Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558462 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12555 on: March 23, 2016, 12:16:01 pm »

Hmm, not sure if I should go Vampire Lord or Dawnguard.
Spoiler: Actual Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12556 on: March 23, 2016, 01:36:21 pm »

Hmm, not sure if I should go Vampire Lord or Dawnguard.
Spoiler: Actual Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Strictly speaking, going Vampire Lord is better for mages since vampire spells scale of magic skills.
Joining the Dawnguard gives you access to crossbows, and quests that let you make improved crossbows among other things. It's a nice ranged alternative if you don't want to use magic but don't want to spend too many perks on archery.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12557 on: March 23, 2016, 04:55:58 pm »

thanks for noticing, fixed the enumerations.

as for the discussion on Dawnguard Vs Volkihar.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12558 on: March 23, 2016, 05:15:07 pm »

In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12559 on: March 23, 2016, 05:39:11 pm »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12560 on: March 23, 2016, 06:08:10 pm »

really?, the wiki has lied to me all these years then e.e, dem thalmor must have been trolling me...

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12561 on: March 23, 2016, 06:12:13 pm »

oh right, the trolls, and the armory. the Dawnguard has some of the best designs for heavy armor i've seen in the game. right on point with the Blades or the Morrowind designs..

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12562 on: March 23, 2016, 06:25:39 pm »

I strolled around in Dawnguard Heavy Armour (even if at that point I could have stuff 92394923492393249 times better) and shoot Vampires with crossbows. I had best fun playing as fantasy commando with stealth but not afraid to chop people up with an axe when it comes to that. I really liked Dawnguard, and Isran is a cool guy, despite being an asshole. I mean, he gets his head out of his arse if you get vampirized somehow and kinda tolerates Serana. Meanwhile Harkon is literally Vampire Hitler. The rest of his gang seems slightly better, but yeah, the whole human cattle shit is pretty bad... and I always had a soft spot for HFY, so Dawnguard 4 lyfe. Also fucking huskies so fucking cute oh my god come to me let's snuggle wooof wooof cute doggie ;-; .

And remember, sleep is for the weak.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12563 on: March 23, 2016, 06:56:13 pm »

man that's sort of lame since i dont really want to be hitler in this playthrough but heavy armor and crossbows are sort of useless to me :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12564 on: March 23, 2016, 06:59:40 pm »

man that's sort of lame since i dont really want to be hitler in this playthrough but heavy armor and crossbows are sort of useless to me :v
They also have cool looking not-heavy armour. The heavy version is basically more bulkier with PAULDRONS and helmet that doesn't suck cocks. They also have huskies. You can play Dawnguard whatever you want tho, I even tried to become background healer for my squad but I got a bit angry over AI issues after a while so...
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12565 on: March 23, 2016, 07:34:50 pm »

Furthemore, keep in mind the DLC also adds the aetherium quest chain, started with the Aetherium Wars book. There is one in the ruins of the vigilants' base, near Windhelm. You can also find them elsewhere.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12566 on: March 24, 2016, 04:50:39 am »

really?, the wiki has lied to me all these years then e.e, dem thalmor must have been trolling me...

I'm reasonably sure the wiki article has always said that She'll return when talked to after the quest is complete without saying it only applied to picking one side.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Beggars` Sect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12567 on: March 24, 2016, 06:57:02 am »

I see...dead animals. Not all of them...mainly chickens in the first village and some odd deer here and there. But there are also live ones like rabbits or cows.

It`s kind of disconcerting...and confusing. I`m worried it might be a bug since I`m playing on a GSYNC monitor locked to 100Hz framerate and refresh - and as we know going over 60 is bound to cause trouble. However, I had massive problems with glitching animals when  I was going over 100Hz - after locking to this rate these stopped.

So now just unsure what`s up: a mod conflict? A natural Skyrim ecosystem with some killer fox on the loose? Any ideas?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12568 on: March 27, 2016, 08:02:11 pm »

Furthemore, keep in mind the DLC also adds the aetherium quest chain, started with the Aetherium Wars book. There is one in the ruins of the vigilants' base, near Windhelm. You can also find them elsewhere.

the only thing i find annoying with the Aetherium Wars is that the questline is bugged unless you start it reading the book. i had to reset a character in order to do it right.

and the rewards arent really worth. i like the staff, but in higher lvls it kinda gets off. specially compared to other summons, the Dwarven Sphere is good for some matches, but most of the time a Dremora Lord gets the job done without much effort.

but anyways.

tried a Redguard Vampire gameplay, the first mission you get from the vampires is funny. mostly the setting, i dont want to spoil anything.
got as much as getting the Moth Priest. then scrapped the gameplay, it was getting boring.

i dont know what to play tbh. started a nord axeman, want to test how good are one handed axes. my main issue with the game right now is trying to find a way to level without getting bored of repeating content. i've visited most places in the time i have played the game.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12569 on: March 27, 2016, 09:07:44 pm »

and the rewards arent really worth.
Zephyr is arguably the best bow until you get Auriel's bow, because it's significantly faster than regular bows (mostly due to the bugged way speed bonuses work). The staff is fun, but not really that useful. The shield is eh. The crown is a second standing stone bonus (some of which are pretty ridiculous), and you can still benefit from custom fit because you can wear certain headgear with it.

i dont know what to play tbh. started a nord axeman, want to test how good are one handed axes. my main issue with the game right now is trying to find a way to level without getting bored of repeating content. i've visited most places in the time i have played the game.
Bleeding damage from the perk is pretty meh to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 836 837 [838] 839 840 ... 896