Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1550093 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #11880 on: March 01, 2015, 08:29:02 pm »

I thought SkyRe was dead and replaced with a bunch of more specific mods by the author.

Which, btw, would be very good and I'm glad about.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11881 on: March 01, 2015, 09:10:11 pm »

Good news, everyone! NMM v.0.60 is currently in alpha. It supports mod profiles.

Perfect timing, really, given the thread's current subject.

And yes, the new version of SkyRe is Perkus Maximus.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11882 on: March 01, 2015, 09:20:36 pm »

Okay, so if I want to make Skyrim niiice and immersive...

What mods should I get? LIST AWAY, GOOD PEOPLE! :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11883 on: March 01, 2015, 10:10:46 pm »

Related: I've been meaning to restart Skyrim. What mods do people like for fixing up the magic system? I'm especially interested in anything that adds spell-crafting, but anything the improves the experience is welcome.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't have the DLC, unfortunately. So mods that don't rely on it would be great.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:14:05 pm by Oneir »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11884 on: March 01, 2015, 10:13:33 pm »

There's only one spellcrafting mod, and it's wonky.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11885 on: March 01, 2015, 10:13:56 pm »

Related: I've been meaning to restart Skyrim. What mods do people like for fixing up the magic system? I'm especially interested in anything that adds spell-crafting, but anything the improves the experience is welcome.
Here's a starting point for both of you.

3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11886 on: March 03, 2015, 05:08:21 am »

SPERG is a pretty nice perk overhaul that keeps a mostly vanilla feel

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11887 on: March 03, 2015, 06:11:55 am »

Guys.
I've finally gotten the balls to play SkyRE.

Should I uninstall all my mods, first? For safety reasons? In fact, what do you guys recommend I get to go with SkyRe? Note I like my immersion.

As Putnam mentioned; I believe SkyRe has been more or less replaced with "Perkus Maximus" by the mod developer.
SkyRe and Perkus Maximus should run fine with any other mods, as long as they don't change similar things like the perk trees. Neither SkyRe or Perksu Maximus change the Werewolf or Vampire Lord trees so it is fine to use mods that do that.

Immersion mods should all work fine with SkyRe as they mostly only change textures, effects and the like. Whether the immersive mods are compatible with each other is another matter however.

That was all ordered by LooT I believe.

Remember with "Perkus Maximus" that there is a patcher that you need to run before running the game proper. It places it in the Skyrim folder "SkyProc Patches".

Oh, I also have a tool called ENBoost from ENB series that helps Skyrim use more RAM. I don't use it to increase the graphics of the game itself, just the memory increase.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11888 on: March 03, 2015, 03:44:51 pm »

Here's a starting point for both of you.

Ah! Thanks for that. It's still a little bit like drinking from a firehose, but that's several steps up from trying to drink the entire freaking ocean.

SPERG is a pretty nice perk overhaul that keeps a mostly vanilla feel
Oo, this looks neat. I think I'll start with this once I have some free time.
Oh, I also have a tool called ENBoost from ENB series that helps Skyrim use more RAM. I don't use it to increase the graphics of the game itself, just the memory increase.
Now that you mention it, what's the state of non-crashy performance-enhancers for Skyrim? Like, say, one that could help my so-so laptop run it at slightly less nostalgic graphics settings? Especially considering I'm going to be sticking SPERG and its requirements on top.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11889 on: March 03, 2015, 03:47:55 pm »

I used SPERG on my most recent playthrough. It's much less intrusive than perkus maximus/skyre and preserves a largely vanilla feel while still making everything worth taking. I especially love how some perk lines impact other skills, like fire affinity in destruction magic making you a slightly better blacksmith and causing random fire damage procs on melee attacks, or illusion perks which silence all of your spellcasting.

At high level alteration your armor spells become toggles rather than refresh/timer based and they level your alteration skill further when in use, and there is a perk level at high alteration to grant permanent waterbreathing

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11890 on: March 03, 2015, 04:56:14 pm »

Ooh, I'd not heard of SPERG. I think I'll give that a shot on a new character -- my original is too invested in a bunch of different mods that affect similar things, and I don't want to spend hours fixing everything in console after a conversion.

3. Run Resize Enable

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11891 on: March 03, 2015, 09:07:36 pm »

I used SPERG on my most recent playthrough. It's much less intrusive than perkus maximus/skyre and preserves a largely vanilla feel while still making everything worth taking. I especially love how some perk lines impact other skills, like fire affinity in destruction magic making you a slightly better blacksmith and causing random fire damage procs on melee attacks, or illusion perks which silence all of your spellcasting.

At high level alteration your armor spells become toggles rather than refresh/timer based and they level your alteration skill further when in use, and there is a perk level at high alteration to grant permanent waterbreathing

Yeah, it looks really neat. I'm sort of wondering what it's going to do to difficulty--but it's not like I was playing on a particularly high difficulty before, so there's some flexibility there.

Personally, I enjoy that Shouts level Speech, and you can use 'superior debate technique' to shut down other peoples' shouts.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11892 on: March 03, 2015, 09:30:31 pm »

If you want a way to make the game more difficult without just increasing numbers, try this. Even if you don't want to use mods to make combat more directly difficult, that can make vanilla enemy AI more interesting to fight against.

3. Run Resize Enable

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11893 on: March 03, 2015, 10:09:47 pm »

I am considering a mostly vanilla play through with that AI mod plus OBIS and SPERG as well as possibly a few other mods like interesting NPCs

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11894 on: March 03, 2015, 11:01:34 pm »

I have really enjoyed Interesting NPCs. Their stories are usually pretty good, sometimes you can make companions out of them. There's the occasional clunker (guy in the Riften place where bums live, is trying to hard to sound deadly and smooth you can't make out a word of what he's saying.)

I was soso on who I'd met and stuff until I met Dar'ilon. Then I kinda started paying more attention.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 896