???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 388320 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (Mo' levels, Mo cards)
« Reply #2340 on: January 18, 2012, 10:29:30 am »

Hmm... fifth level common card. Wait, don't I get three card slots now that I'm level five? So let's see...

1) I'll take Legendary Piece of Shit for the fifth level common.
2) I'm going to make a precognition-themed rapier and and werewolf-themed armor for the alchemy. I'll do that when I get back to my main computer later, so no >ENTER for now.
3) As for the flash... you could always download the trial and follow some tutorials. The main difficulty would not be learning the tweening and timeline and all that, but instead syncing the images up to the music. That is hard as steel for me in Flash. I also want to offer to do images but MAAN I am up to my neck in image quota after finally getting Internet back. I could probably do a few if you wanted.
4) I do have a question. Do you think this system is feasible in a live game, like on Maptools? Because that would be incredible. I'm currently in a toss-up between systems/settings to use for my next impromptu Maptools game, which is something you should totally add me on Steam for if you want to be a part of.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: January 18, 2012, 11:10:34 am »

I figured that if one fell they would stick to the walls, but now that I can toss two of them... I assume the imp took 6 diagonals.

"THIS IS MAGMA!"

>CR: Shift to the right and use Reaping Justice to kick them into the pit (down-right).

[5,4+9]=18 v. Reflex
[7,6+9]=22 v. Reflex

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: January 18, 2012, 01:09:59 pm »

One last idea to throw out. Can you put all 7.5 alchemy points into one item? If I can I'll be burning my armor when I get back instead of the tonfa. I can live with weak attacks if I make an armor that is impossible to break.

Spoiler: Upgraded Item Idea (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Alright then. Master Tonfa is still happening, but I don't think I'll start flying just yet. Edited the item to be more sane, and less min/maxed.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:27:02 pm by The Fool »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: January 18, 2012, 01:12:18 pm »

Nah, I think you have to make a 3 and a 4. I am ninety nine percent sure we talked about this already, and it's a silly rule but it DOES prevent ridiculous minmaxing.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: January 18, 2012, 03:30:15 pm »

>Troy: Be sick and tired of bashing the few imps over and over again. Call out to the Past and Future Me's about what exists in the Darkness (Of the room)

Lets try this.
Oh wait. I need to choose a level 5 card to put into the pot right
I'll put in the Sapphire Contraband in to finish thing off
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:34:43 pm by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: January 18, 2012, 11:32:02 pm »

Hmm... fifth level common card. Wait, don't I get three card slots now that I'm level five? So let's see...

1) I'll take Legendary Piece of Shit for the fifth level common.
2) I'm going to make a precognition-themed rapier and and werewolf-themed armor for the alchemy. I'll do that when I get back to my main computer later, so no >ENTER for now.
3) As for the flash... you could always download the trial and follow some tutorials. The main difficulty would not be learning the tweening and timeline and all that, but instead syncing the images up to the music. That is hard as steel for me in Flash. I also want to offer to do images but MAAN I am up to my neck in image quota after finally getting Internet back. I could probably do a few if you wanted.
4) I do have a question. Do you think this system is feasible in a live game, like on Maptools? Because that would be incredible. I'm currently in a toss-up between systems/settings to use for my next impromptu Maptools game, which is something you should totally add me on Steam for if you want to be a part of.

1. Got it.
2. Okay.
3. If you wouldn't mind making them, I'd love for you to do a couple of the images, especially because I don't have a ton of confidence in my own artistic ability, especially with my scanner still on the fritz. Thing's pretty much dead. Of course, you'd have to not mind being spoiled about future plot. Though I'm not sure how obvious my coming 'twist' is.
4. This is definitely doable live, but if you do, I suggest finding a way to get the players together early on. Slower moving play-by post lends itself well to the 'canon' homestuck formula of NOBODY MEETS IN PERSON EVAR, but in person or in a group in a chatroom or using maptools (which I've never actually used and, really, have only a vague idea about), it would probably lead to bored players while one person hogs the limelight. It works fine for smaller groups, I don't know how many people you were planning on. I've been meaning to get a Steam account, everyone around here has one.
Also, I'm going to have to bow out in this case. I just started going back to college, and I'm having a bit of a rough start, plus I'm in 3 active games, one of which I run. Otherwise I would in a heartbeat. I love this system.

