Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559196 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12705 on: August 14, 2016, 02:38:05 am »

i don't think dragons were born, and i don't think they're going to be in any more elder scrolls games for a while
same for the dragonborn
Black lives matter.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12706 on: August 14, 2016, 03:36:04 am »

I could see more Dragonborn happening around, but proably 99% of them won't know how to use Thu'um. I mean, with Blades being around again and stuff...
As for the Imperial vs Stormcloak...
Imperium all the way all the day, crush the shitty redneck rebels and then go assasinate Emperor and then you could proably become one yourself. I mean, with Blades around and stuff, you could proably get shitton of support from common people because YOU DA DRAGONBORN and you just helped Skyrim stay in Imperium. You just need to deal with Thalmor and then happily rule the world.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12707 on: August 14, 2016, 03:41:26 am »

Honestly...

Storm Cloaks Versus the Imperials...

Is like asking who would win between a fight between the Knights Templar and the French Army.

The Stormcloaks have at most what? 100, 1000 members? Versus a continent spanning empire.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12708 on: August 14, 2016, 04:23:26 am »

I don't much care for the Imperials, either. Every other line out of a generic soldier's mouth is "GEE I SURE LOVE KILLING STORMCLOAKS. CAN'T WAIT TO KILL MORE. KILL. KILL."

Not getting to spare Ulfric is bullshit, too. You should be able to capture him and talk to him later in prison, maybe give him some actual character moments since you see him all of two or three times in the whole game if you join the Imperials.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12709 on: August 14, 2016, 04:32:36 am »

Honestly...

Is like asking who would win between a fight between the Knights Templar and the French Army.

The Stormcloaks have at most what? 100, 1000 members? Versus a continent spanning empire.
Eh, though you can't trust the numbers you actually see in an Elder Scrolls Game...  I'm sure the Stormcloak rebellion is much larger than pictured, much as Skyrim is actually like 300 miles across.  And the Empire isn't exactly at the height of its power, having recently lost to the Nazi Elves and struggling to maintain territory.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12710 on: August 14, 2016, 04:50:15 am »

And the Empire isn't exactly at the height of its power, having recently lost to the Nazi Elves and struggling to maintain territory.
AFAIK the problem is not that they lost per se, they signed up the White Gold Concordat (if they lost it would be much worse, instead they made concessions which are about as bad (no Talos, control over some parts of Hammerfell, disbanding the Blades) as what Thalmor demanded before The Great War) because... Nazi Elves and Empire fought to a standstill and wrecked each other in one of battles so neither has an army you would expect them to have. This is great time for any kind of rebelions, since it's possible to muster an army that is as big as whatever Empire can throw at you without moving troops from other provinces.

So yeah, it's not like Stormcloaks will be crushed by Nazi Elves army if they manage to win with Emprie, because Nazi Elves don't have that amount of troops too.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12711 on: August 14, 2016, 06:58:01 am »

Yeah, by the end of the war, the Empire was literally down to less than half of what it was - only Cyrodil, High Rock, Orsinium, and Skyrim were left, and I'm not 100% sure about Orsinium. Summerset Island was the first place to break away, being where the Aldmeri Dominion started, and they invaded Valenwood and Elsweyr(and are busy going Auschwitz on both). The Empire had to release Hammerfell, Black Marsh, and Morrowind. Hammerfell actually pushed the Dominion back, much to the embarrassment to the Empire, while Black Marsh rolled into Morrowind and was doing to the Dunmer what the Thalmor were doing to the Bosmer... and that was before Red Mountain exploded.

As far as I know, the Aldmeri Dominion probably does have an army comparable to the Empire and Skyrim, and part of the Thalmor's plan is to draw the civil war out long enough to exhaust both sides so they can roll over them both. Also remember that Thalmor soldiers tend to have decent-quality Elven armor(which is a bit better than either Imperial or Stormcloak armor if I recall) and often toss magic around pretty hard, whereas the Imperials and Stormcloaks lack the infrastructure(and racial proclivity) to train an effective force of battlemages due to the former's collapse of the Mages' Guild and the latter's general distrust of magic.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12712 on: August 14, 2016, 07:08:29 am »

The Stormcloaks dislike magic? Why is their leader a dude that infamously used a dead dragon language to explode a guy in his own house?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12713 on: August 14, 2016, 07:21:49 am »

...That's bit different than magic. You don't spend magical power using Shouts.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12714 on: August 14, 2016, 07:34:23 am »

"Dead" dragon language is okay because it's basically shouting at people so hard you make them explode while chopping other people with dual-wield axes and that is manly.
Regular magic requires you to run around in brightly coloured dresses so you can do complicated things with your fingers to shoot some flames out of them and that's not manly.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12715 on: August 14, 2016, 07:58:45 am »

Oh, that's easy. Most magic in Elder Scrolls is some form of music.

The Dwemer used tonal architecture, resonating with reality to evoke change.

The Dragons use the Thu'um, shouting their intent at reality until it conforms (shouts are definitely musical, see the Skyrim theme).

The Sword-Singers sing their weapons into existence and use them in battle.

Spellwork is dancing, and that definitely ain't manly.

(At the lowest level, you're doing the Tamriel equivalent of the "I don't know how to dance" sort of dance, the Tamriel version of foot-shuffling, where you just sort of put your hand forward, then by master level you're making sweeping motions. Marukh is the most powerful mage (and best dancer) in history, danced hard enough to change the time dragon, which is impressive since he's a gorilla.)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12716 on: August 14, 2016, 08:06:09 am »

today in TES lore is batshit fucking insane

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12717 on: August 14, 2016, 08:10:17 am »

More like TES lore as usual.
It's nice and fine western fantasy just on the outside, the more obscure you get the crazier it is.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12718 on: August 14, 2016, 08:23:45 am »

I am going to make a prediction. Now that we have one Dragon Born

We are probably going to be seeing a lot more of them from now on :P
The main character of this game is called the last dragonborn.

Honestly...

Eh, though you can't trust the numbers you actually see in an Elder Scrolls Game...  I'm sure the Stormcloak rebellion is much larger than pictured, much as Skyrim is actually like 300 miles across.  And the Empire isn't exactly at the height of its power, having recently lost to the Nazi Elves and struggling to maintain territory.
Everything is compressed. Tamriel itself is supposed to be slightly bigger than Asia.

Nazi Elves
Only the middle and lower ranks of the Thalmor are Nazi Elves. The actual objective of the Thalmor isn't elven supremacy, but to undo creation so that everything becomes like it was before Lorkhan talked everyone into making Mundus.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12719 on: August 14, 2016, 09:20:59 am »

I am going to make a prediction. Now that we have one Dragon Born

We are probably going to be seeing a lot more of them from now on :P

Especially my character, who I've modded so he wears an amulet of Mara 24/7. And always has Blessing of Dibella ((Also known as the Wokka-Wokka effect))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 846 847 [848] 849 850 ... 896