???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 386490 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (Mortal Peril! Intrigue! Awkward Teen Romance!)
« Reply #2235 on: January 12, 2012, 03:36:09 pm »

RL: Ooooooooooh shit, this is probably gonna suck. CLIMB LIKE YOU'VE NEVER CLIMBED BEFORE
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 12, 2012, 03:43:07 pm »

Oh wow. I took a while to post again. So what were the effects of my blunder?
Raggle Fraggle

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: January 12, 2012, 04:09:28 pm »

>Mikheal: Maybe there all just indoors? Knock on someone's Door.

Edit: Because I had nothing better to do:
Spoiler: HeadCanon Sizes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:14:29 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (And so, the actual plot began to rear its ugly head...)
« Reply #2238 on: January 12, 2012, 08:21:11 pm »

Alright, too risky.

>Mimi: Just stab that thing.

You stab at the Basilisk for another 11 damage. It's starting to slow down, but you've been at your limit for a while. You need to hold out just a little longer.

The Basilisk snaps at you again. You dodge out of the way just barely.

No one moved, so no map update.

Now would be a good time to roll doubles.

> Claire: 1 southwest, BOOYEAH through the door 2 west, then attack and Scorpion's Strike.
[6,5 + 6] = 17
[4,9 + 6] = 19
I used the modifiers from the OP so they may not be entirely accurate.

Your modifiers in the OP are not accurate. They'd be 2 points behind, since you add your level as well. I'll try to get around to it tomorrow.

You kick open the door like an action hero, and charge in to open up those imps. Who the hell do they think they are, putzing around in your house? You slash at the first frogsuited jerk you find, dealing 11 damage.

The imps don't take kindly to your interruption, and attack you accordingly. Neither one scores a hit though, so it doesn't much matter.

>CR: Bash that ogre to oblivion.

[4,7+9]=20

You land another hit, dealing an additional 11 damage, even as you lose another hit point from the Ogre's aura.

The Ogre attacks you again as his compatriots advance, but can't manage to hit you still.

A fire imp reaches you, and he attacks you with sharp claws. He manages to slash you, but luckily, the wounds cauterize themselves! But it hurts like hell! You take 5 damage.

The other underlings move ever closer.

RL: Ooooooooooh shit, this is probably gonna suck. CLIMB LIKE YOU'VE NEVER CLIMBED BEFORE

You decide that, yes, this probably means Giclopses. Giclopsi. Whatever.

You emerge onto the roof, Snakesprite joining you at the last minute, and see a giclops. Well. Actually, there are two of them. Joy and wonderment.

Luckily, they are otherwise occupied. blackTemplar is currently fighting them, and, if his shouts and movements are any judge, enjoying it way too much. Unlike the Giclopses, however, two basilisks are less occupied. They sneer at you nastily as they ready themselves for battle.

Ugh, I'm beat. I'll make and post this map in the morning, especially since my Giclops sprite I tried to work up is hideous. In any case, roll initiative.

Oh wow. I took a while to post again. So what were the effects of my blunder?

I believe in addition to putting yourself prone, you took 5 damage. I'm too tired to look up the relevant post tonight, as I'm currently on a normal person schedule, instead of my more usual creature of the night routine. If someone could backtrack and quote the relevant section of the post in question (which was edited to contain the relevant information in regards to the blunder), that'd be lovely, but as it stands I'll probably end up doing it in the morning. I think the rest of you sleep at night too.

>Mikheal: Maybe there all just indoors? Knock on someone's Door.

Edit: Because I had nothing better to do:
Spoiler: HeadCanon Sizes (click to show/hide)

I think it's funny that Steven and Brian are dwarves, and Alex is nearly six feet tall despite being unable to see puberty from a tall building on a clear day.

You knock on a few doors, but no one answers. This place is unnaturally still, apart from the voices of the elder gods from the furthest ring filtering down to your head. You don't know how you know that's who they are either. The voices are getting clearer too. Also, probably not a good sign.

"Mikhael..."
"Knight, we seek only to assist thee..."
"We can lead you to victory when you'd never be able to alone"
"You have died a thousand times, and without us you will die a thousand more"
"We ask so little in return for our services"
"Speak to us, knight of mind, fulfill your destiny"

You are sorely tempted to stick your fingers in your ears and sing. It's just more of this crap, constantly. Who do they think they are dealing with, anyway? You aren't about to make a deal with the devil.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: January 12, 2012, 08:52:41 pm »

>Mikheal: If it will make them shut up, Listen.

And with that Mikheal is most likely going to go Grimdark at some point.

Edit: To be honest Blade, Steve is 12 and I've always imagined Brian being on the short side.
And Alex has been chopping wood for his entire life (Stop snickering), so he likely got at least a little buff from that.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:31:22 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: January 12, 2012, 08:57:39 pm »

> Claire: See if you can alchemize Imp 3 && Weapon to make Grist. Wait that's not really alchemy oh well do it
[4,8 + 8] = 20
[6,2 + 8] = 16
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: January 12, 2012, 09:06:31 pm »

No doubles :(

>Mimi: AGAIN.

2+4+11

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: January 12, 2012, 10:59:32 pm »

Once you hit your Second Wind you might have to run for it. Those ogres aren't looking too kind.

>Spin around in Sinister Irony, pushing them directly away.

