  I jump, but it's just one of the NPC thieves being stupid again.  I use the distraction to unlock the display case.  But I can't actually reach any of the jewelry while sneaking...  Screwit, I pop up and grab it all quickly.  *Someone* sees me of course, but I hop into the water and enter the Ratway.  (I usually enter through that brief tunnel section and exit via the secret graveyard passage).  Awesome, free and clear.  I sell all the loot to the fence in the Ragged Flagon.  Then I head to see Mercer in the Cistern, except...

4 guards are waiting for me.  They must have come from the Cistern, which I think means using the secret graveyard entrance.  Now that's a fair cop.  I pay off the guard to ignore my bounty, and they cheerfully start milling around the guild planning center.  Mercer yells at me for burning too many bee hives, name-dropping Maven Blackbriar...  Just a few feet away a guard stands stands knee-deep in cistern water, quaffing from a mug.

I know the guild has fallen on hard times, but jeez.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: November 08, 2014, 03:06:54 am »

Three days later in Morthal I'm cornered by three heavily armed thugs who try to kill me. Having used up most of my ammunition while hunting the previous day, and having only a useless dagger as a backup weapon, I barely make it out alive. The only way I survived was by getting help from a guy I beat in a fistfight, thereby making him my friend. I find a letter calling me a thief from whoever was trying to kill me, but it has a name I don't recognize. I look it up on the wiki and it turns out that the maid, not even the owner but the damn MAID, from the Dawnstar inn paid three mercenarys to murder me. Because a one septim plank of wood was in my inventory for half a second.

You may be playing Skyrim, but all the townsfolk think they are playing CK2.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 770 771 [772] 773 774 ... 896