Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558915 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12810 on: August 17, 2016, 01:45:37 am »

I wouldn't blame people for not being super into Redguard. It's definitely the outlier.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12811 on: August 17, 2016, 03:40:35 am »

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm about to as soon as it's done downloading from an...... unspecified non-official source.

I've read the GOG release has performance problems because it's the 3DFX version.

EDIT:

I got Redguard working, and man what a chore. What kind of madman distributes a Windows-only installer for a DOS game?

Either way, it looks like it was pretty cool for a 90's 3D adventure game. The controls are a bit stiff and clunky, but functional for the time. I'll probably play it more at some point.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:01:21 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12812 on: August 17, 2016, 06:38:03 am »

In other Skyrim-ish news, that huge mod/game Enderal has finally been released. Won't have time to try it for a day or two yet, but it looks pretty interesting.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #12813 on: August 17, 2016, 07:16:54 am »

Yeah the bird folk still exsist. Khajiit are a magical split from bosmer, like the orcs.
I personaly want to see the magical talking 'house cats' that assist Khajiit in missions and everyday life.
The next elder scrolls game should be on the massive mainland north of skyrim (forgot name) it seems like such an adventure, sea beasts on the way, vampire snakemen that killed every human, great Khajiit.
If the beggining is a colonisation of the land and you are just one of the migrants/ship staff, sea beast attacks fleet boom you are awashed on shore with a buch of others.
Have one really annoying, a la adoring man fan.
Have every shop/inn trader etc as a species we dont identify as, slugmen, dwemer, great Khajiit, the bird race a city of savage xenophobic humans... oh wait skyrim did that
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12814 on: August 17, 2016, 07:24:14 am »

Id like for them to have a village being invaded by Sload, kinda like Lovecrafts's Shadow of Innsmouth. I think for all the deities in Skyrim, its the ones we know least about that really creep me out. Like Sithis. Sithis is basically Nyarlothelp.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12815 on: August 17, 2016, 07:30:35 am »

Id like for them to have a village being invaded by Sload, kinda like Lovecrafts's Shadow of Innsmouth. I think for all the deities in Skyrim, its the ones we know least about that really creep me out. Like Sithis. Sithis is basically Nyarlothelp.
Sithis is just the will/consciousness of Padomay, who is literally Change and the brother and counterpart of Anu (Stasis). Neither of them is Et'Ada and both are the closest to actual gods in the setting rather than Really Powerful Beings.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12816 on: August 17, 2016, 07:30:55 am »

Sithis is the god of the gods, he created them by imagining. He is stasis the minor gods should not exsist in his mind.
His symbol is of a skull
He is literally nothingness, the same stasis that creates and eventually converges.
Now you know

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12817 on: August 17, 2016, 07:37:43 am »

Sithis is the god of the gods, he created them by imagining. He is stasis the minor gods should not exsist in his mind.
His symbol is of a skull
He is literally nothingness, the same stasis that creates and eventually converges.
Now you know
What? No. Anu is the Godhead.

Anu had a brother, Padomay, and a girlfriend, Nirn. Padomay kills Nirn, Anu and Padomay fight, Anu goes off to mourn and dream of a world.

In this world, he is Stasis and his brother is Change. They fight again and from their interplay Anui-el and Sithis arise, as well as all Et'Ada.

When something is Anuic, they are aligned with Stasis. Auri-El and Jyggalag are strongly Anuic. When something is Padomaic, they are aligned with Change. Lorkhan and Sheogorath are strongly Padomaic.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12818 on: August 17, 2016, 07:47:06 am »

How dare you deny my religion!
I'll have you know im an ice cream haired bosmer with over 300 in destruction magic, I have over 367 confirmed summons and 5 million gold peices sitting in a tiny wooden box somewhere!
You have no clue I can kill you at any moment, as of now I am divining your location and creating a portal!
After you lay dead ragdolling I will strip you naked and place you in sexually explicit poses with a headless zombie...
Then I will use you as a puppet to mine stone.

In all seriousness I realised I had fucked up the godhead chain. I didnt bother to edit because I knew some loser would correct me =)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12819 on: August 17, 2016, 07:55:30 am »

Excuse me, I'm a winner.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12820 on: August 17, 2016, 10:51:03 am »

Isn't Nirn also the world? Are we infesting a god's dead girlfriend's corpse?

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12821 on: August 17, 2016, 11:00:15 am »

So are the moons, I believe. It's fun looking up at them on a lovely night and contemplating how they are parts of a divine carcass.

I also think that the stars are holes into the Aetherium, left behind when the Aedra (the good gods with temples in the Empire's cities) gave up their physical existances. Astronomy in Tamriel must be fascinating.

Of course, everything in TES lore is 'I think' to me. That's rather part of the charm, having just a vague idea of what is what. In most games, the lore is straight-forward, perfectly true and very clearly laid-out and explained. Things in the Elder Scrolls are much more unclear, and I like that. It's fun feeling a bit clueless when you're playing, a hero caught up in something much bigger than them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12822 on: August 17, 2016, 11:04:19 am »

Isn't Nirn also the world? Are we infesting a god's dead girlfriend's corpse?
That's never really cleared up.

So are the moons, I believe. It's fun looking up at them on a lovely night and contemplating how they are parts of a divine carcass.

I also think that the stars are holes into the Aetherium, left behind when the Aedra (the good gods with temples in the Empire's cities) gave up their physical existances. Astronomy in Tamriel must be fascinating.

Of course, everything in TES lore is 'I think' to me. That's rather part of the charm, having just a vague idea of what is what. In most games, the lore is straight-forward, perfectly true and very clearly laid-out and explained. Things in the Elder Scrolls are much more unclear, and I like that. It's fun feeling a bit clueless when you're playing, a hero caught up in something much bigger than them.
Mostly correct. Stars are the holes left by the Magna Ge (Magnus' followers, his own exit created the sun) who said "fuck this shit, I'm out" when they found out they'd become mortal if they kept doing what they were doing.

The Aedra themselves are the various other plane(t)s in Mundus, with Oblivion and its plane(t)s being the space between them. By the by, keep in mind that Nirn and Mundus have finite size and mass, but the various aedric and daedric plane(t)s don't. This includes the moons (Lorkhan's body).

Also, "good".

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12823 on: August 17, 2016, 11:06:39 am »

Yes, good mostly out of inactivity, truth be told.

I... Think I see. It's even trippier than I thought. Luvverly!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12824 on: August 17, 2016, 11:56:10 am »

Note: Don't play Enderal as if it's Skyrim.

And since I'm being fair, something about Trump.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 853 854 [855] 856 857 ... 896