Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1559141 times)

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #13125 on: December 13, 2016, 02:44:00 pm »

So, I slotted in Ordinator, and by God, is not Ordinator a well behaved little mod? It was perfectly easy to install, it refunded my perks without a murmur and seems to be very light and agile despite its complexity. I am having a wonderful time with my karate-cat, prowling and beating up all that I survey. Indeed, I think I am doing more damage with my hands than I do with daggers and swords. And that is just one build, I rather look forward towards diving into Restoration some time.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13126 on: December 13, 2016, 02:44:46 pm »

@Urist
Really though!  While back my SO was complaining about how hard it was to make money in Skyrim and I was like... "Really?  Just pick up herbs as you trek around, then brew them".  And that's even without stealing valuables from shops at night, which I barely bothered with.

Except in Riften, because the shops are... out in the open, bizarrely...  Or is that bazaarely? :P

But alchemy is better than theft, because it unlocks buffs to literally everything.  There's a little trial and error (or wiki-research I guess) involved, but honestly not much compared to the benefits!  Straight damage increase, yes pls.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13127 on: December 13, 2016, 03:01:37 pm »

Break into the lucrative Tamriel pharmaceutical market, and never go hungry and gemless again.

I remember modding in a little head office for my cat pharma business in Oblivion many years ago. It was rather fitting, considering how much money that brought in. Of course, that was when you could name your potions, but that is a feature I can live without, provided they make me the fat cat money.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13128 on: December 13, 2016, 06:46:34 pm »

Yeah, I've got a bad habit of sitting in Whiterun every game and levelling Alchemy, Smithing and Enchanting to about 50 each before actually going out and adventuring. Screw the Jarl and his stinking dragon problem, I've gotta get my chem cook on!

Playing as a chem-warrior is good fun though. Extensive use of poisons makes fights against stuff other than undead and constructs a cinch. Without question my favourite three items in the game are canis roots, imp stools and swamp fungal pods. Poison of paralysis is incredibly overpowered.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13129 on: December 13, 2016, 08:57:27 pm »

Always Whiterun, that place is just so convenient for when you are in an industrious mood. With the Immersive Armour mod slotted in, I always end up investing in Smithing, and also end up doing my smithing in the dead of night at Adrianne's forge. It has everything I need, and at night, she is not there to glare at me, trying to get some of her own smithing done at her own forge.

Then, there is Arcadia the potion shop owner, who can only watch helplessly as I barge in, occupy her laboratory and then sell her crateloads of cheap old potions and vanish with all her gold.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13130 on: December 13, 2016, 09:17:24 pm »

Bonus points if you visit Farengar first, deliver his frost salts, then clean out half of Arcadia's stock for free since you're her 'friend'.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13131 on: December 17, 2016, 03:30:09 am »

Holy carp, the special edition is really well optimized. It runs much better on my laptop than the original, while also looking better. I can even finally run those graphics mods at an appreciable framrate
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13132 on: December 17, 2016, 07:51:21 am »

Does the special edition have a limited amount of script extender capability built into it? I'm seeing a few mods that needed SKSE that now have special edition versions.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #13133 on: December 17, 2016, 08:03:20 am »

There is no SKSE for Special Edition yet, since it requires basically a complete rewrite since it's 64-bit. They're working on it but it will take a while.
As for mods that needed SKSE - they usually use workarounds that aren't really that great, but in general Special Edition has better capabilities so using shitty methods doesn't strain it as much as the regular game.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13134 on: December 17, 2016, 08:08:44 am »

The fact that SkyUI will never be supported by Special Edition makes it a dealbreaker for me.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13135 on: December 17, 2016, 08:24:48 am »

The fact that SkyUI will never be supported by Special Edition makes it a dealbreaker for me.

Dont despair just yet, it could still be ported by someone else or someone will make their own version.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #13136 on: December 17, 2016, 08:34:40 am »

It's going to happen, tbh, as soon as SKSE gets up. SkyUI is too crucial to simply not exist - while it might not be SkyUI anymore and some other mod, but surely there will be something similar to it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #13137 on: December 17, 2016, 12:45:11 pm »

There's already UI mods on the nexus that duplicate the major bits of it for SE

EDIT: Here's the ones I use:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5224/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3865/?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:20:44 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13138 on: December 18, 2016, 05:07:18 am »

Y'know what mod I'd really love? Something that highlights alchemy collectables on the map. Those flowers and mushrooms are too damned easy to overlook, especially at night.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13139 on: December 18, 2016, 05:58:15 am »

I must be strange, because the most I play with are the pocket smithy/alchemy pack, the flyable broomstick, left rings and capes mods, and the farm anywhere mod.

I dont do any others. 

But for the plants?  I have the places where the plants are basically memorized by now, I have played that game so much. 
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 896