Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1558581 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12855 on: August 19, 2016, 12:45:55 pm »

being viable as a destruction mage is ez. level enchanting to 100, make destruction spells free. i guess apocalypse mod pack helps, since it gives me awesome spells like scattershock which stunlocks anything that isn't literally immune to stuns (which you can cast forever with free spells), and chain lighting which is lightning bolt but better because it does more damage, can't miss, and can hit multiple enemies.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 12:48:02 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12856 on: August 19, 2016, 12:58:17 pm »

miauw2: You mentioned a mod pack? I have not played skyrim in about 2 years. I was modding it alot and following skyrim STEP. It got tiresome doing it all myself. There were not any mod packs back then. Where are the mod packs? Are you referring to the mod packs on STEP that you have to manually install?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12857 on: August 19, 2016, 03:37:42 pm »

Ah, my bad. I ment apocalypse SPELL pack, not mod pack.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12858 on: August 19, 2016, 04:01:49 pm »

So I finally managed to download Enderal and am currently trying it out.

First thought: Were the movement controls of Skyrim really this bad?

Second thought: Magic is really very much more powerful that weapons at this stage.

Over all I am positively impressioned! I just killed a big goat and it was fun.
Love, scriver~

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12859 on: August 19, 2016, 04:36:36 pm »

Linear Warriors, Quadratic Wizards... Cubic Stealth-Based classes.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12860 on: August 19, 2016, 04:46:53 pm »

Yeah, magic is a bit powerful in early Enderal, but there's some drawbacks. Elementalism seems like a safe bet, raw damage and insofar no downsides that I've seen. Light magic, particularly Boon(basic heal) will make your Arcane Fever worse, while some Entropy spells(so far I've found a non-elemental direct damage spell that does this) drain your HP as well as magic.

One of the more difficult parts about getting more skills is that you have to buy(or less often, find) skill books and eat them(yes, they're listed as food). Since I haven't come across a vast pile of money yet, this really curbs growth, especially since you'll likely also need money for food and inns - food provides passive health regen out of combat, good since potions are bad for anything but emergencies while you'll need a bed(some are available in the wilds or elsewhere) to sleep to recover HP.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12861 on: August 19, 2016, 05:48:13 pm »

The whole mechanic where healing spells are bad (arcane fever) seems a bit silly when you can just stuff yourself with 30 pumpkins to heal

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12862 on: August 19, 2016, 05:59:15 pm »

So, is there a reason around certain lighting there is a slight glow around my character (mostly in the head area), only when using ENB? It is also far more noticeable in screenshots than in-game for some reason.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12863 on: August 19, 2016, 06:06:24 pm »

Might be a passive enchant effect. Most status thingies in vanilla Skyrim got a visual effect on the PC's body, for a while. Oblivion did the same, only those glow fields never wore off if you had enchanted armour equippped.

Could also be a graphics hickup. Check out the documentaion if it bothers you.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12864 on: August 19, 2016, 06:08:05 pm »

Might be a passive enchant effect. Most status thingies in vanilla Skyrim got a visual effect on the PC's body, for a while. Oblivion did the same, only those glow fields never wore off if you had enchanted armour equippped.

Could also be a graphics hickup. Check out the documentaion if it bothers you.

No effect. It happens only when ENB is active and if I'm standing near fire. Very noticeable inside inns. I can stand near other light sources or outside, and it doesn't happen.

Guess if no one here knows, I'll have to do some research when I get on my PC
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12865 on: August 19, 2016, 06:25:53 pm »

Spoiler: Enderal skill books (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12866 on: August 19, 2016, 06:48:56 pm »

Yes, give it some research. Might be a lighting bug, and it's well worth notifying the devs.

The inn-thing tells me it's a trouble with a certain kind of light-source, since the ambient lighting is fine. If the household fireplace effect is effecting your game in ways vanilla Skyrim isn't, I think the devs might need to hear of it.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12867 on: August 20, 2016, 01:04:36 am »

I kinda fixed it with "facelight" mod. It removes the glow around fires and lights up the character in dark places, making the character look better anyway.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/623869/?

Again, as a warning, she is an anime waifu character. :P I know last time I posted my older character, some people got kinda annoyed. That and I kinda posted too often. So I'll keep screenshot postings after this one, 1-2 times a week to two weeks (depending how active thread is). Don't want to spam up the thread like I did before.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 01:14:51 am by Vendayn »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #12868 on: August 20, 2016, 07:43:09 am »

Yeah the bird folk still exsist. Khajiit are a magical split from bosmer, like the orcs.
The Orcs weren't a split from the bosmer, they were their own tribe of mer prior to their transformation into Orcs.

The next elder scrolls game should be on the massive mainland north of skyrim (forgot name) it seems like such an adventure, sea beasts on the way, vampire snakemen that killed every human, great Khajiit.
You are conflating two different continents there. Atmora to the north, was where the Nede race of man went after the races of man came into existence at the Throat of the World. The Nede's returned to Tamriel in multiple waves, cross-breeding with the Direnni elves in High Rock to form the Bretons, cross-breeding with other races of man while under Ayleid slavery to form the Cyrodiils(Imperials) and were the ancestors of the Nords. By mid-Third Era however Atmora had perished under the "Frost Fall" causing the entire continent to become an uninhabited frozen waste.

Akavir to the east, is where the vampiric serpents(Tsaesci), Monkey-men(Tang Mo), Tiger-men(Ka Po' Tun) and snow-demons(Kamal) live. Both the Tsaesci and the Kamal have launched invasions of Tamriel and Akavir has in turn been invaded by the Empire, while the Ka Po' Tun wish to invade Tamriel but want to wait until they have defeated the Tsaesci first. Akavir is also where the Nerevarine lead an expedition to just prior to the Oblivion crisis and the eruption of Red Mountain. If precedent is followed and the canonical Nerevarine was a Dunmer, they could well still be running around Akavir.

I know it was done as an april fools joke a couple of years ago, but I'd be interested in Akavir being the setting for the next game, or possibly the one after if the next focuses on the Thalmor threat, as it has the potential to have some genuinely new things.

Id like for them to have a village being invaded by Sload, kinda like Lovecrafts's Shadow of Innsmouth. I think for all the deities in Skyrim, its the ones we know least about that really creep me out. Like Sithis. Sithis is basically Nyarlothelp.
We kind of had that in Oblivion with the village of Hackdirt.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #12869 on: August 20, 2016, 07:53:50 am »

If precedent is followed and the canonical Nerevarine was a Dunmer, they could well still be running around Akavir.
Why he would have to be a Dunmer to be still alive? Am I missing something?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 856 857 [858] 859 860 ... 896