Unless of course, you aren't starting it for a few weeks or so. I'll be up to speed in my class fairly soon (I hope), and might be able to make time, depending on when you want to run. Fair warning, my internet is still shit, so I'll be dropping in and out of the session.

I figured that if one fell they would stick to the walls, but now that I can toss two of them... I assume the imp took 6 diagonals.

"THIS IS MAGMA!"

>CR: Shift to the right and use Reaping Justice to kick them into the pit (down-right).

[5,4+9]=18 v. Reflex
[7,6+9]=22 v. Reflex

Though there was some peril at the end, you came out on top in his most recent volcano strife. Log available upon request, for anyone who wants a peek. You emerge at the top of the volcano, and at the opposite edge, see a return node. I need to deal you your hand as well.

>Troy: Be sick and tired of bashing the few imps over and over again. Call out to the Past and Future Me's about what exists in the Darkness (Of the room)

Lets try this.
Oh wait. I need to choose a level 5 card to put into the pot right
I'll put in the Sapphire Contraband in to finish thing off

Unfortunately, you haven't acquired your time travel gear! Also, you must choose a card for level 4 as well.

For cards, I think we're still missing Bd and Johnfalcon.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: January 19, 2012, 09:44:28 am »

I will post my cards and new alchemies after I get to a real computer and Mikheal pesters Mimi. Currently on my phone at the moment. And to be honest, its a dick to type with.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: January 19, 2012, 04:40:01 pm »

Am I allowed to pick cards from earlier levels? If so then a CROCODILE WARRIOR. If not then gristtorrent.exe

>RUDENESS TO THE DARKNESS. DRAW THEM OUT WILL WORDS MOST FOUL.
Raggle Fraggle

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: January 19, 2012, 05:00:47 pm »

Pesterchum choose to break at the most inconvenient time, when the MSPA Fourms are down which is where the pesterchum download is.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: January 19, 2012, 07:29:31 pm »

>CR: Have a ninja dance party, and stay out of sight while you dance to the gate.

[6,5+11]=22

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: January 19, 2012, 08:02:25 pm »

I will post my cards and new alchemies after I get to a real computer and Mikheal pesters Mimi. Currently on my phone at the moment. And to be honest, its a dick to type with.

I honestly don't blame you. Even on smartphones, typing's a bitch on a phone.

Am I allowed to pick cards from earlier levels? If so then a CROCODILE WARRIOR. If not then gristtorrent.exe

>RUDENESS TO THE DARKNESS. DRAW THEM OUT WILL WORDS MOST FOUL.

You can pick cards from your level and under. So CROCODILE WARRIOR it is!

You start cussing out the enemies hiding in the darkness, and either you  convinced them that your slurs are fact and they're hiding out of shame, or they worked out that coming out to face you is a death sentence. So.

>CR: Have a ninja dance party, and stay out of sight while you dance to the gate.

[6,5+11]=22

You slip around the lip of the volcano and hop on through your next gate, and find yourself in a house. Not your house, but what at least appears to be a normal, human house.

Your ninja senses tingle. It is a girls house.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: January 20, 2012, 01:43:46 am »

>CR: Search for an alchemizer and maybe some hints as to whose house this is.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: January 20, 2012, 02:05:10 am »

Well this is about to get really awkward.

Also BD's not been around for 5 days now. How long should we give him?
Also also it might be viruses/virii, but he said they were on his sister's computer but then maybe the gamblignants caught up with him. Man I knew he should've taken a canesword.
Also also also Pesterchum keeps giving me error 10060s. It's annoying as it keeps me from connecting (why I'm not on these days) but apparently it's just from busy servers. Anyone else get anything similar?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: January 20, 2012, 03:14:58 am »

Well this is about to get really awkward.

Also BD's not been around for 5 days now. How long should we give him?
Also also it might be viruses/virii, but he said they were on his sister's computer but then maybe the gamblignants caught up with him. Man I knew he should've taken a canesword.
Also also also Pesterchum keeps giving me error 10060s. It's annoying as it keeps me from connecting (why I'm not on these days) but apparently it's just from busy servers. Anyone else get anything similar?
I'm not in this, but I use Pesterchum all the time. It does give me that error, but I just kinda ... wait it out? I noticed that chumdroid likes to connect easier. Hurrah for Chumdroid!
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: January 20, 2012, 07:04:46 am »

>PA: Break some Crystal. Hopefully a usable chunk.
[6,10]+9=25
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 335