Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559273 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12300 on: August 18, 2015, 04:17:27 pm »

That's the really unfortunate part, I can only think of maybe one half-decent model texture mod that isn't built for one of the pervy racemods, and only maybe 2-3 good armor mods under the same limitations. >.>

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12301 on: August 18, 2015, 04:20:46 pm »

That's the really unfortunate part, I can only think of maybe one half-decent model texture mod that isn't built for one of the pervy racemods, and only maybe 2-3 good armor mods under the same limitations. >.>

yeah, that is. And barely any male mods either compared to the 1 million and 20 female ones.

That is why (well a big reason) in future bethesda games and other games in general, I'm sticking with a male character, get a few mods like I said, and enjoy the game for what it is and accomplish stuff.

That is what I did in Fallout 3, I got like 40-50 mods...maybe not even that much...and had a blast. In fallout NV I have about 20-30 and its a lot of fun and really challenging

I just did all that work to re-make a character that I always dream about. It was worth it, but a lot of the races/clothes are rather...well not family friendly...I'd much rather play a male in Skyrim and have fun playing it. But in the end, I wanted to make my character and it just ended up taking way too much time lol.

I'll never spend all that time modding again for any game ever :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12302 on: August 19, 2015, 11:57:35 am »

Been using the Heroic Form one, just because I want at least some muscles, for verisimilitude's sake, on my dragon-slaying superwarrior even if she happens to be a she. Comes with a neat optional armor replacer that also reduces sexual dimorphism in armor designs. Of course, it's still got full frontal nudity, so it might well qualify as pervy. Which one were you referring to?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12303 on: August 19, 2015, 02:25:17 pm »

Been using the Heroic Form one, just because I want at least some muscles, for verisimilitude's sake, on my dragon-slaying superwarrior even if she happens to be a she. Comes with a neat optional armor replacer that also reduces sexual dimorphism in armor designs. Of course, it's still got full frontal nudity, so it might well qualify as pervy. Which one were you referring to?
If you splice together Xenius' three main mods, you can get a pretty decent improvement over vanilla; combine with the hair mod of your choice. There's also a vanilla super-HD texture pack, but it's male-only and doesn't include beastfolk.

I don't particularly think less of people for using racemods, though -- I'd admit that the authors tend to do a good job on them, and a lot of people pretty much exclusively make armors for them (though most of those armors are shit). Thankfully, however, the best three of those work for vanilla.

3. Run Resize Enable

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12304 on: August 30, 2015, 09:12:48 am »

I'm not sure if this applies here but... it's just something that I found while screwing on internets on my Golden Throne.
In the intro of TESA: Redguard, you can see five books on a shelf. First four are named after the four first TES games (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion), and the fifth one is something else than Skyrim (can't decypher though, it's still something, considering it's 1998). That means they have planned everything. It also means there won't be TES VI, so we're doomed.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12305 on: August 30, 2015, 09:54:25 am »

They'll just have to make space on the bookshelf. Skyrim was way to popular for Bethesda to leave it at that.
Black lives matter.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12306 on: August 30, 2015, 10:37:39 am »

I've never played Redguard but I just had a look at the intro and indeed it seems to be so. The 5th book seems to start with something like "RON---DELL" or something. Volenfell seems close to that but the letters, as blurry as they are, don't seem to match that as I rather certainly see the first letter as an "R".
It wouldn't be Redguard as in the cinematic the books of "The Elder Scrolls Adventures" are on the next bookcase over.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 10:42:58 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12307 on: August 30, 2015, 10:44:28 am »

It's The Elder Scrolls: Romanelli. It makes no sense in universe though, I think.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12308 on: August 30, 2015, 11:14:57 am »

It's The Elder Scrolls: Romanelli. It makes no sense in universe though, I think.

Seems so. From further reading, people seem to say that it was a placeholder name. Still, it is nice to see such planning and goes to show further the depth of the lore behind the Elder Scrolls series.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12309 on: September 27, 2015, 09:35:50 pm »

Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12310 on: September 27, 2015, 10:25:28 pm »

3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12311 on: October 19, 2015, 12:28:02 am »

Ok, so I just downloaded T3ndo's new Perkus Maximus and as always, I am doing a manual install. I've encountered a bit of a problem however, as I'm not really sure where to put the patcher thing that you need to run the thing. I had a similar problem with the Reproccer way back when and one of you guys helped me, but I forgot where this kinda stuff goes. Its apparently not in Data that's for sure :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12312 on: October 19, 2015, 01:11:35 am »

Maybe in just the Skyrim base folder? I have very vague memories of  the mod possibly adding folders outside of the Data folder.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12313 on: October 19, 2015, 06:14:38 am »

Maybe in just the Skyrim base folder? I have very vague memories of  the mod possibly adding folders outside of the Data folder.
That's not it either.

It adds a folder called "Skyproc Patchers" and I remember you have to put it somewhere specific, but don't remember where.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12314 on: October 19, 2015, 06:31:44 am »

I might be able to help, as long as your problem isn't solved by 3 PM.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 819 820 [821] 822 823 ... 896