???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 388505 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (Down to the Lands...)
« Reply #1860 on: December 16, 2011, 05:49:27 pm »

Didn't someone say that it was really hard to get god tier and not everyone could do it? Unless I'm remembering it wrong.

Also Blade, from the handbook manual thing:
Quote from: First paragraph on page 65
The first portal will take the player to another location on their planet, the second will take them to their Server player's house... 
About getting to Skaia, though I'm not sure this means what I think it means, or if it even helps at all:
Quote from: Same page, after the picture of DD and PM
After progressing through their worlds, the players will end up on Skaia itself, a planet covered in a chessboard pattern, representing the ultimate potential.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 16, 2011, 06:11:36 pm »

Didn't someone say that it was really hard to get god tier and not everyone could do it?
Yeah, but that doesn't mean they were right.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 16, 2011, 06:15:25 pm »

That's true, I guess. But I'd believe that because nobody said anything to the effect of the opposite as far as I know. If someone has, please link it.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: December 16, 2011, 07:54:57 pm »

Alright then, after a quick perusal of the wiki and also the part in Homestuck where John gets tricked into going to Rose's house, I have determined that yeah, I was totally right the whole time.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003583

This page and the few after it for proof.

I actually got a bit confused myself after checking the pdf and wiki, (http://mspaintadventures.wikia.com/wiki/The_Seven_Gates) but the first paragraph of the wiki seems to be where the pdf got the information and is more than a little misleading, especially when you read further down (paragraph four). The main problem is it doesn't distinguish between gates over the house's, and the gates sprinkled over the lands.

Anyway, the important bits:

1. There are more gates than the ones hovering over your house, and those in your land take you to the homes of players in their land (including your own)
2. In any case, the first gate of either set wouldn't port you to anyone else's house.
3. God tiers aren't the only way to reach Skaia. You do not have to get the tiger to participate in the final battle.
4. Choosing to go God Tier will require a sub-quest, rather than immediate level advancement for someone who wants to have a powerful Signature Alchemy. The main bulk of said subquest will involve finding one of your two quest beds, and then dying all over it.
5. Lastly, remember rule zero. There's a lot we know about the game mechanics of Sburb, but also a lot we don't. Things will be fudged. Canon will be ignored interpreted creatively.

Now, let's get back to playing the game. I have to do something real quick, and then I'll probably get to assaulting CR with a bunch more enemies.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 16, 2011, 08:19:29 pm »

The ones around the planets are called return nodes. Should help with the confusion.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 16, 2011, 08:21:36 pm »

The ones around the planets are called return nodes. Should help with the confusion.

See, that makes sense. I'll have to be certain to start referring to them in that manner.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 16, 2011, 08:24:13 pm »

I am a wellspring of random and mostly useless knowledge.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 16, 2011, 08:59:20 pm »

>Mikheal: Check your surroundings if you think your being watched. This was like rule number 6 that your father told you.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 17, 2011, 01:13:10 am »

*sigh* Well. I do have to return this key... I hope a meteor doesn't hit this place again. That would be silly.

>CR: Head back and return the key.

You start making your way up to the top of your house to return the key you'd borrowed to get into that temple. Swordsprite joins you as you ascend.

When you reach the top of the house, you notice a few enemies clustered around your gate. You can choose to attempt to get closer with stealth, which will be difficult, as there is no cover, or you can just straight up roll initiative.

>Mikheal: Check your surroundings if you think your being watched. This was like rule number 6 that your father told you.

You manage to spot the same black clad figure from earlier desperately looking around your hallway! He's talking into a radio, but you can't tell what he's saying. On closer inspection, you realize he is all black. How would you like to approach the situation?

Also, I really need a properly resized version of your maps.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 17, 2011, 01:29:50 am »

>CR: Roll Initiative

[10,4+7]=21

>CR: Run six spaces to the left.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 17, 2011, 01:40:33 am »

Oh man now here's where things start REALLY heating up oh man who could it be oh man I bet it's DD oh man

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 17, 2011, 02:01:17 am »

Oh man now here's where things start REALLY heating up oh man who could it be oh man I bet it's DD oh man
desperately
Probably CD. DD's too cool to look desperate.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 17, 2011, 02:02:45 am »

Maybe it's HB on a bad day? Who knows? Man I feel like I should be drawing this but Iød probably screw it up. (ignore the ø thing somehow apostrophes got messed up and Iøm too lazy to do something about it right now)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 17, 2011, 09:08:38 am »

>Mimi: Head west.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 17, 2011, 09:31:25 am »

>Mikheal: Yell at the black guy (No racism intended), while walking threatingly toward him.
Spoiler: Shoutlog (click to show/hide)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 335