[8,7+7]= 22 v. Reflex
[1,8+7]= 16 v. Reflex

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: January 12, 2012, 11:44:26 pm »

RL: AGGRESS FROM A DISTANCE

9+7+wow I haven't rolled init in forever it's like 5 right? = 21
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: January 13, 2012, 08:50:42 am »

>Mikheal: If it will make them shut up, Listen.

And with that Mikheal is most likely going to go Grimdark at some point.

Edit: To be honest Blade, Steve is 12 and I've always imagined Brian being on the short side.
And Alex has been chopping wood for his entire life (Stop snickering), so he likely got at least a little buff from that.

But... Muscles don't make you taller.

You resolve to listen to the voices for a bit, on the off chance that they'll shut their awful, awful mouths.

The voices cease, save for one. "Ah, good. It seems you are capable of listening to reason, Knight. Before I continue, I have a question for you. What would you say, were I to tell you that your quest has been doomed to fail, and has failed, countless times."

"What would you say, O Knight of Mind?"

> Claire: See if you can alchemize Imp 3 && Weapon to make Grist. Wait that's not really alchemy oh well do it
[4,8 + 8] = 20
[6,2 + 8] = 16

Your raptor blade goes snicker snap as you deal another 16 points of damage. This guy is pretty much down for the count if you land another hit.

The remaining imp hears the commotion and comes running.

Both of the Imp's by you attack you, and manage to land a couple of decent hits. You take 10 damage, all told.

No doubles :(

>Mimi: AGAIN.

2+4+11

You swing your blade at the Basilisk again, but to no avail. You miss.

The basilisk retaliates, biting at you, missing you by the skin of its teeth, in a very literal sense.

Still no movement.

Once you hit your Second Wind you might have to run for it. Those ogres aren't looking too kind.

>Spin around in Sinister Irony, pushing them directly away.

[8,7+7]= 22 v. Reflex
[1,8+7]= 16 v. Reflex

I just want to make sure really quick, is it clear that that big black mass in the center of the map is an enormous hole?

Also, Sinister Irony is an encounter power. You'll need a 5 minute rest before you use it again.

RL: AGGRESS FROM A DISTANCE

9+7+wow I haven't rolled init in forever it's like 5 right? = 21

You manage to score top initiative.

EDIT: Found it! DOUBLE EDIT: And, on closer inspection, I put up the wrong pic for it. Whale.

>PA: KRUMP THA GIT, HE SCUFFED YOUR GUBBINS!
[2,2]+9=13
You confirm for Brutal Affronts right?

Yes I do, and no I did not.

You get ready to bust out some truly rad moves on these bastards, but you slip and fall onto the cavern floor. It hurts pretty bad, and you won't be doing anything for the rest of the turn.

Your assailants try to get a few good kicks in before you have time to get up, but you manage to stay out of the way of their feet.

Your turn. You are still prone, and it'll take a move action to stand.

Someone check the effects of Troy's grave blunder, please. I'm on my new computer and it doesn't have reader on it yet, and I can't check it myself. Internet is too slow to DL it for a few hours. EDIT: Did it myself, eventually. He takes 5 damage from an a free attack by one of the imps.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: January 13, 2012, 08:57:53 am »

Sorry. I meant Reaping Justice, and that is what I rolled for. My mistake.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: January 13, 2012, 09:13:13 am »

Sorry. I meant Reaping Justice, and that is what I rolled for. My mistake.

Okay, that makes sense.

You swing your tonfa in a wide arc, even as you take 2 damage from the intense heat from the imp and Ogre. You manage to destroy the recently arrived imp, and force the Ogre back, dealing 14 damage to it as well.

The enemies continue to surge forward. A meteor imp makes its way to you, and tries to slash at you with his claws. The fatigue from the heat from the Ogre and the various imps must be getting to you, because he lands a direct hit, and your wound  is worth 5 hit points.

The Fire Ogre steps forward once again, and punches you square in the snout. You take 9 damage.

A meteor Ogre steps forward to assist in your defeat, but the other enemies are blocking his path! He waits behind the Fire Ogre.

The remaining enemies move forward. You have 9 hit points remaining, and your second wind has not been used.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: January 13, 2012, 09:26:34 am »

What kind of fall damage would I be looking at by jumping and would I need more movement than just moving to an edge?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: January 13, 2012, 09:47:24 am »

> Claire: Finish Imp 3, then shift west.
[4,9 + 8] = 21
[8,7 + 8] = 23
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: January 13, 2012, 10:03:39 am »

What kind of fall damage would I be looking at by jumping and would I need more movement than just moving to an edge?

That's a tricky question to answer. The volcano goes a long, long way down, so if you jumped the full distance, your knees would probably go through your shoulders. Theoretically, you could grab the edge and swing down, and try to land on the floor below. But, if you miss, you might end up falling a long way before landing, and a one floor drop would be a d10 already.

> Claire: Finish Imp 3, then shift west.
[4,9 + 8] = 21
[8,7 + 8] = 23

You take out Imp 3, then use your Scorpion's strike to get started on Imp 2. It takes 8 physical damage, and substantial morale damage from seeing his wingman get blown into grist. You feel a little bad about ending a poor, innocent frog's life, but shake it off quickly. It was an imp in a frog suit, after all.

Imp 1 frog hops his way over to you, and tries to slap you around with an obscenely long tongue. You dodge the sticky, disgusting appendage.

Imp 2 tries his luck as well, but there's nothin' doin'.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 335